Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE the food thing. I would like to throw out that the DFAC on base is pretty good especially compared to the food court. Or I wouldn't mind meeting up at Sea Scapes. Can't beat beachfront.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krazykorean84
Nice numbers.

This is pretty much exactly where I'd like to be at with my car except I'd like these numbers on a mustang dyno.
Yeah, on this dyno would like to have been over 400whp. I'm not exactly thrilled with the result, but the 300 cell HFC might be choking the car. I don't see why the heck it would not do better. It is super fun to drive though... uber responsive, smooth spool up and powerful.

A friend of mine in AZ wants to buy my car right now for $20k... Dawn and I trying to decide if we should sell it. I'm leaning toward no. I think I want to do some more rounds of mods over time. It's hard to turn down offers out of the blue though.

Round 2 = Bilstein HDs, GT Worx Springs, Sway Bar, camber plates (easy autox setup)

Round 3 = Spoolin up COP, GSC cams (likely S1 to preserve idle), 100 cell cat (so my wife don't complain), bigger TB, a real UICP and maybe a methanol kit. I don't see why that wouldn't give me another 50whp.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ramonski
I say we all just have a meet one night and go out to eat...family and all....even though im not an evo owner yet I would like to meet up and hang out with you guys...especially to put some names and faces to the evo's i see on base all the time lol
NO DEAL... He's talking about cuttin into gym time now. C'Mon Alex back me up I saw you there tonight you know what I am talkin bout. Booooooooo
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
NO DEAL... He's talking about cuttin into gym time now. C'Mon Alex back me up I saw you there tonight you know what I am talkin bout. Booooooooo

lmao ok bro well nobody said you had to be there...if you cant make it then you cant make it lol..just wanted to finally meet some of you guys and hang out...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evenings during the week seem to be difficult for some. I may be able to make it, but I don't know about the others. If it's an evening get together you desire, then the Saturday after next will be another Tampa Car Meet.

If you want to meet us, you have a better chance doing it one at a time until you met us all...

...other alternative: Wake up early enough to meet us together for lunch... then go back to sleep after lunch!

Having an evening schedule sucks for planning... will you switch back to day shifts at all... or is it permanent night shift for you...?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HISEVO7
Evenings during the week seem to be difficult for some. I may be able to make it, but I don't know about the others. If it's an evening get together you desire, then the Saturday after next will be another Tampa Car Meet.

If you want to meet us, you have a better chance doing it one at a time until you met us all...

...other alternative: Wake up early enough to meet us together for lunch... then go back to sleep after lunch!

Having an evening schedule sucks for planning... will you switch back to day shifts at all... or is it permanent night shift for you...?

I should be switching back to dayshift next month or the month after that. I guess I'll just be meeting you guys one at a time lol. I wouldnt mind meeting a couple of you at the tampa car meet if I have off that night.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 07:49 PM

FRIENDLY REMINDER: Autodrama is coming up Sunday!!! This event is FREE to attend. FREE. Only pay $25 to enter your car. I hope any of you would be able to join me. If you plan to go, let's meet up Sunday morning and ride out together. Or, just meet me there. Would be nice to have company!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 09:00 PM

no I haven't used it on any other forums....I think I know your evo x though bro do you work on macdill?

Yeah I am not at Macdill.....Thx KrazyKorean for pointing that out so fast...lol. I actually work about 5 minutes from there on Gandy at the BOA building. I think the guy you see is my boy Kevin. He has a wingless red Evo X with black painted rims.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 09:03 PM

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I am on vacation this week so I can meet up for lunch. Just did TC/diff fluid change both front and rear and the car runs like she just rolled off the showroom floor....woot.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sinister_X
Yeah I am not at Macdill.....Thx KrazyKorean for pointing that out so fast...lol. I actually work about 5 minutes from there on Gandy at the BOA building. I think the guy you see is my boy Kevin. He has a wingless red Evo X with black painted rims.

ooooo ok...yeah i see a wingless rr evo on black rims all the time driving on base...his X is actually what made me start liking the X body style which eventually led to me wanting one lol..cant wait to buy in a couple of months...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Yeah, on this dyno would like to have been over 400whp. I'm not exactly thrilled with the result, but the 300 cell HFC might be choking the car. I don't see why the heck it would not do better. It is super fun to drive though... uber responsive, smooth spool up and powerful.

A friend of mine in AZ wants to buy my car right now for $20k... Dawn and I trying to decide if we should sell it. I'm leaning toward no. I think I want to do some more rounds of mods over time. It's hard to turn down offers out of the blue though.

Round 2 = Bilstein HDs, GT Worx Springs, Sway Bar, camber plates (easy autox setup)

Round 3 = Spoolin up COP, GSC cams (likely S1 to preserve idle), 100 cell cat (so my wife don't complain), bigger TB, a real UICP and maybe a methanol kit. I don't see why that wouldn't give me another 50whp.

I like your taste brother. Your round 2 is almost exactly what I will eventually be doing myself, except for camber plates. I like round 3 as well but I think I'm gonna try to stay on 93 until all my "wants" are taken care of then I'll start playin with E85. Good luck with the build.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Agreed! There will be no cutting into of gym time. I need my morning and night workouts lol anything in between I'm fine with.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by 08GsrX
Agreed! There will be no cutting into of gym time. I need my morning and night workouts lol anything in between I'm fine with.
Wish I was motivated enough to work out twice a day! (I barely work out twice a month!)

Alex, whats up with the powder coat? Waiting on pics!!!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lmao ok bro well nobody said you had to be there...if you cant make it then you cant make it lol..just wanted to finally meet some of you guys and hang out...
Absolutely Not... It's never the same celebration wit out Tig

Originally Posted by 08GsrX
C.... that's my dude! Gym Ratz Reprezent

Originally Posted by HISEVO7
Wish I was motivated enough to work out twice a day! (I barely work out twice a month!)

Alex, whats up with the powder coat? Waiting on pics!!!
Ohhhh you haven't seen yet??? I am so remise, I should have taken a phone pic when I was leaving the gym. I mean it's no secret I am not crazy about the X's (I know you're all shocked) especially stock ish ones but I have to give my fellow rat props. That black and grey wit the Black Rally Armor flaps is sick
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

lol aight well then whenever anyone wants to hang out i guess we can all talk and figure
something out...i understand the gym time cuz i hardly get my time now that i work nightshifts...

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads