Notices

filter fell from my SRI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filter fell from my SRI

I was driving home from work today and as you all know it was freakin' hot this afternoon..so I turned on the a/c and i kinda felt that the engine was having a lil bit of a hard time (which is normal whenever a/c or heater is on)..so yeah, it was having a hard time and i thought it was normal..so i ignored it and didn't bother popping the hood..so my friend came over around 8:30 and he was asking if he can see my car and stuff...so we went to the driveway and he asked me to pop the hood (thank god he did)..and after doing that we saw that the filter was sitting there (good thing didnt fell underneath)..

i just want some insights on this...coz the filter was suppose to trap the dust and dirt and whatever from coming into the engine..is it gonna mess up the engine?!? I'm not even sure if it was just today that the filter fell..it's been 9 days now since i last popped the hood...(i really should check it everyday - lesson learned)

so if anyone can comment on this or help me know if there will be problems with the engine or i have to start worrying about it..

thanks ya'll
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stitchflip
I was driving home from work today and as you all know it was freakin' hot this afternoon..so I turned on the a/c and i kinda felt that the engine was having a lil bit of a hard time (which is normal whenever a/c or heater is on)..so yeah, it was having a hard time and i thought it was normal..so i ignored it and didn't bother popping the hood..so my friend came over around 8:30 and he was asking if he can see my car and stuff...so we went to the driveway and he asked me to pop the hood (thank god he did)..and after doing that we saw that the filter was sitting there (good thing didnt fell underneath)..

i just want some insights on this...coz the filter was suppose to trap the dust and dirt and whatever from coming into the engine..is it gonna mess up the engine?!? I'm not even sure if it was just today that the filter fell..it's been 9 days now since i last popped the hood...(i really should check it everyday - lesson learned)

so if anyone can comment on this or help me know if there will be problems with the engine or i have to start worrying about it..

thanks ya'll
I wouldnt worry too much the thing is you caught it. If your oil filter does its job then some if not most of the dirt and dust will be tripped there. For the hard stuff. there is a good chance that eventually it would be ejected. The only thing you would need to worry about is how much wall damage did you get.

i think you should change your oil and filter now. I normally dont recommend flushes but I would say in this case I would tell the shop you go to, to do a flush. Since you want as much crap to come out as possible.

Other then that, on a scale of 1 to 10. The risks / damage potential is pretty low 2 or 3.

I wouldnt worry.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

^+1

Wouldnt worry to much it wasnt wet or muddy out so you should be fine. Get an oil change and new filter.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:32 PM

another question...

if i get a change oil in a different dealership, would it show up on my dealership's system?

Last edited by stitchflip; Apr 27, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:09 AM

Nope...every dealers operate independently & do not share info with each other
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikron15
Nope...every dealers operate independently & do not share info with each other
for the most part that is true, but in some cases if the dealerships are owned by the same management then its possible they may share databases. I know All of Brampton automall uses the same software and database. if i go to Honda Brampton they will see my history
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Sam if you go to Mid-tor, Scarb- or Pickering. They are all owned by the same and their systems are sync.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:51 PM

^+1
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Dont you have a book they sign and stamp? Some dealerships even have a new maintenance log book that has tips about the lancer, and coupons for 10 and 15% parts and accessories.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:11 PM

^i know i have that too but i dont bring anything when i get my car serviced..they just log into their system to see the history of services they did on the car..but i know that book you're talking about..i know i have it somewhere..now that you mentioned it, might as well dig it from the ruble in my closet! lol
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stitchflip
^i know i have that too but i dont bring anything when i get my car serviced..they just log into their system to see the history of services they did on the car..but i know that book you're talking about..i know i have it somewhere..now that you mentioned it, might as well dig it from the ruble in my closet! lol
Take it in to the dealer and get them to sign them all and update it. You might end up selling it to a private dealer / another dealer and they cant get your maintenance history because they dont share information. A well maintained car can increase your resale value.

Some dealers will even look and see that you get your vechile served by them and give you a break when buying a new car.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Greedy_son
Take it in to the dealer and get them to sign them all and update it. You might end up selling it to a private dealer / another dealer and they cant get your maintenance history because they dont share information. A well maintained car can increase your resale value.

Some dealers will even look and see that you get your vechile served by them and give you a break when buying a new car.
hmm..ur right...thanks! let's hope i can find it in this ruble..