Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inneedof
my guess would be just as close as it was during the last dyno day

Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
No intake piping does virtually nothing. Most screw with the MAF and put you in different load colums. Stock turbo doesn't flow enough lbs to warrant any bigger piping. Maybe maxed out on meth needing every last hp but for bolt ons its not worth the headache and drivability....
So I am doing okay with the stock's + apexi intake?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes for the most part. I am not sure what your mods are but it should be sufficient. The good thing about the Apexi is the material used has execellent filtration. It also has there own type of velocity stack which produces a more laminar flow over say a typical K&N. The biggest drawback it has a MAF adapter which alot of them have proven to disrupt the MAF and put you in different load columns. I had the newer Buschur/Vibrant filter which had a very similiar design and it made my drivability worse and my tune had to be changed some.

After switching to a GST filters which doesn't use any type of MAF adapter it just bolts directly to the MAF and the design of the filter creates very strait (laminar) airflow and made drivability much better over my other filter.

I then went the a BMC drop-in plus a larger Rexpeed carbon airbox cover and have noticed more consistent temps during logs. My drivabililty is better also and I didn't lose any power. The cone filters are nice they just dont really do a whole lot until you are completely maxing out the stock turbo. The Apexi is good though. As long as you have somebody like JB or Lucas tune it you should be fine with it. Sorry for the lengthy post
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SunKren
I guess that hawk pads aren't good?
Oh Jason I think you just had a freak accident! You know I have hp+ and I ran 5 track days without any issues...
But yeah, ferodo pads are awsome, Can't go wrong with them
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats up people?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo

I called you.. left a voice maill.. you texted me, I replyed.. and havent heard from you since. =[
Originally Posted by Mistaken
Whats up people?
Not to much man... just got back from a fire work show.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

u know how ramses slow at textin.. but he love me... haha he always respond my texts...
Old Jul 4, 2008, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by importjake00
I called you.. left a voice maill.. you texted me, I replyed.. and havent heard from you since. =[

I know that he has been really busy, planning a party, being best man in a wedding and trying to get his car back together by friday
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
I know that he has been really busy, planning a party, being best man in a wedding and trying to get his car back together by friday
Oh, I understand. Its no biggie. I am down for the week anyway. Backs acting up again.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry Jake, yeah I have been real busy this week. I never got a text either, so thats prob why i hadnt called you back, but i meant too the other day. Hit me up again as I forgot to save the message you left me w/ your phone # I got more stuff today, but can hit you up sometime this weekend.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by importjake00

I wanna go for a drive...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Yes for the most part. I am not sure what your mods are but it should be sufficient. The good thing about the Apexi is the material used has execellent filtration. It also has there own type of velocity stack which produces a more laminar flow over say a typical K&N. The biggest drawback it has a MAF adapter which alot of them have proven to disrupt the MAF and put you in different load columns. I had the newer Buschur/Vibrant filter which had a very similiar design and it made my drivability worse and my tune had to be changed some.

After switching to a GST filters which doesn't use any type of MAF adapter it just bolts directly to the MAF and the design of the filter creates very strait (laminar) airflow and made drivability much better over my other filter.

I then went the a BMC drop-in plus a larger Rexpeed carbon airbox cover and have noticed more consistent temps during logs. My drivabililty is better also and I didn't lose any power. The cone filters are nice they just dont really do a whole lot until you are completely maxing out the stock turbo. The Apexi is good though. As long as you have somebody like JB or Lucas tune it you should be fine with it. Sorry for the lengthy post
Understood. Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

will a evo trunk fit a good sized wheel chair?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i'm pretty sure it would.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

good. cuz thats where im gonna be haha

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***