Notices

2013 Navi & Camera Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Navi & Camera Upgrade

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to upgrade the stock head unit in a 2013 Outlander Sport to the Navigation style radio, and add the backup camera as well. Is this something that is pretty straightforward like swapping out a normal radio head unit? Or is there something completely different in the wiring that makes the navi and camera work correctly from the factory?

Thanks,
Chris!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
The oem nav system is straight plug and play. I’ve done it and others as well for that oem look. You just need the right parts. The nav unit you need is 8750a238 (it’ll be the N-05) model you can get off eBay used. The install kit you need is MZ360321EX you can pick this up new off eBay. It’ll take an hr if you go slow. Only drawback is the maps won’t be up to date, but it’ll still work. Look into buying a map cd in the future. Once you got the nav you can buy the oem backup cam kit that’ll be plug and play into the nav system, you need the nav system for this to work since your car didn’t originally come with the cam. MZ380552EX (if you google this number you’ll find the pdf instructions on the first page as well to give you an idea now it installs) is the part number for the camera with instructions etc, and MZ360338EX is the part number for the harness. And that’s it.
The following users liked this post:
pathosmusic (Jan 15, 2018)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 07:36 PM

Hey thanks for all that info Nast!

Before I embark on this, are there any other aftermarket headunits that would work with this instead of the stock navi system? Not sure if it would be better to go with something that has newer app functionality for the iphone like CarPlay?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
You can always go aftermarket. And there’s a harness out there so your aftermarket unit can integrate the OEM backup cam. Have you looked into a CarPlay/android auto radio. Or looked into those full android units
Old Jan 17, 2018, 05:25 AM

Yea I was looking at something like this https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130233...X.html?tp=5684
Old Nov 15, 2021, 07:49 PM

Question regarding wiring harness

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
The oem nav system is straight plug and play. I’ve done it and others as well for that oem look. You just need the right parts. The nav unit you need is 8750a238 (it’ll be the N-05) model you can get off eBay used. The install kit you need is MZ360321EX you can pick this up new off eBay. It’ll take an hr if you go slow. Only drawback is the maps won’t be up to date, but it’ll still work. Look into buying a map cd in the future. Once you got the nav you can buy the oem backup cam kit that’ll be plug and play into the nav system, you need the nav system for this to work since your car didn’t originally come with the cam. MZ380552EX (if you google this number you’ll find the pdf instructions on the first page as well to give you an idea now it installs) is the part number for the camera with instructions etc, and MZ360338EX is the part number for the harness. And that’s it.
I am installing this exact setup on a 2012 outlander sport that currently has the non nav radio. Little confused with the harness in the kit as it has three connections. I only have two open ones coming out of the car?? There is a third that is connected into another one in the car and electrical taped together?? Any help would be appreciated...