Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Honey Badger build thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What's goin' on with that whole UICP/Intake configuration?

Also, if you're ever bored there's a better spot for the AFPR!

Name:  IMG_2839.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  270.6 KB
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good looking out, yeah we are just trying to get it back on the road i been kicking my self for putting the bootleg UICP back on i didn't even plan on this build untill next spring but it failed on me so i did what i could. i am planning on full ETS FMIC and LICP and UCIP for SD. and yeah we'll be relocating the AFPR. i bought thinking i would need it then i read here on Evom that i didn't need it untill over 500. so it sat on the shelf till i blew the motor, when we did rough math estimate and decided this build will probably need it so on it went.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, if this is of any assistance, it's not really a HP number that requires the AFPR, it's mainly for voltage.

When a Walbro 400lph in-tank is re-wired, the voltage over runs the stock FPR. So JohnBradley and many others have made well over 700 on the stock FPR as long as the voltage from their fuel pump is not over running it (the stock FPR). Aka, if you run a Buschur DP you'll be fine.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

right now i am running a Walbro 255 and FIC 950cc injectors, my buddy told me that if i ever want to run E85 on my set up i still need to go bigger because the build changed the thresholds of the car performance wise. i am still learning alot about the EVO and 4G63 game.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

got the new TPS sensor in tonight charged the AC system and she idles with a nice deep tone, still gotta dial in the GSC S2s again. but its nice to hear her running.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: for the past week i have been trying to find the cause of a misfire i was having, we also pretty much determined the cause of the engine failure in the first place was a collapsed lifter. so we replaced the lifters. still had a misfire. so we checked the coils at night so we could see the spark better and determined i needed coils as mine were on there last legs. so i showed this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lug-setup.htmlto my buddy helping with the build and off to the junk yard we went and picked up 4 coils off a RSX type S for around 100$ total. car still runs rough due to the tune but its alot better then it was. can't wait to get past this break in period right now i have 30/1000 miles on the clock. looking forward to more loggin and seat time in this monster. oh the "wood" COP plate is only a templete i am having either a carbon or billet one made.

Last edited by USCGSAM; Aug 25, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol
Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

good stuff, sorry about the motor, but at least you had an excuse to build right?

i would be a little concerned about them not decking the block though, could cause sealing issues down the road...

and im guessing ur a Marine?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Nope i'm a Coastie, US Coast Guard. The Marine Corps and Army are my next favorite branches though. And yeah we asked the machine shop about it and they said it is good but not always necessary and my block looked fine so....
Old Sep 3, 2012, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USCGSAM
Nope i'm a Coastie, US Coast Guard. The Marine Corps and Army are my next favorite branches though. And yeah we asked the machine shop about it and they said it is good but not always necessary and my block looked fine so....
a coastie.. ok, never heard that..thumbs up nevertheless

well i hope it works out for you, personally i woulda had them do it anyways, ive been there having to replace headgaskets(aluminum block/head) once a month due to sealing issues.. i wouldnt wana dare on an evo
Old Sep 3, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts
Interesting turbo and exhaust manifold setup. I would like to see what this Evo puts down once it is tuned.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

yeah its a strange kinda 50/50 budget/quality build. i am thinking some where in the 600s on race gas and i would like high to mid 550 on pump. no corn fed for this motor being military and moving around i don't want to find myself in an area without E85
Old Sep 9, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

alright quick update: car runs, motor is good unfortunately my rear axle destroyed my rear wheel bearing and took the brake rotor with it. so we are working on replacing that now.

a friend of mine does sheet metal work and i have been talking about an under-tray for a while. so he dropped this off:

its 28 gauge stainless steel, really light and should do the job well.
rexspeed CF Dash pieces came in:

also got the JapanParts.com double din(TV coming soon)

unfortunately my buddy just installed his LSD among other parts so this is in the way

its a neat little sleeper
Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

wish i could see that last pic
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:10 PM

Nice to see a personal build on here. Lookin good

Love the 4G rage! Is it yours?

Quick Reply: Honey Badger build thread