Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Mod friendly Dealerships in SC/NC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2006, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mod friendly Dealerships in SC/NC?

What's going on guys? Well about 5 months ago i purchased my IX MR, and i love it. About a month and a half ago i install the Buschur/Warrtalon IX Stage 1 package and Al custom street tuned it for me, and the car was pulling real hard. Well, satuday my SES came on, i thought it was because of not having a cat on the car so i just reset, and when i got a chance i was going to try throwing another spark plug anti-fouler on there to see if that would help. Well, monday night the SES came back on and the car was misfiring and bucking bad. Tuesday i stopped at advanced and had a friend of mine scan the car for me and P0304, Cylinder 4 Misfire, came up. I tried a couple small things so far but no luck, heres the thread about it...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...3&page=1&pp=15

I live in Myrtle Beach and i'm trying to find a mod friendly dealership so i don't have to put the stock stuff back on. I am going to try and figure it out myself first but worst comes to worst i will take it to a dealership and hopefully have them fix it. My question for you guys in SC/NC is do you guys know of any mod friendly dealership, say within 2 hours of myrtle beach? My mods so far is Buschur TBE with test pipe, but i have the HFC too and could put that on if it would help, and MBC. I don't see how a TBE and MBC could make a cylinder 4 misfire, but i wouldn't doubt if a mitsu dealers tries to say they did. So if you guys could help me out and post any mod friendly dealerships about 2 hours or so away from myrtle beach, i would really appreciate it, thanks a lot.

*I know there is a Mitsu Dealership Blacklist thread on here, but it is so damn long, and from what i looked through on it, there seems to be some dealerships in SC/NC that i have heard of that are missing from the list.*
Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

11 views and no posts yet...come on guys...help a fellow evo tuner out...
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude I wish I could help, but from what I have heard there is one in either Myrtle Beach or Charleston. DO NOT come to columbia expecting a mod friendly dealer, they told me all I could do is add a cat-back exhaust. They said if you do anything else, then they cannot warranty it if is related to the problem.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Did you try checking with Buschur Racing or Al??? They might be able to give you a starting point.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

SteveosEvo - What's up man this is BJ, i met you at the Myrtle Beach DSM/Evo meet. Yeah i worked at the one in myrtle beach till the owner of my dealership sold mitsu to someone else. They have no idea what they are doing over at the new mitsu place, so i'm definitely not taking my car there. I've heard some good and bad things about the Charleston dealership so i'm not sure about them yet. If anybody else knows anything about the Charleston Mitsu dealer, please post. I haven't talked to Buschur Racing about it yet, but i did speak with Al and he gave me some advice on it. I have tried a couple things out so far, not sure what it is yet, i keep my thread that i put in my first post on here updated. So, if anybody wants to check that out too and give me some suggestions that would be awesome. Also some of you guys on here have to know some mod friendly dealerships in SC/NC, please post them...i'll give u a dollar...haha.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

P.S. 25 views and only 4 posts, half of which were from me, come on guys, help me out.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

we had 2 here near goldsboro, and both were not mod friendly, then they closed down. sorry
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
There is one in huntersville but, that doesn't meet the 2 hour criteria.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

PM me and ill give you the best dealership in the country as far as working on modded cars besides buschurs probably. It's in Easley, they work on my car, and by working on my car I mean installing my stroker kit .

Scorke
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

hotroad2448 - Do you by any chance know how far huntersville is from Myrtle Beach, you never know i might end up having to take it there, if i can't get this figured out.

scorke - i'll PM you in a little bit to get that info, also where are you from in NJ?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Huntersville is just north of Charlotte.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
PM me and ill give you the best dealership in the country as far as working on modded cars besides buschurs probably. It's in Easley, they work on my car, and by working on my car I mean installing my stroker kit .

Scorke
As in Easley SC? What color is your ride? I've might have seen it around here then... But wish I could help buddy... Best of luck to yah!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, as in easley SC, its apex silver, gramlight 57s's and the front mount are all you can see from the outside, hopefully should be getting it back today im hoping for 500whp er so on c16 when its all said and done.

Scorke
Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

If Easley wasn't a good 3 and a 1/2 hours or so from me i would definitely consider going there. But i may end up having to go there in the end, well see what happens.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody else has any suggestions for mod friendly dealerships in SC/NC?

Quick Reply: Mod friendly Dealerships in SC/NC?