Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We are being called out in the Tampa Car Meets thread. Here's their post...

Originally Posted by SlowGTR
psssshhh GTR BOT checking in. sorry i have been neglecting you guys for a couple weeks, but I AM BACK!!! and U guys definitely are my favorite crew. well we have another meet coming up this saturday, so here goes:

hey guys! having another awesome meet this Saturday (july 2nd) at Peabody's (address is in Original Post)

here is some info from the facebook event page:

What's up everyone?!

It's been a while since we have had a meet back at our home location (Peabody's)! We had a great success at our last meet at Lutz performance and hope to have many more satellite meets at the other great shops around the Tampa area!

anyways...you know the deal! come out and show off your beautiful ride! tell your friends, family, and even random people to come out and have some fun. It doesn't matter if you have a nice car/bike, come check us out and meet some more people who have the same car obsession!

I will be back in town for this...yes, yes...I know you all missed me! (sarcasm)

soooooooo...clean your car (or be cool like me and ride dirty) and we will see you Saturday night at 8:30pm sharp!

If the Peabody's lot is too full because of customers, we will move it to the Lifestyle lot which is right next door (same plaza).

Peabody's always hooks it up with drink specials and some of the BEST wings in Tampa...they got pool, a bar, darts, and tv screens all over...so even if the whole car scene isnt your (meaning your gf/bfs) thing, they will still have a good time.

SEE YOU SATURDAY!!!!!!!

again, event is at 8:30 pm this saturday. make sure to invite all of your friends. if you have any questions/concerns, feel free to email me at ssq.tcm@gmail.com

lets get a HUGE EVO GROUP OUT THERE!!!!

LINK TO FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE (PLEASE RSVP IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK): http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220026558037810

i sincerely look forward to meeting all of you!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be at the next peabodys but not this one . Daughters birthday is this weekend
Old Jul 1, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Amazing gas station convo today.

So I'm filling up the wife's scion and a guy on the other side of the pump goes how do you like those things
I reply: can't stand it, the car is so small but my wife loves it.
Guy: oh what do you drive?
Me: Evo X
Guy: who makes that?
Me: Mitsubishi
Guy: oh that's those one cars with the paddle thingys on the steering wheel right?

Yeaahhh have a nice day. Lol
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:07 PM

At least he knows "something!"
Old Jul 1, 2011, 05:04 PM

+1 more 11Pb GSR
Old Jul 1, 2011, 07:16 PM

So I have had quite a despicable day...sorry don't know how else to put it. So I started work early today to kick off the 4th of July weekend early as well as a week long vacation. My plans were to replace my drive shaft and then take the car to get aligned and the to S&R for a tune tomorrow. Everything started off well. I was very careful removing everything and moving it out of my way. So, I get to the driveshaft and give it a few tugs and rotate right and left and nothing. So I kept doing that for a couple hours (yes, I can be very patient with these things). Still nothing, I decide to place the rotor back on the spindle and give it a few more rotations. Well it turns out the rotor did not sit correctly back on the ball joint and when I reached behind the rotor; a clear grease was on my hand. It turned out I ripped my ball joint grease cap all the while grease from my CV boot was spewing all ova the place. I called a few Evo buddies and I was told it had to be pried out with a pry bar. So after about half hour, it finally came out. What a pita and now I have to spend an additional $175 to buy a used control arm and $65 for OEM trans fluid. I also forgot I had to pay a speeding ticket by today and due to the holiday weekend, I wont be able to pay it until Tuesday. Yeah today sucked real bad.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sinister_X
So I have had quite a despicable day...sorry don't know how else to put it. So I started work early today to kick off the 4th of July weekend early as well as a week long vacation. My plans were to replace my drive shaft and then take the car to get aligned and the to S&R for a tune tomorrow. Everything started off well. I was very careful removing everything and moving it out of my way. So, I get to the driveshaft and give it a few tugs and rotate right and left and nothing. So I kept doing that for a couple hours (yes, I can be very patient with these things). Still nothing, I decide to place the rotor back on the spindle and give it a few more rotations. Well it turns out the rotor did not sit correctly back on the ball joint and when I reached behind the rotor; a clear grease was on my hand. It turned out I ripped my ball joint grease cap all the while grease from my CV boot was spewing all ova the place. I called a few Evo buddies and I was told it had to be pried out with a pry bar. So after about half hour, it finally came out. What a pita and now I have to spend an additional $175 to buy a used control arm and $65 for OEM trans fluid. I also forgot I had to pay a speeding ticket by today and due to the holiday weekend, I wont be able to pay it until Tuesday. Yeah today sucked real bad.
Damn that really sucks... I hope they are a bit more understanding considering the weekend is already here. I have a utility bill due also. I have to wait till tuesday. Good luck.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 06:42 AM

Yeah I hope they are too, but you know how the government is. I will be there bright and early on Tuesday, so we'll see.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 07:33 AM

Is your car back in working order?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:53 PM

Nope and to make matters worse, I got the wrong axle, so now I am trying to pry this one back out without damaging it so I can take it back and get the right one. This is a nightmare. What has made this whole scenario really bad is that I took a drive to Brandon Mitsubishi to buy the gear oil and I asked the service manager if they would have been able to repair my car having mods and she said yes if it was not directly related to the after market part. So the dealership on Florida has not clue what they are talking about and now I am $300 in the whole with this ordeal, thanks to the tools at the Mitsubishi dealer on Florida. Never again will my car be taken there.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

That dealer is kind of clueless. I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

Originally Posted by Sinister_X
Nope and to make matters worse, I got the wrong axle, so now I am trying to pry this one back out without damaging it so I can take it back and get the right one. This is a nightmare. What has made this whole scenario really bad is that I took a drive to Brandon Mitsubishi to buy the gear oil and I asked the service manager if they would have been able to repair my car having mods and she said yes if it was not directly related to the after market part. So the dealership on Florida has not clue what they are talking about and now I am $300 in the whole with this ordeal, thanks to the tools at the Mitsubishi dealer on Florida. Never again will my car be taken there.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 01:48 PM

Hope you get things straightened out. Guess you're not coming out tonight, huh?

Here are two shots of my wife's Evo on MacDill...

Old Jul 2, 2011, 03:29 PM

I've spotted so many Evos today that I can't call them all out... The last few:

1) Evo X at Red Lobster Dale Mabry
2) Evo VIII on Nebraska
3) Evo X on Bearss

Can't remember the rest. See you all tonight.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 05:52 PM

I'm always there...

Old Jul 2, 2011, 07:21 PM

People were asking about the Evo crew tonight. Every few minutes, I had to explain why I came alone! I explained that Evo guys are overly cautious when it rains because of bad drivers suck worse when the roads are wet!

I am used to coming alone. I am not used to people expecting my friends! Hope we can show up in force next time!

Don't forget Groveland is coming up! Is ANYONE coming to that...?

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads