Notices

Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotime
newb, did you mention what dealership screwed you over? I'd be pissed if I paid 3k for a repair a)which should be covered under warranty and b) which didn't even fix the Fl_lCKing problem!
You would of had more satisfaction wiping your a$$ with that 3k man.

But realistically this is nothing new, do a search on these forums and you'll find warranty issues from day 1 2003 when evo arrived in state side. sucks you didn't look into this before making your purchase..

I think the best phrase is.. Evo warranty? what warranty?
Pickering Mitsubishi owned me.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFDtLe1Ic4
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:09 AM

This really is unfortunate. I would like to mod some things in my car, but now I'm afraid to because I'd be out of a warranty.

Do they just void the powertrain or all warranties?

Damn you Mitsu Canada and Canadian law! Protect the consumer please!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zhawa
This really is unfortunate. I would like to mod some things in my car, but now I'm afraid to because I'd be out of a warranty.

Do they just void the powertrain or all warranties?

Damn you Mitsu Canada and Canadian law! Protect the consumer please!
To be honest I think there is to much unknowns with what is rumour and what is fact. To be completely honest, I am not buying that Mitsubishi Canada is voiding warranties in this manner. Because Mitsubishi is still bound by USA precedent. Canada wouldnt go beyond that unless this is the policy of the USA. This is my guess. But the last thing people should do is worry about their cars warranty. Mitsubishi should and I would assume there is a legal thing behind what I am about to say. But if you have voided your warranty, they must notify you and explain why. If not it would likely be more trouble then it is worth for them.

I will fully say this out right.

My car is lightly modified, I have an INJEN cold Air intake, I have played with countless exhaust upgrades. But none of my modifications modify my emissions and control equipment. Which if you guys read your Warranty Guide, clearly states that you wont have issues with your warranty unless you mess with one of those things.

What puts your @ss in trouble would be flashing. It has become mainstream in alot of brands to tune your car with a flash. Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc.... etc... But when you flash your ECU you are at the very least stepping on the line of what is warranty compliant. Your ECU is a component of your emissions system. Now am I saying doesnt it automatically void your warranty, its hard to say. But it is grounds.

To be dead honest with everyone. I think Mitsubishi should do away with the warranty nonesense and adapt for the changing times. If a guy wants to buy an EVO , he aint buying it for the damn warranty PERIOD. if he thinks any other way, he shouldnt buy the car at all. This isnt some laugh of luxury, its a race / rally Car. A guy who buys an EVO will have the resources to upgrade and maintain his car.

Its funny sometimes. In the generation we live in people tend to think cars are prefect and will last for ever. I just put gas in the car and it goes for ever. Far from it folks. You gotta be all over your car in terms of maintenance. And if your screw up and slip, too bad.

Very little goes wrong on its own, I mean thats what recalls are for. That aside, I do realize that not everything gets recalled. But I will say this, if Mitsubishi wasnt in such a pintch I am pretty sure they would have more time and resources to allocate to fixing known problems. To be honest, a big change has to happen and I would be all for mitsubishi to completely revamp there Warranty Structure. I have sent in recommendations along the lines of what I am talking about to back what these ideas. Ideas of Co-Pay Warranty claims, Prepaid maintanence packages while offering options of reducing warranty periods.

I dont know, thats my two cents.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
To be honest I think there is to much unknowns with what is rumour and what is fact. To be completely honest, I am not buying that Mitsubishi Canada is voiding warranties in this manner. Because Mitsubishi is still bound by USA precedent. Canada wouldnt go beyond that unless this is the policy of the USA. This is my guess. But the last thing people should do is worry about their cars warranty. Mitsubishi should and I would assume there is a legal thing behind what I am about to say. But if you have voided your warranty, they must notify you and explain why. If not it would likely be more trouble then it is worth for them.

I will fully say this out right.

My car is lightly modified, I have an INJEN cold Air intake, I have played with countless exhaust upgrades. But none of my modifications modify my emissions and control equipment. Which if you guys read your Warranty Guide, clearly states that you wont have issues with your warranty unless you mess with one of those things.

What puts your @ss in trouble would be flashing. It has become mainstream in alot of brands to tune your car with a flash. Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc.... etc... But when you flash your ECU you are at the very least stepping on the line of what is warranty compliant. Your ECU is a component of your emissions system. Now am I saying doesnt it automatically void your warranty, its hard to say. But it is grounds.

To be dead honest with everyone. I think Mitsubishi should do away with the warranty nonesense and adapt for the changing times. If a guy wants to buy an EVO , he aint buying it for the damn warranty PERIOD. if he thinks any other way, he shouldnt buy the car at all. This isnt some laugh of luxury, its a race / rally Car. A guy who buys an EVO will have the resources to upgrade and maintain his car.

Its funny sometimes. In the generation we live in people tend to think cars are prefect and will last for ever. I just put gas in the car and it goes for ever. Far from it folks. You gotta be all over your car in terms of maintenance. And if your screw up and slip, too bad.

Very little goes wrong on its own, I mean thats what recalls are for. That aside, I do realize that not everything gets recalled. But I will say this, if Mitsubishi wasnt in such a pintch I am pretty sure they would have more time and resources to allocate to fixing known problems. To be honest, a big change has to happen and I would be all for mitsubishi to completely revamp there Warranty Structure. I have sent in recommendations along the lines of what I am talking about to back what these ideas. Ideas of Co-Pay Warranty claims, Prepaid maintanence packages while offering options of reducing warranty periods.

I dont know, thats my two cents.
How bout having trained technicians at their dealerships.............!!? How about filling the ACD from factory and doing a proper PDI. How about putting parts back in after you removed them............

My car is at Magnus now being fixed, half of an engine mount over the tranny was FFFFFFFFFFFFFKNG missing they never re-installed it after removing the tranny. Buddy, I'm not kidding when I tell you Mitsubishi Canada and their junk technicians are a laughing stock.

I understand if I break something or mess it up whatevs, i fix it, but man when parts are falling off your while driving down the street because some lamer technician didn't install them properly???!!!

Regardless, dont mod your car unless you want Mits to tell you
"your exhaust voided the warranty on your brake sensor" ,
"you used the wrong type of blinker fluid" ,
"sorry sir, the silver oil in your transmission was cause by our ****ty tranny falling apart but we wont warranty it for you" ,

"you mean the noise we were suppose to fix is still there, well we said (it could have been) the bearings"

cause they did that to me.

/THREAD

Last edited by TheNEWB; Aug 6, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

evo_soul: just cause you buy an evo doesn't mean you don't deserve a warranty. Warranty is meant to protect you from manufacturing defects where sh*t will break unexpectedly. It happens.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:03 PM

LOL. Markham mitsu replaced a bad brake light on my car and left off screws. they also changed a headlight bulb and for some reason left the bumper loose. I only went to them because of a recall. I really, really, really can't stand them. Not to mention the other dealerships they own, like Thornhill mitsu.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
How bout having trained technicians at their dealerships.............!!? How about filling the ACD from factory and doing a proper PDI. How about putting parts back in after you removed them............

My car is at Magnus now being fixed, half of an engine mount over the tranny was FFFFFFFFFFFFFKNG missing they never re-installed it after removing the tranny. Buddy, I'm not kidding when I tell you Mitsubishi Canada and their junk technicians are a laughing stock.

I understand if I break something or mess it up whatevs, i fix it, but man when parts are falling off your while driving down the street because some lamer technician didn't install them properly???!!!

Regardless, dont mod your car unless you want Mits to tell you
"your exhaust voided the warranty on your brake sensor" ,
"you used the wrong type of blinker fluid" ,
"sorry sir, the silver oil in your transmission was cause by our ****ty tranny falling apart but we wont warranty it for you" ,

"you mean the noise we were suppose to fix is still there, well we said (it could have been) the bearings"

cause they did that to me.

/THREAD
Its unfortunate to hear that you went thru this hardship and I dont defend Mitsubishi lightly. But the human element can be found anywhere. With any company and just about any business. It varies from dealership to dealership, and technician to technician. The point I am trying to make is. Not all dealerships are bad or incompetent. There are some who attempt to strive and stand out. Its unfortunate that Mitsubishi gets painted with one stroke.

That said, I am not really worried or afraid of Mitsubishi in the sense of my warranty. I have kept a paper trail of everything I have done. Heck, I have a blog. If I call them today to check the status of my warranty, I would love to hear if it is void. It would give me something to talk about. But I am doubtful.

Mitsubishi makes I think one of the best cars in the world. But there is clearly a gulf between service and the product. There are changes coming, and its my hope that Mitsubishi finally does what they should have done a long time ago. I have had the same positions for 3 years now and lobbied heavily on them. I think they may start to listen
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:15 PM

So I just recently called Mitsubishi Canada and asked them about this situation.
What they told me was to read the warranty manual to make sure what they consider to void certain parts of the warranty.

Also they told me that when something breaks because of a mod, it can't be covered under the warranty, but your entire warranty isn't taken away, just that particular repair.

I also asked about how if Mitsu finds out you have a mod in your car, they will void your warranty and the person said they don't do that.

So all in all, I'm not sure if he's selling me BS or if the warranty situation isn't as dire as theNEWB states. Guess we'll have to find out when someone else here gets their warranty voided.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 01:13 PM

Want me to mod my Demo and see what happens? lol.

I see everyone`s views on this...

Newb is correct with the fact that most Mitsu Dealers having trained technicians as most mitsu`s have one Certified Fully trained mechanic and a bunch of apprentices.

In Evo_Soul`s argument I agree! You cant flash your ECU or change the stock turbo with something else,or change factory parts with aftermarket parts that DO change the original specifications of the vehicle. It really is common sense...

There is no right and wrong answers to this situation...Newb got screwed over royally and i feel bad for him, it really isnt fair what happened in your situation...

If one of you made a chainsaw, and then your customers changed the motor in it and the motor blew and destroyed several key parts, and came back and said "HAI GUISE! I wanna claim this under warranty" You`d be pissed because it wasnt a manufacturer defect! How many times has your Xbox RROD and microsoft was like oh geez sorry.... it took them a while before they put that program out to fix RROD.

Cant we all be friends? and have bbq`s?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:01 PM
R0Y

Originally Posted by xed32
LOL. Markham mitsu replaced a bad brake light on my car and left off screws. they also changed a headlight bulb and for some reason left the bumper loose. I only went to them because of a recall. I really, really, really can't stand them. Not to mention the other dealerships they own, like Thornhill mitsu.
LOL Markham Mitsubishi is a fking joke!
i'm still waiting for Mitsubishi Canada to respond after them asking me to give them the whole story of what happened to me there
I basically told them that I have never delt with such incompentent Sales and Service staff especially the sales and service managers... LOL
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

The manual says that mitsubishi cannot warrant aftermarket parts that you have installed on the car. Also, they will void the warranty on the parts that are affected by the parts you installed. But before this, they have to prove to you that the part you have installed has a direct relation to the failure of other parts. I doubt that most service manager read about that.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
The manual says that mitsubishi cannot warrant aftermarket parts that you have installed on the car. Also, they will void the warranty on the parts that are affected by the parts you installed. But before this, they have to prove to you that the part you have installed has a direct relation to the failure of other parts. I doubt that most service manager read about that.
Which makes me wonder, how my Perrin turbo back exhaust and Perrin Intake elbow affected my ACD?!!

THey are all a ****ing joke.

Down with Mitsubishi CANADA!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
Which makes me wonder, how my Perrin turbo back exhaust and Perrin Intake elbow affected my ACD?!!

THey are all a ****ing joke.

Down with Mitsubishi CANADA!
Anyone?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:15 PM

I have had a similar experience with mitsu service, where they didn't know that changing the TPMS you have to set the ECU to re-learn the serial #'s.

I had to basically spell it out for them. I think they have a really bad service department, and i agree with 1 master tech and a bunch of apprentices. It costs $$$ for them to train and pay good workers more $$$. Not a great way to run a business plan, but there are more less informed people out there than informed ones.

I have to agree with TheNEWB, I probably won't be buying another Mitsubishi again. My previous experience with, also a new car with service was from a ACURA dealership, and they gave me by far the best service i've come across, and at a very reasonable cost. And above all they knew what they were doing. I've had my old RSX serviced with them for years, with no problems.

The point of this story i would have to say, is be a well informed consumer and dont let them feed you lies. READ THE MANUAL, and highlight warranty statements in it, so when they try to make up stories you can catch them by the tail. In an ideal world, you shouldn't have to do that, but apparently, with mitsu steps like this need to be taken.

Last edited by LightZero; Aug 15, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls