Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^pm'd you bro....maybe I'll check it out...Thanks !

-Ramon
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When are we working on our rear diffs...?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:58 PM

I guess the rear diffs will have to wait...

...is anyone doing anything this weekend? I am bored with two Evos. My wife and son are on vacation. Invite me to do something!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Diffs What... What are you talking about guy? Bored you say, well I gotta fly down to Boca Raton to pick up............. something for the Blue Lady's next unveiling. You're welcome to roll if you're seriously that bored.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:26 PM

Never been. I'll go. Why not. A few of us were discussing making a day to work on rear diffs... but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Let me know when you want to go... I have classes Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Free every day other than those.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HISEVO7
When are we working on our rear diffs...?
I'm goin TDY for a few days on sunday and Alex mentioned a TDY coming up soon for him too, so I'm not sure if doin all the fluids together is gonna happen.

I've still got 1k miles til its time to do the fluids plus, I think I'll be doin my diff "upgrade" at home since my car will most likely be down for a couple days.

If you want man, you can come over and we can take care of your fluid change(s) next weekend (30 Jul).

What fluids were you planning to change out again?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:37 AM

I need to change the fluid in my rear differential... and pretty much any other fluid, since my wife's Evo needs to be caught up on maintenance. There is no better time than now that she is gone for a few weeks. I am willing to accept any timeline that anyone presents, because I no longer wish to learn things on my own. Having you guys help me is the best way for me to learn anything and everything. Looking things up in the forums is fine as far as reference, but it is not the same as hands-on learning.

Thanks for offering assistance.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I need to change the fluid in my rear differential... and pretty much any other fluid, since my wife's Evo needs to be caught up on maintenance. There is no better time than now that she is gone for a few weeks. I am willing to accept any timeline that anyone presents, because I no longer wish to learn things on my own. Having you guys help me is the best way for me to learn anything and everything. Looking things up in the forums is fine as far as reference, but it is not the same as hands-on learning.

Thanks for offering assistance.
Well, round up all the fluids you'll be needing and we'll knock it out!

Most people recommend Mitsubishi gear oil for the differentials and I have used this as well. Its perfect for the daily driver and can be found on alot of evo vendor websites.

If you want a better quality fluid or something that will handle more abuse then there are many options. Right now I've got AMSOIL in the transmission and Mitsu gear oil in both diffs, but I'll be changing over to full AMSOIL when my next 1k miles is up.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:10 PM

I use DiaQueen for the tranny and LSD gear oil. Dont trust anything else for now.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

well good news guys I found an evo that I'm going to buy but I have to wait to but it until about mid August. If everything goes well though I should be joining your meets or group days as soon as I buy it lol I cant wait to put faces to everyones names on here even if its just meeting 1 person at a time lol
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never been. I'll go. Why not. A few of us were discussing making a day to work on rear diffs... but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Let me know when you want to go... I have classes Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Free every day other than those.
Bro, I'm rolling in the a.m. like a few hours cause it's like a 3 hour hike and I'm not tryin to spend my whole Saturday on da road sooooo If you wanna tag I will text ya before I roll.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:40 PM

Sweet. Sleep time, then.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

double post

Last edited by EvoG8r; Jul 23, 2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: double post
Old Jul 23, 2011, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Alex, if your board change the fluids in my TC and Diffs for fun.

My tour of the 10th century (mid-east) is wonderful as always, next stop the land that time forgot.

Don't forget our Grand Opening is 26 August. 94.1 will be there for the ticket raid, Dawn is trying to get the blood mobile, trying to make sure it's legal to give away free beer/wine with purchase of anything (it's a Palm Harbor thing), we are also putting together some giveaways (cellphones and accessories and stuff from neighboring businesses). I'll post more on FB at Handy Wireless, LLC.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

My tdy got cancelled. No Qatar for me this month lol.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads