Notices

LED tails installed. Now shift is locked, No brake lights, No Cruise controls

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED tails installed. Now shift is locked, No brake lights, No Cruise controls

I bought all new LED tail lights about weeks ago.

So i finally got some free time this evening and installed them. After installing
them I no longer have brake lights, shift lock wont let me come out of park and cruise control is gone. I put old bulbs back in but no luck.

I don't know what the hell just happened. Has anyone had this problem?

I can drive the car by releasing the shift manually but have to go to dealership and fix this. But I am afraid to go to dealer with the LED tails on.

Anyone knows what has happened?
Old May 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to get load resistors. I put some LED reverse lights in and they would not work. I just got the load resistors today and they work like a charm. I got mine on ebay for 10bucks, for 2 resistors.. I assume you need the same thing since the car thinks the lights are out, therefore prevents you from driving since it thinks you brake lights are out, which is not safe. Look for 50w 6ohm resistors.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:35 AM

i just put my led tail lights a couple of weeks back and the only thing that was missing was my cruise control (haven't had a chance to install the load resistors yet) but the assembly should be plug and play. which set did you buy?

it should work if you put the old bulbs back in? i don't know if there's a difference between auto and manual cause mine's manual but i don't think the tail lights should cause you that much problems.

the only thing i can suggest is to check all the the connections, like make sure black wire is to black wire, etc. if all else fails, i would just put the stock ones back in before going to the dealership.
Old May 11, 2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 08Lanc3rGTS
i just put my led tail lights a couple of weeks back and the only thing that was missing was my cruise control (haven't had a chance to install the load resistors yet) but the assembly should be plug and play. which set did you buy?

it should work if you put the old bulbs back in? i don't know if there's a difference between auto and manual cause mine's manual but i don't think the tail lights should cause you that much problems.

the only thing i can suggest is to check all the the connections, like make sure black wire is to black wire, etc. if all else fails, i would just put the stock ones back in before going to the dealership.
I put the all old bulbs back in but no luck. Shift is still locked and no brake lights either.

I might try to call the dealer first and just find out if this something I can do.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:00 AM

well let us know what the outcome is.. good luck!
Old May 11, 2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 08Lanc3rGTS
well let us know what the outcome is.. good luck!
At the end I decided to go to the dealer in Burlington with the LED tail lights on. The guy at service desk was really helpful. He knew what's wrong right away when I told him the problem. It was caused from the blown fuse to the brake lights. That was the reason the shift got locked too.

He just replaced the fuse and gave me couple of more in case if I need it again. Drove about an hour no problem yet.

I will update with some pictures later. I am also going to get my quad retrofitting done tomorrow
Old May 12, 2011, 07:46 AM

what about your cruise control?
Old May 13, 2011, 09:05 AM

I can't set a speed to cruise control yet. I need to install two load resisters to brake lights to get it fully functional.