Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Guzm4n's Wicked White X Progress

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guzm4n's Wicked White X Progress

I've been wanting to do more things to my Evo and since this is my first turbo car, I know I'm going to ask a lot of questions and didn't want to start new threads for every time I had a question. I have a 2011 Evo X MR which I brought back to Iowa from Florida. Here's a picture of if fresh out the dealer

Some of the first mods done to it was a Cobb turbo inlet, Blox intake, K&N UICP, and lowered on Eibach springs

Did some exterior things to the rear such as the duckbill spoiler, vortex generator, and badges

Switched the engine bay up one more time with an ETS intake, MAP UICP, and YR Advance engine cover

Later on I installed a Perrin catback with a Speed Circuit test pipe and an ETS intercooler

Then it was time for new wheels

Ended up going with some Enkei RS05RRs 18x10.5 with +15 offset

Getting ready to go to Ice Cream Cruise, also decided to mount my front plate because I was tired of getting pulled over for it

Heading back from Ice Cream Cruise

Also attended the last Factory MOD

Here are some more current pictures of it

Future Plans:
  • I have a set of Fortune Auto coilovers with Swift springs waiting to be installed once it gets a little warmer here.
  • Currently I'm using a Cobb stage 2 tune on a Cobb AP V3 which I'm thinking about ditching for a custom tune, also have a GM 3-port which will be installed once it gets custom tuned.
  • Next mods I want to do are ETS recirculated downpipe, MAP "short runner" exhaust manifold, and a MHI 18k turbo. Is there any supporting mods I would have to do to run the MHI turbo? I'll be happy to make somewhere around 400hp on 91 octane
  • I want to black out my headlights and install LEDs into the stock projectors to make a demon eye effect. I was thinking about making a hole big enough for an LED bulb to go into the projector, but idk if this would work, before I go mess up my lights has anyone done this before with the stock projector headlights?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Sick ride dude! Where did you get that duckbill spoiler? Rex speed?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:18 AM

Car looks sick and I would agree about the Cobb. Ditch that crap and get a custom tune
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:42 AM

Yes, get a custom map done.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by evostanman
Sick ride dude! Where did you get that duckbill spoiler? Rex speed?
Thank you! Yes it's the Rexpeed duckbill

If I want go with the MHI turbo would I need to upgrade my fuel pump and get bigger injectors or would the stock ones be good?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:40 AM

Finally have the Fortune Autos installed, just need to adjust the height up front which hopefully I'll be able to do today as well as get my SSP undertray installed because the oem one ripped off somehow
Old Mar 11, 2016, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Guzm4n
Finally have the Fortune Autos installed, just need to adjust the height up front which hopefully I'll be able to do today as well as get my SSP undertray installed because the oem one ripped off somehow
Nice build.....love the white and black rims.....ill be getting those rims as well once some cash is available.