Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jiffy lube is an idiot. Btw, don't like their oil either.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GsrX
Seeing if Alex can post em up real quick. I actually have to work today so can't do it at the moment.
Fail on my part to make a comment... but your car looks pretty sweet like that. I (eventually) have to get my wife's rims (re)done that way!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HISEVO7
...so I was talking to a tech working at Jiffy Lube and he said something that I thought I would ask this forum...

"Never ride your car in fifth gear. It puts too much unneeded strain on the engine... I never go higher than fourth gear. Ever!"

Is there any validity to this...?
Do I even want to ask WHY as the proud owner of an EVO VII you were even at Jiffy Lube? Never drive your car in 5th gear because what... that dude is a clown! 2 words for ya, Gas Mileage. And if you never drive your car in 5th as you claim this would explain why yours sux so bad. Jus Sayin Boss Epic Fail On Jiffy Lube Techs most of those bums off the street aren't even qualified to change oil and I am praying you didn't let them change yours on JL!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Fail on my part to make a comment... but your car looks pretty sweet like that. I (eventually) have to get my wife's rims (re)done that way!
Yah the shop did an amazing job for a stupid cheap price. I love the flat black look, now I gotta figure out what I'm doing with the headlights and taillights. Do I just go to a tint shop and have them tint them to get the smoke grey color.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:09 PM

When I got to my unit, I parked in a normal spot between regular cars. When the day was over, I went to my car and was surprised to be surrounded by tactical vehicles!!! Believe me, I checked all over for scratches. They didn't set off my alarm, and no new scratches!

Had me worried for a second!!!

Just thought I would add some pictures of my car from today. I don't know about you guys, but every time I see my Evo it feels like the first time.

Last edited by HISEVO7; Jul 9, 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to input the image! ;) ...and add some shots from today!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

^^nice pics bro....your evo ALWAYS looks clean as hell lol.....

Last edited by Ramonski; Jul 9, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 05:25 PM

If you have a car, you should check out this shop on N. Lois and W. Osborne. There is an Evo there with a flat tire and no spoiler. It has been sitting there for months. I've asked time and time again if it's for sale and they say no. So, it just sits there. Unused. What a waste of a fine machine!

Anyway...

...I bring this up because maybe you'd like to check it out and ask about it. Maybe you'll have better luck...?

Honestly, I drive by it often and it has never moved. Not in months. They don't tell me about it because the owner is never there... Or something like that. I'm just saying... check it out if you want.

PS: Thanks for the comps on my car! Can't wait to see yours (when you get it)!!!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

thanks man....i would like to check it out but right now since im not going to buy for a like a month it would just be a tease lol...I'm keeping an eye out on what evo's are for sale in the local area just so I have an idea of the prices people are asking....these are going to be the LONGEST month ever lol

Last edited by Ramonski; Jul 9, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 05:47 PM

Well, I suggested you look at it now because it's not for sale and not in use. Maybe if you work your charm enough, the owner would remember you if/when he does decide to sell. (just a thought)
Old Jul 9, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I suggested you look at it now because it's not for sale and not in use. Maybe if you work your charm enough, the owner would remember you if/when he does decide to sell. (just a thought)

oh ok yeah i get what your saying...maybe ill check it out..thanks
Old Jul 9, 2011, 05:58 PM

Just curious... the Evo crew in Orlando meets up every Saturday night to chill and enjoy Proccolino's Pizza (yes, EvoProcco's pizza place). Unfortunately, we don't have an Evo owned pizza joint in town. However, we can choose any place and meet up there for food and drinks... Maybe a place with tv's so people can enjoy sports as well.

This is just a feeler. Wanted to know who might be interested. I used to drive every Saturday to these meets... but that was one tank of gas every weekend! I would love to have something like this in Tampa.

Since most of you live in the same general area, you guys should come together to choose a spot we can get together.

How about it... Anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

that sounds like a good idea to me...when i had an s2k we used to meet up every 2 weeks for meets at different places for dinner and it was a lot of fun...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:42 PM

Here is the Central Florida Autodrama event... up until it rained out. Because of the rain, the judging was never complete. Hence, no trophies!!! Oh well. Met some interesting people there and it was nice to have a few Tampa Evos out there!!!

Last edited by HISEVO7; Jul 10, 2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Forgot the text! ;)
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:22 PM

May be going to Miami this week just for the heck of it. Anything I should know before I get there? I was once told NOT to take my Evo because it would be stolen. That's anywhere. So, what should I know about Miami...?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

i grew up in miami and lived there until i was a freshman in high school...its an awesome place but unfortunately it does have a high crime rate and A LOT of stolen cars each week...i would just make sure your cautious of where you park (especially at night), and dont leave stuff visible on your seats or in your cup holders....have a great trip man...i always have fun when i go down there because my best friend still lives down there..

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads