Notices

mitsubishi plans for 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Crester
Hrm... so it looks like the 2nd thread on this topic disappeared... and the first one mysterious re-appeared...

forgot to click the visible mode!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good news!!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

good, kill the boring cars.

ps: new Sonata 2.0T is an Evo motor...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
good, kill the boring cars.

ps: new Sonata 2.0T is an Evo motor...
not exactly. the 4B11T platform is just that a plat form. how you build it up is up to the manufacturer. In this case, Mitsubishi and Hyundai. I hate to be so blunt. But the Genesis and Sonata engines have a glass jaw and cant take much beyond 330 hp. Not unless they reinforce the engine.

that said, Hyundai's aftermarket are already leaning from Mitsubishi's and will throw together alot of hardware to bridge that gap.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
not exactly. the 4B11T platform is just that a plat form. how you build it up is up to the manufacturer. In this case, Mitsubishi and Hyundai. I hate to be so blunt. But the Genesis and Sonata engines have a glass jaw and cant take much beyond 330 hp. Not unless they reinforce the engine.

that said, Hyundai's aftermarket are already leaning from Mitsubishi's and will throw together alot of hardware to bridge that gap.

I am selling my 4b11 to a dude who owns a genisis. So you can imagine that they dont need to do much, just buy the mitsu stuff.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:24 AM

Crester... AGAIN! lol

Where were you like 5 months ago!?!!

I Had posted this from day one when i got the news. I posted on MCCC and Then Posted here that GTS`s were being Discontinued and also they`re closing the NA plant and going to start renovations for something undisclosed!

Way to Necro Info I already posted bro... Lulz! Oh well...

Im Telling Darren @ Maple to Upcharge you 15 bucks on your next oilchange for your MR! =P
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Who cares about the Endeavor?!! That SUV was always garbage! What I’m sad about are the two icons, the Galant and the Eclipse. There was a time in the 90’s to early 00’s when the Galant and the Eclipse were two of the most desirable cars in their class, they literally kept Mitsubishi afloat in the US with their sales. What happened?!

As usual Mitsubishi didn’t stay competitive in the US market and let them become complete jokes and turned their back on them focusing on the Lancer and the Outlander. The new Galant is one of the ugliest sedans on the market and it does absolutely nothing better than its competitors, what a far cry from the days when it used to look like a BMW from 99-01. While the Eclipse which was once a tuners dream is now of a parody of itself, becoming a egg/spaceship looking vehicle that has a new body covering old outdated technology. This car company has always done things backwards and never stays competitive.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

You're right... the Galant used to be a really sharp looking car. I actually TODAY like the looks of this old Galant than the one which is currently on sale. Way to go Mitsu!

I don't think they need to kill off the Eclipse/Galant names or segment. They need a 2 door coupe... and they need a family sedan... so they should keep that segment of vehicle... but they should definitely kill off their current versions of it and just start over.

They're doing a good job of their cars now... so just make a new coupe and family sedan in the same mindset.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

So last news I heard says... the plants that used to make this POS platform cars... sorry PS Platform cars are going to be converted to make Mitsubishi RVR's.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

They should start building galent VR-4s from the 90's again... /thread.

Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^ They definitely should start making cars like that again. Why did Mitsubishi stray from that path anyways? They were making really sporty and technologically advanced cars... and then what happened? I remember drooling over the Mitsubishi Diamante sedan as a kid because of all the gyzmos it had at the time. And the 3000GT VR4 had electronic everything... you could adjust the rear and front spoilers up and down... all the way back then! Then WTF happened?!?!?

Thankfully they are saying the i-MiEV is gonna be a fleet vehicle. But I hope Mitsu doesn't go all green.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by initialdrew
They should start building galent VR-4s from the 90's again... /thread.

ahh I miss the old one. Nice car.