Notices

troubling Code P0145

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
per your pics its the right one its got the black edges. thanks for all this info! I'll see why it doesn't completely close. I know it only goes in one way with the bigger rim towards the engine
Old Sep 6, 2016, 07:37 AM

so I changes Plugs this weekend, boots were in great condition, spark plugs didnt look old either. i replaced them anyways for a 'control' in this ongoing problem. secured air box and played with the air hose more everything is snug. hesitation isn't as noticeable but its still cycling. i put it in neutral and the engine still revs so its not a CVT issue im assuming. ill wait till the CEL is back on before i get it read. I have no clue where to go from here..
Old Sep 6, 2016, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
You know what..
Could it be the fuel filter being clogged (from bad gas??)
You're only getting this cycling problem at low RPMs, correct?

Perhaps try one or two full tanks of premium gas and try a bottle of injector cleaner.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 07:03 AM

its worth a shot! ive used premium since ive owned the car. (2k miles now) ill get some today and and with the next fill up to see.

thanks again for all your help!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Wished you were a bit closer and then can diagnose the problem(s) better.
Or, at least I can send you to the tech at the dealership I go to - they won't give you a load of BS... especially when the issue is still occurring.

So, what was it that prevent the air filter box from closing properly? Just a misalignment??
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:22 AM

yeah the lower clips weren't connected so the top would be tight but it was easily fixed when i removed the air filter completely.

its hard they know i wont pay them to fix it so they seem lazy about the diagnosis, as my warranty isn't through them.

you don't think its an ECU issue? any idea how much it would cost to get it flashed?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 08:28 AM

so 3 tanks of premium and 2 different fuel inj. cleaner and change in car's symptoms. code is still there too.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 07:48 AM

*NEW UPDATE*

so the dealership/ mechanic who has been trying to fix this issue has officially went belly up and now are closed down for good....so convenient.

so ive found out some new things the code is still P0145 and ive tried to delete the code with a basic scan tool and come to find out i cant because its a "permanent Code" and was suggested to take it to the dealer, woohoo. so i took my OS to a different Mitsu dealer after a long story of how i came to this point they tried to delete it for me but another tech there said with those issues its either the wires connected to the 02 senser or i need a new ECM all together. and of course they just don't have part numbers they'd have to take out the wiring completely to sort that out. which i imagine is quite the labor cost so i haven't taken any further action. that being said my extended warrenty is now effective and I'll see if they will do anything as if i need a new computer that wont be fun.

currently im scouring Ebay for a used ECU as its much cheaper than a new one from mitsu.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spacko0131
*NEW UPDATE*

so the dealership/ mechanic who has been trying to fix this issue has officially went belly up and now are closed down for good....so convenient.

so ive found out some new things the code is still P0145 and ive tried to delete the code with a basic scan tool and come to find out i cant because its a "permanent Code" and was suggested to take it to the dealer, woohoo. so i took my OS to a different Mitsu dealer after a long story of how i came to this point they tried to delete it for me but another tech there said with those issues its either the wires connected to the 02 senser or i need a new ECM all together. and of course they just don't have part numbers they'd have to take out the wiring completely to sort that out. which i imagine is quite the labor cost so i haven't taken any further action. that being said my extended warrenty is now effective and I'll see if they will do anything as if i need a new computer that wont be fun.

currently im scouring Ebay for a used ECU as its much cheaper than a new one from mitsu.
Hello,

What was the outcome of your situation?

I own a 2011 OS (135k miles) and i'm currently going through the same issue as you. My car is in mint condition, regularly get serviced, no prior issues whats so ever. I changed the 02 sensor with an OEM, check for fuel leakage in the injectors, vacuum leaks, Spark plugs, changed battery, etc, etc. but still P0145 still comes up.

My car drives perfect with no problems. But when at idle, at a stop sign or red light, the RPM fluctuates and sometimes the car stalls. I also notice that when i turn on the A/C or heater at idle the RPM fluctuates harder and even stalls faster.

I took it to Mitsubishi and a few mechanics and they keep telling me the same story that I need a new 02 sensor, even though I just replaced it.

Please help!!!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by spacko0131
... but another tech there said with those issues its either the wires connected to the 02 senser or i need a new ECM all together. and of course they just don't have part numbers they'd have to take out the wiring completely to sort that out. which i imagine is quite the labor cost so i haven't taken any further action. that being said my extended warrenty is now effective and I'll see if they will do anything as if i need a new computer that wont be fun.

if you're under warranty, why would you have to buy the ECM yourself - tell them to FIX it.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 07:55 AM

sorry I'm not active on here as I'd like to be.

the fix was actually a TSB! the ECU needed a software update that was fixed in 2013 i suppose. The dumb thing was even though it caused an engine light and would kill the engine Mitsu was NOT required to fix it. so i had to pay $175 for them to update ECU.

also, OEM warranty is up to 100k miles or 5 years. my mitsu is past that
The following users liked this post:
GAR3TH (Dec 19, 2017)
Old Jun 7, 2020, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having same code

Having same code p145 I’m seeing it says u updated the ecu? So funny I told the shop that
thanks!!

Last edited by Drew Boo; Jun 7, 2020 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added more detail