Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackheart1425
whats up buddy

I thought u sold ur lancer

sup, yo!
been a while...
yeah, i tried - they were lowballin' me so I decided to keep it and run it to the ground..

Originally Posted by laksman91
He has an Evo MR more things to change - Diff Fluid, AYC Fluid, Not to mention his transmission fluid is like $100+/Qt (worth more than gold lol)
yeah, I quoted the wrong person...lmao
it should be the one that said $600..
but still ya'll get what I was trying to say...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

I got a discount actually...i told them I was a lancer member lol...I think i am no? not sure...lol
so i got 10% off, about $1250 or so.
SST fluid was cheaper than what I paid last time for willall racing fluid...it was for $350+ for the entire change....only thing i dont like is that maple told me that they were not going to change the filter, which i think is a stupid idea...i told them i'll pay extra for the filter...they said there is no filter available, only filter + housing and thats at least 260 bucks more...and 2 or 4 more days wait time...not interested.

Crester, please advise as to where you got quoted $600, i' would love to save $$ on my next 48K service! u have an MR too right?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:26 PM

im only at my 20 k and the guy told me I need to do a 20 k service next time i come for an oil change ... about $200 or so, any idea what the service involves, and did you guys do it ? manual lancer

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:17 AM

I just did my 24000km scheduled service at Motorcity Mitsu in Whitby. $53.76.
I not sure what you are getting quoted on??? They did an oil change, tire pressure check, fluid top ups. Multi-point inspection. My GTS is a manual trans. Maybe thats the difference??
And I got $10.00 off that price since that dealership is new too... :-)
Out the door $43.76.......
I will keep you posted if I find out what the 48000km is going to cost from them.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Crester
For you guys that are doing $1,300 services at 48K.... what in the world are you paying for?!?!? I swear I got quotes in the region of $600-700.

We NEED an insider in the dealerships again. Anybody want to start working for Mitsu and give us some "assistance"? lol
Just because im at Nissan doesnt mean I wont get you insider stuff. I`ve still helped out countless people and Maple hasn't let me down. I`m actually speaking with Stan the GM there about coming back to sell Evo`s Part time.

Anyways Crester, your paying for a sports car, you should have thought about that before purchasing it. Porche,Mercedes,BMW customers dont complain when they have to pay through their *** for service.

FYI, Your already entitled to the TLC discount @ Maple plus I`m sure if you speak with Darren he`ll work something out. I can't vouch for everyone, everytime man. You want Maple to go bankrupt? Then you`ll have nowhere to go. Feel Proud your supporting a dealer who cares about you. If it wasnt for me speaking to Management to be lenient you wouldn't have gotten what you get. evox44 is a perfect example. He needed a reliable dealer and called me up to ask for assistance. He had a great experience there and did his service with no problems.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Enjoi

Anyways Crester, your paying for a sports car, you should have thought about that before purchasing it. Porche,Mercedes,BMW customers dont complain when they have to pay through their *** for service.
Just because I bought an EVO doesn't mean I am supposed to be raped up the *** when it comes to service costs. It's a performance car yes... but costs still need to be reasonable. And if I can save money here and there... I will do it.

And yes... Porsche, Mercedes, BMW owners do also complain about their service costs.

I don't know where this mentality comes from that just because you bought a nice car... you should magically be perfectly happy with spending every single dollar you have on every service job done to the car.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BIIMMZZZ
I just did my 24000km scheduled service at Motorcity Mitsu in Whitby. $53.76.
I not sure what you are getting quoted on??? They did an oil change, tire pressure check, fluid top ups. Multi-point inspection. My GTS is a manual trans. Maybe thats the difference??
And I got $10.00 off that price since that dealership is new too... :-)
Out the door $43.76.......
I will keep you posted if I find out what the 48000km is going to cost from them.
When talking about 48K service... we should make sure we are all talking about the same thing here. And the 48K for an EVO is going to be very different from a Lancer. At $50... I'm thinking you basically got an oil change.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:46 AM

Crester, you're right.... EVO is a different creature, must be treated differently.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:01 PM

Why don't you ask the dealer a breakdown of whats involved with those 24k or 50k services? And then have a local mechanic to do them. that'll save you tons of money
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yes . If you don't take it to your dealer it could possibly internally combust .
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EK2S40
Why don't you ask the dealer a breakdown of whats involved with those 24k or 50k services? And then have a local mechanic to do them. that'll save you tons of money
i'll get you one soon. as soon as i find that stupid paper...it's not only fluids it's also some sorta belt they replace...and brake service...cabin filter...coolant flush...top up all ACD/AYC things....replace transfer case, F and R diff's, and w/e other diffs you can possibly find....
unlike 'some other shop' James at maple gave me some feedback as to what to do next, he recommended an engine flush, and maybe even fuel system flush...none the less, if u find this service for $600 elsewhere, go for it...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

evox44... off the top of my head... here's what I was quoted approx. $600 for...

- engine oil and filter change
- SST transmission fluid change
- front/rear diff fluid change
- active center diff fluid change (including reservoir in trunk)
- engine coolant flush

There's some things I didn't do because I thought it was dumb. I didn't change my drivebelts because it's still practically new now. I didn't get them to change my cabin filter because I don't want to pay half hour labour for something i can do in two minutes. Didn't buy a new air filter because I have a K&N.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Does nobody here have an owners manual to read? All this "what is included" stuff is answered right in the maintenance section!

The cost breakdown then becomes parts and labour, and depending on the dealer, the labour rate changes. Typically, it seems to be $90+/hr. Where the problem lies, is that the computer has a predetermined amount of time that each service takes, and that is what they quote you, and end up charging you. Thing is, some tasks overlap, so you end up paying twice.

Example (over simplified):
To change brakes you remove the wheels, remove the calipers, remove the rotors, then do in reverse. Charged 3 hours labour.
To rotate tires, you remove the wheels, and put them back on somwehere else. Charged 1 hour labour.

Thing is...if they are being done concurrently, then the labour for the rotation should be "free" because the wheels had to come off anyway for the brakes. The computer, and subsequently the mechanic, does not look at it this way.

This can be a ripoff, especially if you are getting a lot of overlapping work (rotors, pads, rotation, tire change), but on the flip side, your cost should never exceed that, and so if the mechanic ends up taking much longer than expected, then it is "their loss".

Last edited by suprPHREAK; Apr 4, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Part A:
Gasket/Oil Pan Drain: $1.70
Filter: $6.48
Mobil one: $59.00 (Usually $88 or $17.58 / litres)

LABOR: $17.77 PARTS: $84.90

Part B: 4-wheel brake service
Labor: $99.00 Parts: $16.73 (Parts: Grinding Disc, non-cholrinated brake)

Part C: Cabin Air Filter
Labor: $29.73 (Rape)
Parts: $45.68 (not bad, list: $50.75)

Part F: SST Fluid
Labor $49.50 (I think Magnus was $75)
Fluid: $302.76 (List $56.07 or $336.42)

Part G: Replace Transfer Fluid
Labor: $49.50
Fluid: $34.70 (2x4ltrs @ $19.28/4 ltr)

Part H: Replace AYC/ACD Fluid
Labor: $49.50
Fluids: $28.00 (LSD 4 Ltrs $17.35, A/T Trans Fluid SPIII $10.65 [with discounts])

Part I: Serpentine Belt
Labor: $99.00
Parts: $126.29 (List: $140)

Part J: Coolant Flush
Labor: $99.00
Parts: $30.26

Parts: $661.55 (Could be well reduced if you buy high ticket items from Fredbeanparts or MAP)
Labor: $445.45 (it pays to do your own work!!)
+ HST of course

Labor and some parts will get a 10% disc. You can also buy your parts from outside (factory) and go for installation at maple. Hopefully this will help you guys a little to decide if you want or dont want to go to the dealership for service.