Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

The White Evo Build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New shoes!!
Got the Enkei RPF1's wrapped in Nitto NT05 on Friday and put on. Looks 100x better in my opinion.
The wheels are 17x8.5 +30 so not the most aggressive offset but I picked that as it came in black and I didn't need any spacers. Tires are 255/40/17
I may run spacers on the track
The White Evo Build-photo549.jpg
The White Evo Build-photo318.jpg
The White Evo Build-photo718.jpg
Old Apr 10, 2017, 01:45 PM

No massive updates so far apart from it getting a new Viper Python alarm system installed with 4 auto doorlocks for extra safety!
Had it professionally installed as I wanted him to go through and pull out any old wiring, and check things out generally electrically. Glad I did cause he found this lovely bird nest under the dash waiting to just cause trouble!

What was pulled out. Mostly old gauge wiring, stereo and other random relays and a switch

I located a small hole and crack in the exhaust manifold on the weekend while servicing the T Case. Sourced a used one locally for $40 which I will pick up and install. Plan to get an aftermarket one later but didnt want to drop $1000 on a manifold right now as I'd prefer to put that towards some Ohlins.

Will be pulling the rear diff out and putting in some new Energy Suspension bushings tonight too. While I'm there I plan to restack the diff plates. Will update on this.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 02:23 PM

So I got the rear diff pulled out the other night, inspected it and rearranged the plates while I was there. Everything looked good inside and was pretty straight forward.

I also replaced the bushings on the diff mount and mustache bar while I had it all down.

Only problem was when I ordered it and it got here, one of the bushing sleeves was incorrect. As seen here.

Not to worry, I machined up a new sleeve from some steel and put it in. Didnt have time to send it for gold zinc but I will see how it stands the test of time.

All freshly painted ready to go back in .

Here is what I call the diffbong assisting with the fluid intake while I sat back and had a beer

Replacing the manifold tonight and taking it to a local track tomorrow night to see how I go!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:02 PM

First track day was a success!! Having not driven aggressively on the track in more than 3 years, it was great to get back out there.
As many of you can imagine, I'm hooked already.
I took it to a small time track here in SoCal, Adams Motorsport Track for those familiar. Not the largest but still enough to have some fun. Can't wait to get it on a larger track to really stretch its legs.
Needs love in the suspension department to stiffen things up, but the rear diff plate arrangement allowed it to kick its tail out a little on the corner exits.

I think the next adjustments are the motor mounts and freshen up the other bushings to give them some new life. Any suggestions on brands? I went with energy suspension in the rear, but don't think they make motor mounts?

The White Evo Build-photo762.jpg
The White Evo Build-photo945.jpg
Old Apr 15, 2017, 01:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts
Nice! Its the most addictive drug I've ever tried haha. Once you get the car on a circuit, you realize all you've been missing in the evo platforms strength. Capable of much more than going straight!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Nice! Its the most addictive drug I've ever tried haha. Once you get the car on a circuit, you realize all you've been missing in the evo platforms strength. Capable of much more than going straight!
Haha it most certainly is! About the same price of any other drug though lol.
All too keen to get it on a larger circuit soon.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 07:51 PM

Seeing posts like this tears me up haha, do I get a red one, a grey one, a black one, or a white one. They come in great colors.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by trueheads
Seeing posts like this tears me up haha, do I get a red one, a grey one, a black one, or a white one. They come in great colors.
I was deadset on getting a white one from the start, but was willing to get a black one if a nice one came up. I got close to buying two different black ones, but when I found this one I just had to ****** it up!
I agree, they look great in many colors!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 01:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DecBro
I was deadset on getting a white one from the start, but was willing to get a black one if a nice one came up. I got close to buying two different black ones, but when I found this one I just had to ****** it up!
I agree, they look great in many colors!
White and Red are best
Old Apr 25, 2017, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job, does evo9 bumper fit without changing other parts?