Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

My $.02

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My $.02

I was thinking while I was reading a thread about putting an 04 Sub in an 03, And I got to a post where this guys was like BRAH BRAH BRAH BRAH Performance Mods BRAH BRAB BRAH BRAH... and my concern is simple.

We all know there are Die Hard Permance Mod Kids, Die HArd ICE Mod Kids, and people who like myself do both, we want a fast ride, that looks and sounds good to. And our Cars will probably never see a track because we enjoy driving around and showing our cars off. Not that that doesnt happen at a track. SO heres where this post is going, In the subaruwrxsti.com forum they have a show and shine section as well as a STi ICE section. I feel like show and shine on EVoM is to general of a heading and posters like A-SPEC are flamed unessesarily when they are putting thier posts in the proper sections.

So Mods I emplore you look into an ICE Section and reserve show and shine for body kits, engine mods and the like, The ICE section will be for just that In Car Electronics.

Dan
Old May 19, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made the same request for a detail section; almost every other forum has it's own separate wash and wax section. Then again I also asked for mod powers . How's the evo doinh nemesis?
Old May 19, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

good im getting the glass manana And the to the tint shop this weekend
Old May 19, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What percent are you going? I would suggest 15% all around....and get a note from your eye doctor to make it legal .
Old May 19, 2004, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

I had 15 percent so yes it wouuld have to be to match I may need to drive St. Louis though to get it done. I had them originally done in FL and the brand of tint I got is sold in closest St. Louis
But who knows
Tell me about this eyedoctor loophole you found cause Ive been looking for one of those since I found out about te tint law here
Old May 19, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Don't know why it's in Evo S&S, moving to Feedback.
Old May 19, 2004, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

yes we have a blanket group called Show and Shine I was talking about separate Forums for In Car Electronics by model, and so people are constantly flamed for wanting to spend THEIR money on cosmetic mods
Old May 19, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nemesis
yes we have a blanket group called Show and Shine I was talking about separate Forums for In Car Electronics by model, and so people are constantly flamed for wanting to spend THEIR money on cosmetic mods
I supposed you mean to PREVENT people from being flamed? I can understand that. I do both for my ride personally. Simple don't post SHOW questions/mods in a tech section. Thats what show and shine are for. I don't honestly think there is a huge need for a ICE section. Majority of the board population is here for the tech aspect of the site. Granted, there are many members that are more SHOW geared. Thus, the creation of A/S & S/S forums.
Old May 19, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Wile that may be true people stil enter the Show and Shine section and Go NO SHOW Brah Brah Brah Brah Brah Brah Brah ALLLLLL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I feel that a serate section for that may elviate some of the unnessesary flaming. With the current set up Show and Shine as I said before Is too General, people post engine and perforamce mods and Cosmetic mods there is overlap in the threads and people fell that becvause they are there they need to reply. I try not to reply negatively to anyones postings( See my sig.) I jst roll my eyes and huh. not my taste.

I nothing changes i wil still come here everyday, several times a day. I just feel like there would be a lot less internet nut grabbing, if this section of car lifestyle was less integrated on this forum as it is in real life
Old May 20, 2004, 06:26 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I think the concept behind show n shine was to display your new body kits, stereos, etc. I think the Evo being as performance oriented as it is created a more performance Show n Shine theme based on the nature of the people that purchased it.

Mark
Old May 20, 2004, 06:46 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
If there's flaming going on in S&S, report the posts. The problem, as I see it, is with a few individuals and not with the structure of the forum.

IMO of course...
Old May 20, 2004, 06:50 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

True, people can say they don't like something, especially if you post up to get opinions in a forum like Show n Shine, but they shouldn't be insulting or flaming you.

Mark