Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

I Can Haz Track Car???

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 10:33 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
No more leaking turbo lines for this guy

Old May 31, 2018, 03:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Niiice!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 07:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Forgot to post up stuff about the splitter but this past week I made some pretty good progress on it. A couple weeks ago I fit it up to the car to make sure I got the holes in the right spot and riveted the air dam to it (unfortunately no pics of this as I lost my phone and everything on it shortly after). This past week I finished making all the brackets for it and trimmed the sides in preparation for some endplates. I originally was going to use cables in the front but wasn't a fan of how how much they were pulling up the edge of the lip and getting them to hold the splitter at the right height with proper tension on both cables so I chucked em and got some rods. The end result is it being mounted at 8 points on the car and it is able to hold my weight but still flexes a fair amount.

Starting on the passenger side it's got one bracket that attaches to the oil cooler bracket:

One bracket sandwiched underneath the intercooler mount:

The two threaded rod adjusters on the front are secured to the crash bar:

Another bracket sandwiched underneath the other side intercooler mount:

A bracket on the far driver's side that goes up to the side of the frame rail:

And two brackets at the back that attach it to the subframe and north/south brace, going to be 3 brackets once I fix some threads in the subframe:

Still has a bit of bowing where the rods are at the front but it's not as bad as the cables so the plan is to make a brace on the underside that runs between the rods which should help minimize the bowing:

Oh and I washed the car for once

Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Long time, no update. Things have been dragging lately. Barely drive the evo anymore, took it to a street car brawl event about a week ago for kicks and giggles and might get dragged out to one of the local strips later this week but that's about it as I've really just been looking for work for the past month.

V8.MR graciously offered me his old set of Comp 272 cams about a month ago so I'm hopefully soon going to pick up a set of MAP beehives and some cam gears to pair with them and maybe finally get the car retuned on a speed density tune before the season is over.

I stumbled across this deal on amazon but it seems a bit too good to be true:
https://www.amazon.com/Blox-Racing-BXPT-10105-Adjustable-Mitsubishi/dp/B007ZDR2P6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532366206&sr=8-4&keywords=blox+cam+gear https://www.amazon.com/Blox-Racing-BXPT-10105-Adjustable-Mitsubishi/dp/B007ZDR2P6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532366206&sr=8-4&keywords=blox+cam+gear

I've got credit for a couple track days but I'm waiting to receive a set of the prototype trailing arms from Dallas so I can thrash those a bit to test them. For those not following the thread I started about them Dallas just started the prototypes last week and they're looking awesome!

Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Those arms are looking great! I'd be interested in a set if I didn't pick up a set of R/TErnie ones at the end of last season...

Not sure if you're interested but I've got a set of Vishnu cam gears that I bought off here then last second changed my mind and opted for a new set of AEM ones. PM me if interested
The following users liked this post:
Ayoustin (Jul 23, 2018)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 09:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by heel2toe
Those arms are looking great! I'd be interested in a set if I didn't pick up a set of R/TErnie ones at the end of last season...

Not sure if you're interested but I've got a set of Vishnu cam gears that I bought off here then last second changed my mind and opted for a new set of AEM ones. PM me if interested
Thanks for the kind words! I'm really excited to test them out, really been slacking on the rest of the rear suspension stuff though.

Pm'ed.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 07:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Things have been super slow and I'm itching to get back out on track. Should be able to get back out there in two or three weeks so looking forward to that now that I've got work and a tow vehicle

Old Aug 19, 2018, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
Evo looks like it does work
Old Aug 19, 2018, 09:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
Things have been super slow and I'm itching to get back out on track. Should be able to get back out there in two or three weeks so looking forward to that now that I've got work and a tow vehicle

Congrats on the truck man. I love my Raptor.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Congrats on the truck man. I love my Raptor.
Thanks! I knew there was one of y'all here that had one just couldn't remember who it was. I've got some small stuff I want to do to the truck so hopefully it won't put too big of a dent in the evo fund.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I did a 3.5" exhaust, JLT intake with 110mm MAF, and an 87 octane tune. Woke it up pretty good. Didn't help or hurt fuel mileage. I blew up the power steering within 3 times going off roading, so I put the Lee power steering pump and reservoir kit on it. And the ubiquitous method wheels to make it look a little better lol.

Pulling the shocks off of it today for rebuild/revalue. And raise the front ride height a bit. Put the preload clip in the middle groove.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I did a 3.5" exhaust, JLT intake with 110mm MAF, and an 87 octane tune. Woke it up pretty good. Didn't help or hurt fuel mileage. I blew up the power steering within 3 times going off roading, so I put the Lee power steering pump and reservoir kit on it. And the ubiquitous method wheels to make it look a little better lol.

Pulling the shocks off of it today for rebuild/revalue. And raise the front ride height a bit. Put the preload clip in the middle groove.
I'm putting a cutout after the resonator for rice factor, gonna run it off one of the upfitter switches. I didn't realize there were 87 tunes, I was hesitant to do any engine work since I don't want to have to run 93. What are you running for a tuner?

I've read about power steering pumps being a pretty common weakness. Hoping I don't wipe out too many but time will tell.

I plan to rebuild the shocks as well pretty soon, 95k miles and probably never done since this thing has probably never stepped off pavement in its life, probably move to mid perch as well when I get that done. Eventually I'm going to get some Deavers and hydraulic bumps for the rear and some Geiser bros springs for the front, lots of guys seem to like them.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Had a trackday today at Autobahn. Pretty much went as bad as it possibly could. Left almost an hour late because I couldn't find the bolts for my wing. Had a blowout on the trailer 10 mins away from the track. Ripped the front bumper off the car getting it off the trailer. Long story short I didn't get on track til almost 2pm. Only got 5 laps for the last two sessions as the car is overheating again, coolant gauge going past H but oil was still below 240F.

So I'm thinking it's one or multiple of these things:
- cooling system is insufficient (still stock everything), which I think is unlikely
- water pump is bad
- headgasket is blown again

The only consolation I have is that I still was able to drive the car up on the trailer at the end of the day...

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Whoa what happened to the Evo on the right?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 09:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by codgi
Whoa what happened to the Evo on the right?
He went off. Slammed right into a corner station. It was a mint 1 owner 20k mile car too.

Quick Reply: I Can Haz Track Car???