Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Current list of E85 stations in WA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New E-85 pump open at NASWI! This is the navy base in Oak Harbor for all you non-military folks. Just like the base in Everett is open to all DOD contrators, military personnel and dependents. I just found out about this today when I filled up on base.It has been open for about a week now...I would of known earlier but i usually fill up at the seaplane base.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I now buy by the 55 Gallon Drums from Bob's in Clackamas due to the fact that nobody in Vancouver can seen to keep their doors open serving E85.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Account Disabled

I believe the e85 on NAS whidbey has been open maybe two weeks now, I posted about when they were starting the construction back in Dec, and remember stopping by there a couple weeks ago to check to see if the pump was in fact on.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

They said that it had been open for about a week when i went inside and asked on the 15th
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:03 AM

Location: Where the Army takes me,Tacoma Washinton current in Afganistan
Dos anyone nows if u can buy e85 in ft lewis wa
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:09 PM

Why so much biodiesel in seattle but no E85? I live 1 block away from an e85 station in another state and am considering moving back with my parents in Brier. Seems the closest station is Marysville. Ick. I would be in the middle of 405 and i15 so its a 10 minute drive just to get on the freeway.

If I buy 55 gallon drums directly from a supplier then it would make more sense to just get E95 (95% ethanol, 5% methanol, pretty sure E100 is actually E95 since they don't want people drinking the stuff). That leads into Fuel pump requirement changes. I have dual external 255 walbros which can handle 1000+hp on gasoline but with E95, they might crap out at 600 something. I don't really want to change to dual Denso 044's. I really don't need the octane or the small HP/torque increase. My state only sells E70 year round and this still allows very aggressive timing without needing a massive amount of extra fuel flow.
If you buy E95 you can mix your own E85 or whatever blend you want but that would get a bit annoying on a day you just want to go and drive.

Also, if you fill your own 55 gallon drum at an E85 station, wouldn't they yell at you for not putting the container on the ground? No way I would be able to heft the thing back up after filling it :P I don't know how serious people are about enforcing that rule but I figure a 55 gallon drum would catch some attention.

Right now I have a 12 gallon cell and carry 17 gallons of extra fuel around in 3 containers. So I go to my friends house near the track, test out the car a bit. Then hit the track, and have plenty of fuel for a cruise etc.

Seattle sounds terrible as I would rather make a trip already having fuel then make at trip to get fuel. I do have a friend who bought 250 gallons of E95 last year in a giant chemical container he got on ebay. They came to him and filled it up for him.
I know farmers get their fuel delivered. If you could get your own container for fuel and delivery was not crazy expensive, that would be pretty trick. I get the feeling from this thread that E85 might not ever be in Seattle. E85 was a hot topic a few years ago but with fuel prices dropping its not a great investment.

I don't know how much I would trust E85 stations as far as mixture % even if its the same distributor. I know the distributor near my house just dumps ethanol in with their cheap gasoline and they are not real careful about it. I will probably keep my ECU on wideband correction since I don't really care to constantly be checking ethanol content or invest in a ethanol content analyzer to hook up with my standalone. They are always going to use the low octane pump gasoline. They are not going to come up with a special batch of extra crappy low octane gasoline just to make E85. That would be a waste of money when you consider how small the total E85 consumption is in the country.

Me, I wish they would sell more E85 and stop selling E10+ gas. I like having fun in my fun car, and getting good mileage in my daily.
Most of the ethanol produced is going into normal gasoline. I remember the days when people said AM/PM gas (arco) was junk because it had ethanol in it. Now these days, everyone does.

Bio diesel in Seattle is just silly. I guess we want more big trucks on the ancient undersized city streets? Sell Bio Diesel in the rural areas and e85 in the city. The propel stations ahhhh! e85 in california but not seattle I don't know anything about the political reasons behind all that but I bet some idiot in a suit is involved.

Last edited by Ondonti; Mar 28, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyDSM
I now buy by the 55 Gallon Drums from Bob's in Clackamas due to the fact that nobody in Vancouver can seen to keep their doors open serving E85.
how much did this run you?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The E85 at Gateway Gas and Deli in Snoqualmie looks to be about ~E76 right now. I did the test tube three times on it and each time it was a little above 75% It's not like it gets that cold here.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:15 PM

yea we definatly need to get more e-85 stations here in wa, im thinking about converting here soon but lack of stations kinda holding me back
Old May 3, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Effin APP needs to get their Fife location done!!!!!!!! It was supposed to be done already but they're having "issues".

APP CFN Cardlock
Ethanol (E85)
2401 70th Ave E
Fife WA 98424
Phone: 253-627-6179
Distance: 11.4 Miles
Access: Public - credit card at all times
Old May 3, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

tell you what....if i was a business guy....I would open a 4 pump e85 stand providing 24-hr security while you pump so the homeless and dooche bags wont harrass you for $$$ or a ride. Keeping the overhead low by only selling things like redbull, monster etc!

In Tacoma---
Old May 4, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

I'd sell E98 at my station
Old May 4, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurboTim06
how much did this run you?
Here, it's whatever the gallon cost is plus about 55 gallons

No discount for buying in bulk, but it does keep me from running into town every week or two for fuel.

I did get two free "farm girl" calendars and an ink pen

Scott
Old May 4, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

^I'm pretty sure they were multiplying, not adding.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
I'd sell E98 at my station
where's ur station? and how much is a gallon

Quick Reply: Current list of E85 stations in WA