Notices

Road Race Motorsports RRM performance parts for Outlander & OS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Road Race Motorsports RRM performance parts for Outlander & OS

This thread is for All Outlander and Outlander Sport owners to find performance parts for their ride. There are now 2 engines that have been put on the OS model (2.0 & 2.4) Each of them have power parts for them. There is a section in the RRM Mitsubishi section for the OS, but it only addresses the 2.0 Model. It will still give you info on coil overs current OS models.
Outlander Sport: 2010-2016, 2.0 Models: http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_70
NOTE: Strut bars for Lancer will also work on OS models, 2.0 & 2.4 .....

Outlander Sport: 2015-2016, 2.4 Models: Lancer 2.4 NON turbo parts will work with the OS running the new 2.4. http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_23_24

Outlander Fullsize: (3rd Gen): 2.4 Models: http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...&cPath=1_23_24

Last edited by Krakker; Dec 31, 2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothin for '15 os 2.0
such a bummer
Old Dec 31, 2015, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CarGlo_OS
nothin for '15 os 2.0
such a bummer
My apologies;; I forgot the 2.0 going forward in 15-16. , , , , , , ORIGINAL POST EDITED
You can still get anything listed for the previous years with the 2.0 .
It would be a 4J11 motor. (SOHC = Single Over Head Cam) There motors don't change much. I put their pulley on our 13 OS and it fit like a glove. "SUPER" easy to do. takes more time to jack up the car, pull off the pass. wheel and plastic shielding than it does to impact off the bolt, lossen the belt off and swap it out.

Last edited by Krakker; Dec 31, 2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 02:16 PM

May want to triple check. They specifically list the 2014+ as not being compatible for the intake/suspension. In fact, when I contacted them, they said the crank pulley was the only thing available for the 2015..

I have a connect at AEM and am in the works to try to get my car in the there for R&D on an intake. For now, I guess it's K&N drop in..
Old Jan 6, 2016, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CarGlo_OS
May want to triple check. They specifically list the 2014+ as not being compatible for the intake/suspension. In fact, when I contacted them, they said the crank pulley was the only thing available for the 2015..

I have a connect at AEM and am in the works to try to get my car in the there for R&D on an intake. For now, I guess it's K&N drop in..
I have a lancer injen intake on mine. Everything mounts up the same the only thing that they changed for 2014+ is the size of the MAF sensor. I have mine zip tied on for now til I have time to resurface it and drill new holes.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

I did a fix for this on the wifes 14 Big O. The MAF sensor is just a new design in how it bolts to the boss for it. The difference is the bolt locations and the raised centering tabs on the older boss. You can use the same older intakes on the newer models. you just need a file and be able to use a drill and tap for some new holes.

I've also talked with Rob at RRM about this, he's gotten a new MAF sensor and looked into the fitment. He's already talked about getting some "blanks" of the intakes and doing a run of the newer style.
Just call them and ask about the newer style or speak with Rob himself about the newer boss hole locations.

There is also my thread Post #'s 8-9
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...nder-mods.html
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Spoke with Rob tonight, He just got in the set of blanks for the intakes and just needs to get them to the machinist for the new MAF sensor. Feel free to call them and inquire about'm.

On another note, we talked about tuning for the 4J12 and the difference's from the 4B12 / 11. The only difference between the 2 is the head. Where the 4B12 is a DOHC, and the 4J12 is the SOHC, the newer SOHC have the advantage of less rotating mass. They still both have 4 valves, but the 4J12 just uses a single cam to do it.

The piggy back controller will work with the 2.4L 4J12 as it controls the fuel and ignition. (using the timing controller)
Turbo kit will also work with the 4J12.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Happy new year Fellas!

Originally Posted by Krakker

....On another note, we talked about tuning for the 4J12 and the difference's from the 4B12 / 11. The only difference between the 2 is the head. Where the 4B12 is a DOHC, and the 4J12 is the SOHC, the newer SOHC have the advantage of less rotating mass. They still both have 4 valves, but the 4J12 just uses a single cam to do it.......
I have information (see the attached pdf file) only about the 4J11 engine (used currently in Europe for the Outlander and Outlander PHEV). As Krakker mentioned the parasitic losses are reduced in the J series over the B line. In the case of the 2.0 L engine it apparently resulted in a 12% reduction of fuel consumption. The attached file describes how the MIVEC system works with a single camshaft. There is no reduction of power or torque there. With the 2.4L going from DOHC to SOHC there is an insignificant loss of power (2 HP) and torque (5 lb ft).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
New Engine_4J11.pdf (1.03 MB, 0 views)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:26 AM

RR confirmed yesterday via email they now have an intake for ALL model OS's.
They said they're doing a limited production run at this time, I went ahead and purchased. I don't know if they'll be updating their site but the intake has new maf placement as earlier stated in the thread, so it will work hassle free for 2014-15. Stoked!