Notices

Hamman's 2012 OS Build Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
The sport is finally lifted! It was a huge PITA and took a while but I am very happy with the results! Much more ground clearance feels really good too!

40mm lift kit
Old Oct 31, 2018, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Roof box removed and replaced with a roof rack.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hamman:
Alexman2525 (Nov 5, 2018), MITSIBUSHU (Jan 12, 2024)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Fun in the snow and exploring some new roads!

Jconley123 (Aug 14, 2019), MITSIBUSHU (Jan 12, 2024)
Old Jun 3, 2019, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Updates! New Front bumper setup and 1.5" wheel spacers

Jconley123 (Aug 14, 2019), MITSIBUSHU (Jan 12, 2024)
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:33 PM
jpo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cv joints/angles

Originally Posted by Hamman
The sport is finally lifted! It was a huge PITA and took a while but I am very happy with the results! Much more ground clearance feels really good too!

40mm lift kit

Fun in the snow and exploring some new roads!

did you end up adding the 30mm h&r springs on top of the 40mm spacers? if so, how are the cv angles and joints?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
solid looking build!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

It has been some time since I updated this! The OS is now satin black! This pic is from a few months ago. I have 31's and new rims on the way currently and it is missing the bumpers as it was just out of drying.

inuvik (Oct 11, 2020), victor soto (Apr 5, 2021)
Old Oct 11, 2020, 09:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looking good!
Old Apr 5, 2021, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested

[QUOTE=Hamman;11920327]It has been some time since I updated this! The OS is now satin black! This pic is from a few months ago. I have 31's and new rims on the way currently and it is missing the bumpers as it was just out of drying.

[/QUOTE

Can you contact me.? I would love to know more about your built and if there is any way you can help me out.
your car is awesome dude.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Pic updates! Since the last post, new cnc cut front/rear bumpers and new aluminum light-bar roof rack rails. CNC cut in my shop with 1/8" aluminum. I am (thinking) about making these available for purchase for OS owners.

The problem is, most people front want to cut/move/alter things on there rigs, which I totally get. I receive a ton of DM's and messages about how did I do something and what can they do. If you are NOT willing to cut, remove and relocate things on your OS then really....you can't. So, the roof rack rails are pretty straight forward. I do not know about OS's with pre-existing rails but if you don't not have anything currently there should be some mounts under the roofs black weather striping. May have to pull them back to see. one per corner of the car and there are two mounting bolts per corner.

The following 3 users liked this post by Hamman:
ASX_Billy (Mar 13, 2022), jb3rddensity (Mar 14, 2022), MITSIBUSHU (Jan 12, 2024)
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Look great! Thanks for the update!
The following users liked this post:
Hamman (Mar 14, 2022)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow Wow wow Hamman! I love the new setup, the roof racks? I’d love a set for my OS!

Pic updates! Since the last post, new cnc cut front/rear bumpers and new aluminum light-bar roof rack rails. CNC cut in my shop with 1/8" aluminum. I am (thinking) about making these available for purchase for OS owners.

The problem is, most people front want to cut/move/alter things on there rigs, which I totally get. I receive a ton of DM's and messages about how did I do something and what can they do. If you are NOT willing to cut, remove and relocate things on your OS then really....you can't. So, the roof rack rails are pretty straight forward. I do not know about OS's with pre-existing rails but if you don't not have anything currently there should be some mounts under the roofs black weather striping. May have to pull them back to see. one per corner of the car and there are two mounting bolts per corner.

The following users liked this post:
Hamman (Jun 11, 2022)
Old Jun 10, 2022, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Droog Manufacturering

Is there a possibility to turn your rooftop panels into a low profile roof basket? It appears to have a few crossbars. I have the OEM Mitsubishi roof rack and it's super tall at least 5 inches. Then you add a roof basket on top and it almost looks unsightly. Looking for something a little bit more low profile.

Any pictures of how it's mounted it to your Outlander?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ASX_Billy
Is there a possibility to turn your rooftop panels into a low profile roof basket? It appears to have a few crossbars. I have the OEM Mitsubishi roof rack and it's super tall at least 5 inches. Then you add a roof basket on top and it almost looks unsightly. Looking for something a little bit more low profile.

Any pictures of how it's mounted it to your Outlander?
Yeah you for sure could fab up some low profile boxes if you will. I had a 2006 Nissan Xterra and one of my favorite features with the built in roof rack wet box for gear/straps, etc...It had a cover with struts that could lock as well. Awesome feature.

I currently have two big openings on the roof rack in-between the cross bars that could hold to low pro cargo boxes. Roughly 3" deep. You could do one big cargo section or break it up into whatever you'd like.

The side panels are 1/8 aluminum. They are the held in place by 4 CNC cut L bent brackets that bolt onto the existing roof rack mount holes. There are two screws per corner, it is very well mounted and sturdy. I've had plywood and other materials up there in the past. It is kind of a pain to install but that is why I went with the 1/8" material as it is a bit thinner and slides down in-between the L bracket and roof bend area. It is slightly wavy looking at it from the back but not a big deal. With some cargo boxes and more roof slats it could be straightened out for sure. The light bar up front helps a ton as well. I suppose if you don't want a light setup you could just do more slats and then like an air dam or something as well.

I'll try and get some pics up at some point. You can kind of make out the L shaped brackets on this pics I think...maybe not lol