Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

NTEC...opinions needed.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTEC...opinions needed.

The year, make, and model of vehicle you own (doesn't have to be an Evo!)
This part right here (from the NTEC website) was in some good discussion last night. Alot of people want to keep it as Evos only. What does everyone else think? (No drama)

Owning an Evo is an honor and something I waited a long time for. I waited 10 long years of seeing this amazing car go from an Evo IV to what it is today. It is a privilege to say the least to own one and I care to only share this feeling with fellow Evo owners. Mainly because they understand.

I agree that we should not separate ourselves from other vehicle groups and classes etc....which is why we gather at the Ricekillers meet. We also go to meets and events with other groups, such as The Subaru of Plano event back in August and the DI MSR day.

We really have no place that is just for us, as "Evo" owners. With the exception of the few that have joined already that do not actually own or have never owned an Evo, I think that we should limit memberships to people who have either 1. owned an Evo in the past or 2. currently own an Evo. I just think that it should be exclusive this way and only open to those people.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree.. i have nothing against any other car owners.. but as a part of NORTH TEXAS EVO CLUB i feel like we should have EVOS show up. if were having an NTEC photoshoot or something and theres a subi sitting in the middle, people often say WTF IS THAT SUBI DOING? corvettes have their own club, so do mustangs, etc.. evos should have a specific club...

make a new club for awd turbo cars i guess! then alot of different cars will show up
Old Nov 5, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

I guess that the question boils down to the unspoken word in the club's name. Are we an Evo Owner's club or an Evo Enthusiasts club?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

I vote for only EVOs! Or according to mrMTB, Evo Owner's Club

We are the North Texas EVO Club, not the North Texas Use To Have An EVO, Wish I had An EVO, Can't Afford An EVO, I'm Eventually Going To Get An EVO, I Love The EVO, etc............Club.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but our cars are rare. Living in Arlington for the past 4 years, I can still say that I have not seen an EVO from any year. Even driving to work, going to college at UTA, I just never see/saw them. Not even here in Houston. Maybe I'm just miss seeing them, maybe I'm not looking very hard, but whatever. We should reward ourselves with having an EVO only club. My .02 cents.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:02 AM

Not sure my viewpoint really counts anymore , but I think y'all should keep it Evo's only. It's the North Texas EVOLUTION Club, not Generic North Texas Car Club. Most of the people who join do so for love of their car and learning about their car ... and primarily to meet and talk to other Evo owners. Not trying to be elitist, but if most of the members were looking for a club with all kinds of cars, they would have found one. There are several general purpose car clubs/meets around Dallas, and there are also car clubs for more or less any car that an enthusiast drives, why not have one for Evo's? It's not as though people don't have their own groups of like-minded car people, although you will be hard pressed to find a better group of guys than this .

Just, pretty please with sugar on top (and occasionally a cherry too!), have some of the events open to us meager, little guests.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I own a Timex. Can I please join the North Texas Rolex Club?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

I agree it should be Evo Owners exclusively, however I was hanging out with Kevin before I had an evo, and it just fueled the fire to want one more. I knew I was getting one, I just wanted to wait till after school..... so Im ok with that, but I was not an "official" member....

Also, I think people like Mike evoMOJO shouldn't be excluded from the club because he had to sell his evo for personal reasons beyond his control. These cars have a very special place in people's hearts and lives, and it hurts to lose them, and even worse to become an "outsider" because you dont have one any more..... As for never owning one.... its ok to come hang out talk and whatnot, but maybe not become an "official"
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
I own a Timex. Can I please join the North Texas Rolex Club?

If it was a TAG maybe
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

yup evos only...other cars are always welcome to show up at th events anyway.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:50 AM

I agree with you Shimanchu I'm from the Phillippines and back then I even want the Evo I, then it comes the II, III, IV,V,VI,VII, & VIII. So Owning a IX made me really happy "Finally" after so many years I have 1, Seeing it Jacky Chan's movie , playing it in grand turismo, and watching it online making me really happy I have one now.

So like what everybody said the name speak from themselve North Texas "EVO" club. so I think we should limit it just for Evo
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

The origination of that statement on the website is because Andrew had a turbo- charged lancer and we wanted to include him in the group. I agree to an extent that we want to keep it Evo specific, but we have guys like Brett (EvoBZ) that are a valuable asset to the community and do not want to see folks like that feel as if they are not welcomed. My feelings are that this club is about the car, but it also has an element that we cannot ignore for former/potential owners.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Funny, but many of the people with the opinion that it should be Evo specific, are either new to the club or RARELY show up for events..
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

NT"imayinthefuturepurschasean"EC?
NTE"enthusiasts"C?

When you pursche a Porsche, pre owned, or new, you get the option to join the PCA. If you later sell that Porsche, you can still retain your membership. There are tons of great people that will never own a Porsche, yet the PCA was created and structured around Porsche owners......

Me personally? I don't care who does what as long as they are good people and do not try to take advantage of my friends..

It does strike me as odd to have a club for any specific thing (car, shoe, watch, cell phone, whatever, candybar) and then allow just anyone in. Would Snickers like Baby Ruth all up in their club? I mean Baby Ruth tastes great! But come on! Its the Snickers Club!!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I think it should be Evo's only as Club Members and allow anyone that wants to join our get togethers do so. If that makes since.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm say keep it the way it has always been. I for one remember when Andrew didn't have an Evo. Everyone welcomed him in and appreciated what he had accomplished. What about Billy? He just has a Mirage with a really loud exhaust. Mike Cater is a really good friend of mine. I doubt Mike will come to any meets. I keep calling him but since he has a family now it is hard. However he did buy Dave Buschur's father in-law's G-vr4. Would he not be welcomed? They all own a Mitsu. And then there is Brett. YOU'RE OUT. Just kidding man. I love my MOPARS.