Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Site becoming a library rather than a community

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I got a post removed just today because some guy put up a thread about how he thought his hood may fly open. I joked that he should try to pry it open, and if that didn't work try driving around with it up just in case to see if he could do it to be safe and it got sniped. Not sure whats going on in the background with that, but kinda seems to me like maybe thats a touch aggressive on the moderation side of things. on topic jokes happen quite often here. Kinda sad that for whatever reason even it was removed. Please reconsider sniping posts like that. I like being a part of this community and seeing posts get removed for no good reason kinda makes you feel a bit like you don't belong here. Not too big a deal, but c'mon - its still a community. Plus, It didn't break any rules that I've found. If so, please let me know which one it did so that I can better understand the guidelines.
I was wondering where that thread went. I too would like to know the reason for that thread being removed..
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by MasterShake
I was wondering where that thread went. I too would like to know the reason for that thread being removed..

Umm....that thread wasn't removed at all. It's in the 'X' forum where it's been all along.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

I thought he was referring to his specific post, and I have noticed this problem as well. I have mentioned it already here though, I am just clarifying what I think is your misunderstanding of his post, JD.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
regarding my earlier post: this issue has been addressed with the mod who deleted it and a very reasonable explanation was offered. Thanks guys.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by SASD209
Umm....that thread wasn't removed at all. It's in the 'X' forum where it's been all along.
Didnt notice that, sorry for the cnonfusion
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I got a post removed just today because some guy put up a thread about how he thought his hood may fly open. I joked that he should try to pry it open, and if that didn't work try driving around with it up just in case to see if he could do it to be safe and it got sniped. Not sure whats going on in the background with that, but kinda seems to me like maybe thats a touch aggressive on the moderation side of things. on topic jokes happen quite often here. Kinda sad that for whatever reason even it was removed. Please reconsider sniping posts like that. I like being a part of this community and seeing posts get removed for no good reason kinda makes you feel a bit like you don't belong here. Not too big a deal, but c'mon - its still a community. Plus, It didn't break any rules that I've found. If so, please let me know which one it did so that I can better understand the guidelines.
I know you said you already discussed it with that moderator, but just as a counterpoint...

I will often remove posts where people joke that the OP should try something. Simple reason - not everyone knows you're kidding. I've seen many a 16-year-old asking a follow-up question about a joke post.

Without being too negative, we do have to do some weeding for the "greater good." I consider it a sidejob to protect the clueless.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I know you said you already discussed it with that moderator, but just as a counterpoint...

I will often remove posts where people joke that the OP should try something. Simple reason - not everyone knows you're kidding. I've seen many a 16-year-old asking a follow-up question about a joke post.

Without being too negative, we do have to do some weeding for the "greater good." I consider it a sidejob to protect the clueless.
Essentially the same thing that was explained to me, and totally understood.