Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Time Attack Prepped Evo IX For Sale/Trade in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Time Attack Prepped Evo IX For Sale/Trade in San Diego

Update2: Price lowered to $38k!
Update: Willing to take trades for stock or near stock Evo's plus cash. Other fairly new stock cars will also be considered. Throw me your offers!

*BONUS* Includes custom fitted car cover (always used when in garage), all the removed stock parts that I still have, laptop with data logs and pre-installed tuning programs.

Up for sale is my 2006 Evo IX with 16,100 miles on the odometer. I'm looking to sell the Evo the way it currently sits. Believe it or not, this car was never driven on the track nor raced. I never even had the car properly dyno'ed. With the mods it has, according to the G-sensor in my PLX wideband, it was making 380awhp and 342awtq on 91 octane.

It has prepped for Time Attack use, but never got a chance to see the track due to spending all the money to just prep it. It was modified with a Black/Red theme in mind and carbon fiber was used purely as accented pieces. This car would make Ralliart proud to consider it as their unofficial offering. Selling, because I have other priorities in life right now and don't need two cars. Especially not one that is always sitting in the garage and only driven weekly to get the oil churning. I need to also sell this to ensure a down payment on my first house.

And yes, I have a fairly lengthy list of mods as I keep very up to date records and maintain all the manual and receipts in a folder and electronically. you will have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the asking price. Sorry guys, it was the only way to make you understand how much time and money truly went into this car.

!!CAR WILL NOT BE PARTED OUT RIGHT NOW!!

The car has never had a chance to go on a track due to lack of time and motivation. I much prefer to work on it than race. I'm a Mechanical Engineer by training so that explains that Below are tons of images to show the potential buyer just how unique this car is compared to any other offering.

Engine

ARC 1.5 Bar Radiator Cap (higher pressure to ensure water wetter and distilled water mixture stays as liquid)
ARC Gold Oil Cap (matches gradient cover)
ARC Gradient Spark Plug Cover (Limited Edition. no longer sold)
ARC Titanium Manifold Cover (Mirror Finish) from DSport Evo! (http://www.dragsport.com/)
Battery Relocation to Trunk w/ Cut-Off Switch (switch located in center console)
Buschur Racing Intake Filter
Coolingmist Stage2x Alky Kit with Vari-Cool (custom mounted at stock battery location)
DynoFlash ECU Flash + Custom Road Tune
65mm Throttle Body + Mil.Spec Ported + Thermalcoated Black
Ebay O2 Housing + Mil.Spec Ported + Thermalcoated Black
GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor (hooks up to PLX and Coolingmist)
HKS Circle Earth Grounding System (keeps a common ground for better car response)
HKS DLI2 Ignition Amplifier (provides consistent spark power)
Horse Power Freaks Lower IC Piping
Injen Upper IC Piping (quick release water injection connection. soon to be CARB exempt)
Injen Hard MAF Pipe
Mills Eliminator O2 Sim (located under passenger seat. red LED shows status)
Optima Red Top Battery (more consistent cranking power than OEM)
Ralliart Cool Thermostat (lets coolant flow at lower temps)
Ralliart Red Aluminum Radiator Cooling Shroud (directs air over radiator to better cool)
Ralliart Reservoir Covers (soaks up overspill)
RnR Racing HKS Titanium Carbon Fiber TBE + Polished (full three inch piping)
Megan Racing Resonated Test Pipe (cuts down on sound)
Custom Coolant Temp Sender (allows connection for Blitz Coolant Gauge)
OEM ECU Mods (TephraMods V5 w/ Lighted Switch)
OEM Intercooler Painted Stealth Black
OEM Intake Manifold + Mil.Spec Ported + Thermalcoated Black
OEM Exhaust Manifold + EGT Bung + Mil.Spec Ported + Thermalcoated Black
OEM IX Turbo + Mil.Spec Ported + Thermalcoated Black (flow rate between 16G and 20G)
Megan Racing Downpipe + O2 Bung + Thermalcoated Black
Throttle Cable Relocation (easier access to top of motor)
Tomei EVO Oil Thermostat Eliminator (allows oil to flow at lower temps)
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

Transmission

ACT Xtreme Clutch w/ Street Disc (allows more torque capacity than HDSS)
Authority Short Shifter w/ Speed Source Knob & Shifter/Base Bushings (bushings reduce slop)
Clutch Restrictor Pill Removal (firmer clutch pedal pressure)
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (saves a few lbs off OEM)
LancerShop.com Stainless Steel Clutch Line (clutch feels more precise and won't expand with heat)
Redline Heavy & Lightweight Shockproof Gear Oil (reduces drive line shock)

Suspension

Agency Power Rear Sway Bar End Links (connect rear sway to suspension. adjustable)
Carbing Front Strut Bar (thickest bar in the market with built in master brake cylinder brace)
GT Spec Trunk Cage from Works Evo Shop Car! (http://worksevo.com/)
Ingalls "Stiffy" Torque Dampener (reduces engine movement without needing to replace actual mounts. black powerdercoated brackets)
JIC Magic FLT-A2 Coilovers (custom tuned spring rates for dual duty car. race alignment)
M1 Harness Bar (allows for Simpson harness hookup)
Redline tuning Hood QuickLIFT (easy open)
Redline tuning Trunk QuickLIFT (easy open)
Removed Stock Trunk Torsion Bars (to stop from trunk flipping up with wing removed)
Road Race Engineering 27mm Rear Sway Bar (3-way adjustable. counter-balances streetable springs to still allow neutral handling)
Simpson Formula Car 6-Way Harness
Tanabe Center Lower Arm Brace (stiffens up underbody chassis)
Tanabe Rear Lower Arm Brace (stiffens up underbody chassis)
Tanane Front Lower Arm Brace (stiffens up underbody chassis)

Brakes

ATE Super Blue Brake/Clutch Fluid (higher boiling point)
Brake Ducting (300F silicon hosing. two inches to calipers)
LancerShop.com Stainless Steel Brake Lines (allows firm brake pressure)

Interior

Blitz BLM Oil Pressure/Temp & Water Temp Gauges (monitor additional parameters)
Carbon Fiber Dash Console w/ 3x 52mm Gauge Holes (Blitz gauges mounted inside)
Clutch Safety Switch Bypass (start car without pushing in clutch. necessary for remote start)
HKS EVC4 Boost Controller (good to 30psi. monitor boost and set up alarms and scramble boost. memorizes boost curve)
Laptop Stand (bolted to chassis behind dash. allows secure location to tune on ECUFlash)
PLX Devices R-500 Wideband O2 (consolidates a few gauges into a single unit)
PLX Devices Two Axis G Sensor (measure accelerational forces just like the GT-R)
Ralliart Floor Mats (black to better match interior. has Ralliart logo stitched in)
Sony SRX77 Laptop (necessary to tune with)
Tactrix OpenPort ECUFlash Cable (open source is great)
Tein Dampachi Doll (makes good use of the rear seat center seat belt)
Trustz Instrument Cluster Overlays (updates the amber look with something similar to the STi)
Tyrant Carbon Fiber EVO Armrest Cover
VectorMax 400w AC/DC Power Inverter (to power the laptop and usb hub)

Exterior

APR Carbon Fiber Splitter (updated with thicker braces that connect to the chassis)
APR WideBody Carbon Fiber Canards (can't be purchased separate from their kit. hard to get a hold of)
Banzai Express Low-Beam 9006 6k HID's (gives the GSR the HID's it so greatly desires)
Black Vortex Generator (separates the air flow over the hood to increase downforce over spoiler)
BlueBatMobile Amber Side Marker Overlays (JDM MR look)
BlueBatMobile Vinyl Overlays (very unique front look. JDM MR rear taillights look)
C-West Aluminum II GT Wing + Black Thermalcoated (6-way adjustable tilt)
EGT Sensors (k-type for engine applications)
Formula1 Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors (with LED turn signals)
Fram Sure-Drain Oil Drain Plug (discontinued. allows for quick draining of oil by screwing in hose extension)
Front Bumper / Lip Body Latches with Locks (front bumper removal in less a minute)
JDM Evo IX Rear Bumper
LancerShop.com Red Vinyl Badge Overlays
Mivec Rear Windshield Banner
OEM JDM Rear Crash Beam Mod (allows a crash beam to be run with JDM bumper)
Perrin Performance Shorty Antenna
Pilot PL-720B Fog Lights (one of a kind. custom mounted in front bumper holes)
Ralliarmor Mud Flaps
Ralliart Aluminum Trunk Badge
Ralliart Front Windshield Banner
Relocated Trunk Badge (painted flat black and moved to passenger side dash)
RMR Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop (discontinued. allows more air to cone filter. heat more easily leaves engine bay.)
Tarmac Black Touch-Up Paint
TCSportline Carbon Fiber Headlight Eyebrows (one of a kind. adds to the unique front bumper look)
Tyrant Carbon Fiber J Panels (pieces in front of side view mirrors)
Varis Carbon Fiber B-Pillar Applique (applied on door trim)
Varis Super Taikyu Side Skirts w/ CF Under Diffusers
Voltex Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Window Visors (can keep windows cracked open at speed or with rainy weather)

Wheels and Tires

8mm Front Wheel Spacers
Black Splinedrive Lugs w/ Key
Duct Taped Wheel Weights
Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires (255/40/18)
Mitsubishi Wheel Cap Decals
Removed Front Wheel Fender Wells
Rota P45R (18x9.5) Time Attack Wheels

Security

Universal Transponder Bypass (necessary for remote start)
X-Shield XS-900S Alarm w/ Turbo Timer & Remote Start

According to KBB, the car is valued at $28,330. The mods cost another $25K without labor. Total investment is $60K+. Asking $45,000 for this very best of the best last of the 4G63's.

Last edited by silex; Jul 20, 2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

This car is sick as ish! Where did you get the center caps for those? I just bought the same wheels and want caps similar to that.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for comment! The caps themselves came with the wheels, but the overlays I found a local guy who custom made it for me. Definitely really sets off the OEM look.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Great job on the car. Good luck w/ the sale
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silex
Thanks for comment! The caps themselves came with the wheels, but the overlays I found a local guy who custom made it for me. Definitely really sets off the OEM look.
Is there any way I could get those caps off you? I dont know if you still have yours, I could give you mine with cash, or just cash if you do.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vaboostn33
Is there any way I could get those caps off you? I dont know if you still have yours, I could give you mine with cash, or just cash if you do.
Sorry, no can do. I want to keep this car intact for the new owner. I feel any changes done to it would change my overall goal for the car. In other words, it would give out the vibe that I am trying to make more money off the car by selling parts on the side while looking for someone to buy or trade for it. I'm not here to make money, but to just pass on the car that represents all the time and money I put into it the past 3 years. The time I can't get back and I don't regret one moment of it. Hopefully though, I can get back a majority of the funds invested so I re-invest them elsewhere. It was a great learning experience, but it's just time to move on.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Dam, I didnt know the Mitsu sign had the same value as a turbo kit........
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

It doesn't of course. That makes no sense. I'm not selling it for other reasons. Some people still appreciate integrity in this day and age.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, great build. I can't imagine parting with a vehicle after all of the time and effort that must have gone into each step of the build. The selection of the parts says as much about the owner as anything that could be written.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone is going to get very lucky with this.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks buddy for the kind words! I really appreciate it. I did put a lot of time and money into this. It was my first car that I wanted to mod so I wanted do it justice. I can't lie and say that I don't feel like I went overboard (I know I did), but I couldn't help it. The car just resonated with me.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Wow Sick Ride Man
Old Jul 15, 2008, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
you answered my question, gas pipes will work for my laptop support. Thank you

bump for a hot car
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Stock internals, stock head, stock tranny, stock T-Case, Stock TURBO, Stock ECU, and no dynosheet. Also this thing must be ridiculously heavy to be called a "Time Attack" prepped Evo. It looks like most of your "29k invested" was in exterior and engine dress up mods.

And you want 45 grand? My man, look at the market and adjust your price accordingly.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
you answered my question, gas pipes will work for my laptop support. Thank you

bump for a hot car
Very industrial and raw looking. Caters the Evo well! Also very strong and will not budge a millimeter when tugged and pulled on.

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Stock internals, stock head, stock tranny, stock T-Case, Stock TURBO, Stock ECU, and no dynosheet. Also this thing must be ridiculously heavy to be called a "Time Attack" prepped Evo. It looks like most of your "29k invested" was in exterior and engine dress up mods.

And you want 45 grand? My man, look at the market and adjust your price accordingly.
Valid points so let's break it down keeping in mind this car was built for dual duty (street/track):

Stock internals --> If it ain't broke then why fix it? Stock is good for 30+ psi. I'm tuned for 1.5bar currently and EBC and all components good until 2bar (30psi). Plus stock cams allow closed loop to be leaned out to 16AFR to gain ~60mi more per tank. Helps alleviate those high gas price woes!
Stock head --> You want something ported and polished? Touching anything on a motor so new as this on a street car is madness. All for that extra air flow. I have fully ported, polished, and thermal coated TBE (plus intake mani and actual turbo) for that purpose. Those are easier to get to and replaceable if needed.
Stock tranny --> Redline transmission fluid should be all you need for smooth shifts even as the temp goes up in a street car. Why rebuild a tranny that's not a dedicated track car? Also h ave replaced all rubber bushings and went to a short shifter to better connect the feel of the shifter and tranny.
Stock T-Case --> Redline shockproof differential fluid to aide those hard launches. Again, Why rebuild a perfectly good part that's not a dedicated track car.
Stock TURBO --> Some people like the feel of the stocker which is why they upgrade to a FP Green at most. Mine has the exhaust housing ported so with the ported TBE which allows it to make the power it's making. The entire hotside housing is also thermal coated. Coupled with the alky injection, it's a killer combo. Many have hit 400+awhp on the stock turbo. I'm not the kind to just buy a kit and be done with it. There's no fun in that. It's about maxing out the efficiency on what you have already paid for.
Stock ECU --> Again, if it ain't broke don't fix it (my recurring theme). ECUFlash is working out great for me. Started with a base DynoFlash and now all power components have been taken into account. See that little red switch where the side mirror adjustment used to be? That is for the V5 Tephramod. You flip that switch and it lights up telling you that you're on the alternative maps. I am including my laptop and Tactrix cable with the sale/trade so the buyer has access to all my logs, notes, programs, etc. Basically, you can just pick up where I left off. I hate to see all this wonderful open source functionality go away if I wasn't running the stock ECU.
No dynosheet --> The power was done unofficially on the PLX wideband unit. Wish there was a way I good save it, but it's used more to measure instantaneous power to the driver can equate gear selection to throttle position. This car has never been raced, never been dynoed, never been beat on.
Heavy --> So you want a bare metal interior with roll cage? This is still a street car. Harness bar was only needed for the harness. It's tucked out of the way since seat belts should be used on the street. Relocated trunk battery to help even out the weight distribution and stripped trunk to cut down the weight. Removed speakers and radio in favor of hearing the wonderful engine. You can still get your groove on with the laptop. This car is an RS with power windows and ABS. Everybody wants an RS like that. Calling my car heavy is like calling an RS heavy.
Exterior and engine dress up mods --> A good amount was spend on the exterior, but only on functional parts. APR diffuser, Varis side skirts, Voltex rear diffuser, and C-West wing all cut down on drag while aiding in aerodynamics. I have done every necessary power mod to make the stock turbo sing. The stock IC works great for road racing so that was not changed and I already gave my argument on not changing out stock the stock cams above. That's it, everything else has been done.

If anything, my lack of rebuilding practically new parts shows how little the car has been beat on.Things would break otherwise and then I'd have to rebuild it. I'm just not the kind of person who spends money rebuilding something before it breaks. Just doesn't make financial sense to me. This car is definitely prepped and ready to dominate either the street or track. I considered it my blank canvas when I started and I try my best to do everything as tasteful as possible. I've gotten many compliments and I appreciate them. Makes me feel all the hard work and money over the past 3 years was worth it. I hope the new owner enjoys this car even more than I have, because well... they will actually be driving it

This car really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Last edited by silex; Jul 15, 2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled

bump for the most overpriced evo on the market

Quick Reply: Time Attack Prepped Evo IX For Sale/Trade in San Diego