Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

eclipse / evo8

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 04:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gio
is it really worth it ?
If it's worth it it all depends on your budget and If you got the sources and people to help make some of the custom parts u need to go awd. Then I'd say awd. But the Lsd makes a hell of a difference even for a fwd. All comes down to your budget
Old May 1, 2016, 04:56 PM
gio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rectzero
If it's worth it it all depends on your budget and If you got the sources and people to help make some of the custom parts u need to go awd. Then I'd say awd. But the Lsd makes a hell of a difference even for a fwd. All comes down to your budget
what custom parts are you talking about only custom part you need is a drive shaft
Old May 1, 2016, 05:34 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
even if you have a straight forward donor car for the awd conversion, there will still be custom work to the unibody simply to add in the mounting points for the hardware from the donor car. If its not that straight forward you might be fabricating a completely custom rear suspension and all kinds of other things to make it work.
Old May 2, 2016, 05:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rectzero
Nice job on the Polish job. As for traction issue if you really plan to keep the car you should look into gettin an Lsd one of the best mods I did to my 3rd Gen Eclipse. Helps 100% on traction issues even tho it's fwd
I don't need AWD unless i decide to go over 500hp (only by choice). For now I just want to see how i handle the power and get the car tuned after the build. All else I will decide later. And for a budget well ill never have to worry. I just need to take care priorities first then my toy.
Old May 2, 2016, 05:56 PM

Okay guys i'm looking for a evo 8 head the one i have was inspected and I was told not to trust like i thought i shouldn't. None the less if none have one to sale then ill buy a new one. Please not oringed.
Old May 2, 2016, 06:04 PM

you could expand your horizons and also try and get a Evo 9 head. Its a better head then the evo 8 head anyway and mivec is cool.
Old May 2, 2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
you could expand your horizons and also try and get a Evo 9 head. Its a better head then the evo 8 head anyway and mivec is cool.
thanks but im set on the head i want. i really appreciated.
Old May 3, 2016, 02:28 PM
gio

even if you have a straight forward donor car for the awd conversion, there will still be custom work to the unibody simply to add in the mounting points for the hardware from the donor car. If its not that straight forward you might be fabricating a completely custom rear suspension and all kinds of other things to make it work.
as far as my research shows if you have a 2G GSX AND A EVO 8 for parts only thing you need custom is a drive shaft and thats if you cant figure out the evo 8 and 2g combo
Old May 3, 2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by gio
as far as my research shows if you have a 2G GSX AND A EVO 8 for parts only thing you need custom is a drive shaft and thats if you cant figure out the evo 8 and 2g combo
not that ive really looked, but i haven't ever seen a 3g eclipse converted to AWD. Would you care share some links with the stuff your researching?
Old May 3, 2016, 04:24 PM
gio

not that ive really looked, but i haven't ever seen a 3g eclipse converted to AWD. Would you care share some links with the stuff your researching?
theres a couple of them on this site but you can check club3g.com
theres a bunch on there
Old May 3, 2016, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer about the amount of money spent vs buying an evo... hell I used to have a 3G... Good luck!
Old May 3, 2016, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer about the amount of money spent vs buying an evo... hell I used to have a 3G... Good luck!
Mann don't think I think your a debbie downer LMAO. No one can change my mind unless i feel in my heart I shouldn't do this. So know I heard you ,yet this is something I want to do to keep me at peace. Plus too many young people with 3g's say they will do it and f then they stop in the middle. Myself I live alone divorced and one of the grumby old man lMAO again. So your good and feel free to say whats need to be said. Ill either listen and take heed or listen and say okay .. but the choice is all mine. All I have is time lol.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:39 PM

Thanks, guys that i pm'ed about the Evo 8 heads ...I see they are hard to find, Although I got lucky today and found a Evo 8 head with everything included, but I can't tell what HKS cams are in the head so I have to wait till it gets here. A company rebuild the heads and the customer couldn't pay the money. So I took total advantage of a opportunity that presented itself. I say a early B-Day gift by a month lol. I will post pics when I receive it. The other head I will practice polishing it. I'll leave porting to the professionals. lol
Old May 4, 2016, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice opportunity on the head there hopefully you don't have any issues this time
The following users liked this post:
ghosteye36 (May 4, 2016)
Old May 4, 2016, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That steering wheel tho. Lol looks like it's hard to turn.

Quick Reply: eclipse / evo8