Notices

Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market

This has been done already with Minis for example and now with the new Volvo XC 40 is also offering such paint pattern (black roof different body). Mitsubishi apparently introduced this ASX model as the 100th anniversary edition (Hyaku apparently means 100). It seems one can get it in only two colors (white or red). Here are some photos.
Attached Thumbnails Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_r.jpg   Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_r2.jpg   Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_wheel.jpg   Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_w.jpg   Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_w3.jpg  

Two-tone paint (Hyaku Edition) now only for overseas market-asx-hyaku-edition_w4.jpg  
Old Nov 25, 2017, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
nice..

Mitsu always gravitate to making minor changes to the color & look of our CUVs...
Just wished they would show a bit more ***** and go for the real meaningful stuff > Turbo!
at least for their 100th anniversary edition,
come on now.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
nice..

Mitsu always gravitate to making minor changes to the color & look of our CUVs...
Just wished they would show a bit more ***** and go for the real meaningful stuff > Turbo!
at least for their 100th anniversary edition,
come on now.
Agreed. The concepts look great and the production models are just dull. The last character car was the OS/RVR/ASX in 2010. Although I may not want it but I do not understand why a Ralliart version was never offered. You will get a turbo again with a 1.5 L engine in the Eclipse Cross, just not the kind you wished for.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
i'm glad two-tone paint died in the 90's.

the Japanese carmakers used to be more adventurous and performance-minded - now they are just boring.

Mitsu: 3000GT's, AWD turbo Eclipses, Evos -> low power family haulers
Toyota: AWD turbo Celica, Supra -> yawnfest
Nissan: 300ZX turbo -> 370Z (practically unchanged for 10 years - at least they still make the GT-R)
Subaru: entire lineup performance models available with turbo -> STI at 300hp since 2004

<yawn>
Old Nov 27, 2017, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

^
Perhaps it's true about what they say..
The age* thing Finally caught up with those Japanese executives and now the'yre just a bunch of 60-70 year olds running those automakers now and they can't handle anything with too much power, ie: anything over 140HP

*either that or they just have a Low Testosterone count...
Old Nov 27, 2017, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

One has to realize that Mitsubishi is producing cars (the same ones) for the world market and there is a world outside North America, where their cars are doing well.
Here clearly the "give me more power" is the dominant attitude as elsewhere the value for the money wins. Here are some proofs.
Mitsubishi ASX is the second best selling CUV in Australia behind the CX-3 despite being the oldest model (2010-).
https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...all-suv--64925
It gets the #6 position if it is included to the larger models (with the likes of CX-5, Tucson an X-Trail (Rogue)) beating the Subaru Forester and H-RV.
https://www.fleetplus.com.au/news-an...t-selling-suvs
The MItsubishi Outlander PHEV was the most popular plug-in hybrid car (all categories) in the UK:
https://insideevs.com/mitsubishi-out...nissan-leaf-2/
https://www.am-online.com/news/2015/...vehicle/38019/
http://www.business-times.co.uk/arti...plug-in-hybrid
For the record, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is a ~10 s car, when it comes to 0-60.
https://insideevs.com/mitsubishi-imp...utlander-phev/

Last edited by AWCAWD; Nov 27, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

^
I certainly don't contest the data about how well Mitsu does outside of the USA.
And, value does matter to me.

However, I do like to point out that most Mitsu competitors here in the States offer More power options in the same model lineup. Not just the occasional body panel refresh or color change-ups.
That's all.

For the past 5 years, the chassis/sheet-metal and suspension on our CUVs have held up great. I only wish for a more potent engine/trans upgrade by now.
Surely, they can pull that out from old old stock of a AWD Turbo Eclipses...

Mitsu doesn't even need to spend any money on design or R&D for that. Am I asking too much?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
I certainly don't contest the data about how well Mitsu does outside of the USA.
And, value does matter to me.
yup!

they are all just very boring!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

My intention to start this thread was simply to show a market-specific new paint scheme.
Few fellow members here had even customized their vehicles for something similar paint years ago:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...allery-23.html (#336)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...allery-13.html #192)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...allery-11.html (#162)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...gallery-8.html (#119)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...gallery-4.html(#57).
I understand that some of us are not happy with the direction Mitsubishi has taken in North America and may even have buyers regret as the competition is certainly offering more power options. Landshark and mRVRsport, your opinion is fully respected in this regard. The prognosis is clear: Mitsubishi is not a competitive alternative for US buyers and will be phased out. The real question is do they really want to pedal and please the really small North-American market or not. My feeling is they simply do not care and the reason is their global policy and relative success elsewhere (their overseas success may have not been obvious to everyone here). A couple of thousands more (powerful) cars sold here would cause production and repair costs to increase and they would not be competitive in other markets. In Europe the 1.6L and the 2.2L diesels are the most popular. They do not even sell the ASX with the 2.0L gasoline engine (let alone the 2.4L) due to fuel prices. They only sell a manual 2WD model with a 1.6 L gasoline engine. Imagine how bored those European Mitsubishi owners are reaching 100 km/h (62 mi/h) in 11-12 s.
I am not advocating for Mitsubishi and certainly do not work for them. I have made a decision 5 years ago to purchase my first ever Mitsubishi car. I did not regret it because I knew what I was buying. I personally enjoy to be bored and not being entertained by the faults, and high service costs that would rain on me, had I have a more dynamic car. There is simply no free lunch. Are there better cars? Sure, many. Is there a better value for money? I am not sure (at least for me).

Last edited by AWCAWD; Nov 28, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
My intention to start this thread was simply to show a market-specific new paint scheme.

I understand that some of us are not happy with the direction Mitsubishi has taken in North America and may even have buyers regret as the competition is certainly offering more power options. Landshark and mRVRsport, your opinion is fully respected in this regard. The prognosis is clear: Mitsubishi is not a competitive alternative for US buyers and will be phased out. The real question is do they really want to pedal and please the really small North-American market or not. My feeling is they simply do not care and the reason is their global policy and relative success elsewhere (their overseas success may have not been obvious to everyone here). A couple of thousands more (powerful) cars sold here would cause production and repair costs to increase and they would not be competitive in other markets. In Europe the 1.6L and the 2.2L diesels are the most popular. They do not even sell the ASX with the 2.0L gasoline engine (let alone the 2.4L) due to fuel prices. They only sell a manual 2WD model with a 1.6 L gasoline engine. Imagine how bored those European Mitsubishi owners are reaching 100 km/h (62 mi/h) in 11-12 s.
I am not advocating for Mitsubishi and certainly do not work for them. I have made a decision 5 years ago to purchase my first ever Mitsubishi car. I did not regret it because I knew what I was buying. I personally enjoy to be bored and not being entertained by the faults, and high service costs that would rain on me, had I have a more dynamic car. There is simply no free lunch. Are there better cars? Sure, many. Is there a better value for money? I am not sure (at least for me).

i did not single out Mitsubishi - ALL the Japanese car companies became boring chasing after the SUV market.

the OS is a great car for my wife, and i showed my mom the Eclipse Cross, and she loves it.

Will MY next car be a Mitsubishi? not a chance - life is too short to drive boring cars. if someday Mitsu puts out a performance model (NOT SUV), i'll give it a look ....