Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before I forget... Happy Birthday Evonne!!!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:09 AM

Google Latitude Scavenger Hunt - Update

I've been hashing out the details to the Google Latitude/Smartphone Scavenger Hunt. We are going to take over Tampa!

The bugs are still being worked out, so bear with me on this one. I'm going to continue to plan this as detailed as possible so that we don't have any reason to fail.

It looks like it may have to be the first event of 2012, but well before our Spring BBQ. I will have a test course ready next month. Anyone interested in a trial run...? There is no prize, but you will have advance knowledge of the game play and objectives.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HISEVO7
I've been hashing out the details to the Google Latitude/Smartphone Scavenger Hunt. We are going to take over Tampa!

The bugs are still being worked out, so bear with me on this one. I'm going to continue to plan this as detailed as possible so that we don't have any reason to fail.

It looks like it may have to be the first event of 2012, but well before our Spring BBQ. I will have a test course ready next month. Anyone interested in a trial run...? There is no prize, but you will have advance knowledge of the game play and objectives.
I'm in for a test run. We will have to get together and see what our schedules look like so we can set something up
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I'm stationed in Tampa and I did a search for Evo shops and I'm getting very poor results. I cannot send my car to AWD Motosports or TTP due to the fact that I would like to visit the shop and somewhat monitor and ensure that the work I'm paying for is acutally getting done since I've read some horrible stories here in the central FL area hence my concern.

I've come accross a lot of contradicting advice on shops to include 1320 engineering, S&R performance, and Fully Built. I have not visited any of these shops and I'm looking for some guidance.

The work will include, clutch, cams, timing belt, speed density conversion, and tuning. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:47 PM

Let me start by saying that TTP is no longer a shop. The owner has moved out of cars, completely. He is now doing real estate. He does service his faithful customers, but he doesn't take new ones.*

Everyone has their good and bad experiences with 1320 and S&R. I can't really praise or slander either one.*

The owner of Bold Performance is an awesome guy, but he has yet to finalize his shop, so he can only do tunes right now.*

The owner of S&R is down to Earth. He always tries to make sure you get what you want. He is a Subaru guy, himself... but doesn't talk down about Evos.*

The owner of 1320 recently sold his Evo a few months back. There are several Evos that use his services. He recently opened a new shop in New Tampa.*

I don't know anything about Fully Built.*

I hope this helps, but probably not!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:58 PM

HISEVO7 - Thanks for your response. I met an Army Captain (silver evo9) who stated I would probably get an answer here from his buddy an evo7 owner. Maybe is you.

Today I called Tampa Bay Tuned and had a good conversation with them. Threw a few technical questions at him with good answers. They are closed this week installing a new dyno. I will visit them to see the shop operations and speak with the techs. He stated to have on staff a great tuner who has tuned the Procco Evo. I will also consider S&R and will give them a call and visit the shop to see shop operations as well. Wish there was more assurance here on the forums for or area shops so we can maintain record of reported experiences and results. Thanks and hope to meet with the Tampa crowd in the near future.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

ohay i heard my name :P

I'm the owner of 1320 Engineering, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can
Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by HISEVO7
8pm at the Tijuana Flats parking lot on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh.

See you guys there!
Hmmm... i've never been to Tiajuana Flats. Are they anything like Chili's? I'll see if the wifey is interested and let you know.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:13 PM

About the S&R Contest:

Well... so much for the contest. I didn't win.

Not winning isn't even a surprise to me. What "is" a surprise to me is that they deleted my entry before the end of the contest without even a warning or notice.

So, I have NO IDEA how many votes I ended up with. The last I checked was 55.

Thanks to everyone that voted. Now...

...an all Evo calendar is sounding MORE and MORE appealing! I wonder who I can get to model with our cars... hhmmm... any ideas?

About Tijuana Flats:

They are nothing like Chili's. Its kind of a medium where fast food and restaraunt come together. I enjoy it because it is fast, friendly, and rather tasty! For the price, I really can't complain!

To Sponger:

I'm sure he was talking about me. Not that I think everyone talks about me, but I am a rare breed in these parts with an AUTHENTIC 2002 EDM LHD Evo VII RS-II! I love my car!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:40 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when you plan to sell your lhd evo 7 let me know, I'll be there probably january or february. just waiting for FL medical license
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by sblvro
when you plan to sell your lhd evo 7 let me know, I'll be there probably january or february. just waiting for FL medical license
Sorry. My Evo is not for sale. I have an asking price of $75k because I know no one will pay it. It's stock'ish with very few modifications.

Everyone laughs when they hear my reserve for my Evo, and I admit that it is extremely high. However, it's just a fun way of saying that it's not for sale.

I can, however, suggest a 2001 JDM Evo VII. If you are interested, I can call the guy and give him your information. He lives in Jax, so you would need to drive/fly up there to see it.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:50 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 Evo 6.5 yes, otherwise I'd rather have the 06 Evo ix mr or the 2011or 2012(?).
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

someone is selling an Evo VI shell. Very tempting.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 09:03 PM

wow... Saturday, 8pm, Tiajuana flats NDM & Linebaugh. and no one else showed up...

You we're right though. There was good food and nostalgic 90's music, but nobody else to share it with...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shirozake
wow... Saturday, 8pm, Tiajuana flats NDM & Linebaugh. and no one else showed up...

You we're right though. There was good food and nostalgic 90's music, but nobody else to share it with...
Sorry. I had ZERO confirms, so I decided not to show. I've never canceled a meet before, but I have had plenty of times where I'm left out there alone.

The next official meet is in two weeks. If you'd like to meet up before then, let me know!

For more frequent updates, join us on www.facebook.com/i4Evo and you will always be up to date on upcoming events, meets, and cruises.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads