Portland E85 and injector tip gunk - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Portland E85 and injector tip gunk

Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:15 PM   #31
Evolving Member

Drives: McChord AFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfred View Post
There's no evidence on Evos of rubber fuel lines being eaten away by ethanol. razorlab did a complete teardown of his fuel system after several years of running E85, and everything was prestine. In addition, I had zero problems with gunk buildup when I was in the Tri-Cities.
well that is good to know, that means i shouldnt have to replace all my line lol. but i was just sharing what i herd and know!

Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:49 PM   #32
Evolved Member

Drives: 2006 Evo 9 & 2014 SRT GC

Mine had some build up on them. I get mine exclusively from Marysville (exit 206) and I store it at my house in 55 gallon drums.

I went back to pump gas and ran a tank through...seemed to clean them up nicely.

Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:26 PM   #33
EvoM Guru

Drives: Evo IX MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAWD View Post
well that is good to know, that means i shouldnt have to replace all my line lol. but i was just sharing what i herd and know!
Also, there's only about 2.5 feet total of rubber fuel line in the Evo fuel system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/TErnie View Post
Mine had some build up on them. I get mine exclusively from Marysville (exit 206) and I store it at my house in 55 gallon drums.

I went back to pump gas and ran a tank through...seemed to clean them up nicely.
I ordered up some of the fuel system cleaner, but I suppose running a tank of premium is the more convenient option.

Old Jan 2, 2012, 09:11 AM   #34
Evolving Member

Drives: is300, EVO9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thStroke View Post
When I first got Aarons 2150s, they worked flawlessly. In fact, the night they wrecked me, they did just fine for a few pulls. It seemed out of nowhere the buildup got the best of me. If the inector completely shut off, that would have been fine, I would have been on 3 cylinders (hurah for the Subie rumble!) and it would have been a matter of cleaning the injectors.

Cylinder 4 went wayyyyyy lean (kept spraying fuel, but not enough to keep the AFR rish enough and the EGTs cool) and melted a large hole in my head and put a couple divots in my block while destroying the head gasket. Luckily, my head and block are salvageable, but by no means was a it cheap and easy fix.

Keep an eye on your injectors, guys.
ok last night I did some pulls and i heard a pop and it started to sound like a subbie rumble. from 1k rpm to 2.5 rpm.

stumbled home and took apart the injectors and one of them were just clogged with gunk..

cleaned them off and started the car again and the rumble is still there.
changed back to pump gas and pump map and the rumble does not go away.

i have precision 1200 injectors and they all read 2.4 ohms.

could i have damaged the head? how else can i check the injectors?
i will try to post vid on the noise.
please help guys

Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:35 PM   #35
Evolved Member

Drives: '06 GG Evo IX SE

Yes post a vid so we can hear it...are u saying it idles rough but goed away with rpm? did u check all vac. lines and IC Pipe's?...engine light? Do u kno what your AFR's looked like at the time this issue happened? Hows it run above 2.5k rpm?
Lines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by keath View Post
ok last night I did some pulls and i heard a pop and it started to sound like a subbie rumble. from 1k rpm to 2.5 rpm.

stumbled home and took apart the injectors and one of them were just clogged with gunk..

cleaned them off and started the car again and the rumble is still there.
changed back to pump gas and pump map and the rumble does not go away.

i have precision 1200 injectors and they all read 2.4 ohms.

could i have damaged the head? how else can i check the injectors?
i will try to post vid on the noise.
please help guys

Old Sep 7, 2016, 04:21 PM   #36
EvoM Guru

Drives: Evo IX MR

I have an update in the E85 injector gunk thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e8...l#post11661335