Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Top speed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top speed

The story goes like this.. I bouht an evo that had an AEM on it. Car wouldnt even idle, undriveable, slow, ect. The guy I bought the car from had paid 2 tuners to get the car in that condition. It was sick and i knew it was gonna take a guy with some tuning skills to get it running right. I chose to take it to topspeed as i had heard good things about them on this forum. I was skeptical however, not knowing if the tuner there had the skills needed get this car running smooth. I was dreading the thought that i may spend a bunch of money and the car still not run right.

So i get up about 5am and drive the 4 hours to their shop and arrive right on time for my 10am appointment. They chug the car into the shop and strap it on the dyno and a guy named Doug start typing on his laptop, and he types and types, he does this for like 40-45 mins and hasent even started the car yet. Finally he starts the car and just lets it run for like another 30 mins while hes typing and typing some more. To make a long story short he worked on that AEM for like 3 hours on the dyno, and when we finally took it for a drive the car ran, idled, accelerated, decelerated, perfectly. Better than a stock ecu ever ran. I was blown away, this guy knows his stuff. They worked on it about four hours total and charged me 400$ which i thought was very fair. Anyways, I just wanted to brag about them a little. I was impressed and wasnt expecting to be.

I have one complaint. Being as i skipped breakfast, and i was stuck at the shop as they tuned my car through lunchtime, you would think Dough would have offered me a bite of his sandwich he was eating in front of me.

So Doug your report card looks like this...

Tuner---A+
Sharing---F-
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Yep Doug's awesome!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words... sorry for not offering you some of my sandwich if I had know the wife was bringing me food I would have her brought you one too.. Hope you can get the Bov replaced and can get back on the dyno for some power pulls.

Doug

Last edited by TopSpeed; Nov 30, 2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soundfx007
I have one complaint. Being as i skipped breakfast, and i was stuck at the shop as they tuned my car through lunchtime, you would think Dough would have offered me a bite of his sandwich he was eating in front of me.

Tuner---A+
Sharing---F-
HAHAHAHA, You should have McDOnalds for breakfast, that is what i did on the occasions i make it too see them. Hands down DOug and Geovannie are Awesome guys. They have a top notch shop as well. Tospeed , ohh yeah read the sig .
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

wife from your mouth sounds so odd. guessi'mnotusetoitmyspacejustbroke
Old Dec 1, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Who do you think tuned my car?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Doug, the car ran a 7.04 at 102 in the 1/8th last night on pump gas. I say i got 20$ on the blue car vs the black car.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled

i got $20 on the winner.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I had lunch at Hooters with Doug today. I offered him the waitresses hahaha.

Tuner---A+
Sharing the Waitresses F- LMAO
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:25 PM
Account Disabled

girl who'll take care of you are hard to come by. Hooter girls are just around the corner everywhere.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sovikolp evo
girl who'll take care of you are hard to come by. Hooter girls are just around the corner everywhere.
HAHAHA,, Yea you are right, the waitress wanted us to buy a calendar to send out to the troops. One of the guys we were with bought one. I told her the soldiers would prefer the real thing and not a calendar .
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by soundfx007
The story goes like this.. I bouht an evo that had an AEM on it. Car wouldnt even idle, undriveable, slow, ect. The guy I bought the car from had paid 2 tuners to get the car in that condition. It was sick and i knew it was gonna take a guy with some tuning skills to get it running right. I chose to take it to topspeed as i had heard good things about them on this forum. I was skeptical however, not knowing if the tuner there had the skills needed get this car running smooth. I was dreading the thought that i may spend a bunch of money and the car still not run right.

So i get up about 5am and drive the 4 hours to their shop and arrive right on time for my 10am appointment. They chug the car into the shop and strap it on the dyno and a guy named Doug start typing on his laptop, and he types and types, he does this for like 40-45 mins and hasent even started the car yet. Finally he starts the car and just lets it run for like another 30 mins while hes typing and typing some more. To make a long story short he worked on that AEM for like 3 hours on the dyno, and when we finally took it for a drive the car ran, idled, accelerated, decelerated, perfectly. Better than a stock ecu ever ran. I was blown away, this guy knows his stuff. They worked on it about four hours total and charged me 400$ which i thought was very fair. Anyways, I just wanted to brag about them a little. I was impressed and wasnt expecting to be.

Tuner---A+
Sharing---F-
Hahahhaa, Doug never shares. Neither does Tray. Learn to bring your own lunches, that's the price you pay for good tuning! Glad your car turned out better.

But he's lucky! I'm the bad girlfriend that never brings Tray lunch, hahaha!!