Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Charlotte Area Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Any planning to attend the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event in May this year in New London, NC?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmurray
Any planning to attend the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event in May this year in New London, NC?
My Evo is down so I'm not sure if I'll be able to go.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any "local" Evo owners interested in a Voodoo Racing Engineering Tubular Rear Subframe (powder coated black) with poly bushings for the rear diff? It is brand new, never installed. Don't deal with the ridiculously long lead times from Voodoo. Just moved into a new house & need to free up some cash otherwise I wouldn't be selling it. I am willing to meet up within reasonable driving distance. $1700 picked up.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 02:38 PM

General question regarding emission.

Hello guys,
Just have a question regarding annual vehicle inspection. I'm moving to Charlotte in two weeks from NY. I don't have catalitic convertor on my car. I don't have check engine light as well. Is it critical to have cat on the car. My question is is it possible to pass emission without the cat convertor. In NY most places don't even lift your vehicle up to check if you have a cat as long as the monitor are ready ant there is no check engine light.
Thank you,
Old Apr 23, 2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by siony
Hello guys,
Just have a question regarding annual vehicle inspection. I'm moving to Charlotte in two weeks from NY. I don't have catalitic convertor on my car. I don't have check engine light as well. Is it critical to have cat on the car. My question is is it possible to pass emission without the cat convertor. In NY most places don't even lift your vehicle up to check if you have a cat as long as the monitor are ready ant there is no check engine light.
Thank you,
Happy for you on the big move. Regarding to the emission inspection, as long as your check engine light isn't on and you haven't turned off your O2 sensors you should be fine. My car is straight piped from the down pipe back. And I don't have any issues passing.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by turbolife909
Happy for you on the big move. Regarding to the emission inspection, as long as your check engine light isn't on and you haven't turned off your O2 sensors you should be fine. My car is straight piped from the down pipe back. And I don't have any issues passing.
Thank you,
You guys doing to hate me. I sold my evo last year and this question was actually regarding my 08 outback xt. I was just curious how the inspection Is being done in North Caroline. I guess they plug into data link connector during inspection just like they do here in NY.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by turbolife909
Thank you,
You guys doing to hate me. I sold my evo last year and this question was actually regarding my 08 outback xt. I was just curious how the inspection Is being done in North Caroline. I guess they plug into data link connector during inspection just like they do here in NY.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:33 AM

Any events happening around Charlotte with this beautiful weather we're having?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by nystc23
Any events happening around Charlotte with this beautiful weather we're having?
I know that it's race weekend. NASCAR I think ha
Old May 1, 2017, 09:25 AM

Are there any Evo-only meets? Tail of the Dragon road trips?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:17 AM

Good afternoon everyone. my name is Paul and I will be moving to the Lake Norman area in the next few months. my wife got a job there. I will be commuting back and forth until our house here in Pittsburgh sells. Once the House sells I will bring the Evo down. I would be interested in getting together with some other evo owners.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pujo12
Good afternoon everyone. my name is Paul and I will be moving to the Lake Norman area in the next few months. my wife got a job there. I will be commuting back and forth until our house here in Pittsburgh sells. Once the House sells I will bring the Evo down. I would be interested in getting together with some other evo owners.
Hey and hope everything goes well with the big move. I️ would definitely love to get together. Unfortunately my Evo is down for a few more months. Aiming to have it running and on the road by spring time.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:58 AM

Well I wont have my evo own there until i sell my house here in Pittsburgh. Dont want to leave it in the parking lot of an apartment complex while i'm 7 hours away for days at a time. But we can still meet up and throw some beers back and talk evo issues!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 01:08 PM

If anyone decides to do a family-friendly meet, let me know. I've gone to some of the breweries around Charlotte with my wife and son and it's been a good time -- family friendly just implies time of day (early afternoon, preferably on a weekend).
Old Nov 14, 2017, 01:16 PM

@Nystc23 Im in the Charlotte area as well and work at D9 Brewery in Cornelius. I have a EB EVO 9

Quick Reply: Charlotte Area Evo Owners