Notices

Buschur Racing Shortblocks.. New Lineup!!! 2.1L Race Engine Now Available!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Racing Shortblocks.. New Lineup!!! 2.1L Race Engine Now Available!!!

Alright guys.. We are proud to annouce the release of the new Buschur Racing 2.1L race Motor to the already stout arsenal.. We have been testing this motor and have had great luck with it.. Currently, the Buschur Racing Badbish is running this motor.. At the 09' Shootout the car ran 9.1 @ 150+ on multiple passes without an issue.. If you have any questions feel free to Pm us.. Some of the benefits of the the 2.1L are..

Better Rod Stroke Ratio for safer High Rpm use..

Lesser Expensive 4g64 Core for those who cannot provide a Good core..

Ability to run a wet block for big boost applications..

We are offering the Buschur 2.1L motor currently with the following setup..

Buschur Spec Je Pistons w/ Skirt Coat @ 10:1 Compression..

Manley Turbo Tuff Rods or GRP Aluminum Rods..

ARP Rod and Main Bolts, Bearings, Fully Blueprinted and Balanced.

Block pricing for the 2.1L is 3000.00 + Shipping + Core.. We can tell you the core charge is going to be much less than the 4g63.. Pricing for cores will be approximately 1000.00 for Block and Crank..
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Alright guys.. We are proud to annouce the release of the new Buschur Racing 2.1L race Motor to the already stout arsenal.. We have been testing this motor and have had great luck with it.. Currently, the Buschur Racing Badbish is running this motor.. At the 09' Shootout the car ran 9.1 @ 150+ on multiple passes without an issue.. If you have any questions feel free to Pm us.. Some of the benefits of the the 2.1L are..

Better Rod Stroke Ratio for safer High Rpm use..

Lesser Expensive 4g64 Core for those who cannot provide a Good core..

Ability to run a wet block for big boost applications..

We are offering the Buschur 2.1L motor currently with the following setup..

Buschur Spec Je Pistons w/ Skirt Coat @ 10:1 Compression..

Manley Turbo Tuff Rods or GRP Aluminum Rods..

ARP Rod and Main Bolts, Bearings, Fully Blueprinted and Balanced.

Block pricing for the 2.1L is 3000.00 + Shipping + Core.. We can tell you the core charge is going to be much less than the 4g63.. Pricing for cores will be approximately 1000.00 for Block and Crank..
Wow neat.....

1) Would one consider a 10:1 compression ratio too high? What if i wanted to throw a Precision 6262 on there and run max boost? Can the motor hold all that?

2) Compared to the standard 2.0L BR block, will there be a big advantage in spoolup with the 2.1L block?

3) Do I have to send in a 4G64 block as a core or can I send in my 4G63 block and still install BR's 2.1L stroker kit?

sorry for the newbie sounding questions.....
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Wow neat.....

1) Would one consider a 10:1 compression ratio too high? What if i wanted to throw a Precision 6262 on there and run max boost? Can the motor hold all that?

2) Compared to the standard 2.0L BR block, will there be a big advantage in spoolup with the 2.1L block?

3) Do I have to send in a 4G64 block as a core or can I send in my 4G63 block and still install BR's 2.1L stroker kit?

sorry for the newbie sounding questions.....

With todays fuels, Ecu options and Materials used in the motors we would not consider 10:1 too high at all.. Of course id like to go over your goals, fuel you plan to use etc.. We can offer these 9.5:1 also.. And yes the motor can hold whatever a 6262 can throw at it..

Yes there will be an advantage in spool based on compression and the larger bore size..

Sure we can take a 4g63 in on core and offer you a credit for the block as well..

any questions feel free to Pm me.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. On a side note, is this one of the "secret" mods that David recently done? Sorry, just trying to connect the dots.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
Interesting. On a side note, is this one of the "secret" mods that David recently done? Sorry, just trying to connect the dots.
I dont beleive this to be one of his secret mods.. And if it was the secret is now out..

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I dont beleive this to be one of his secret mods.. And if it was the secret is now out..

Mike
Right. David said he had a "few things up his sleeve" so I thought this may be one of them. Not that this is a significant departure from his setup...just interesting. Do you have any dyno comparisons of the BR 2.0 vs. BR 2.1 engine? Is the primary difference the ability to safely rev higher and therefore this engine may be better suited for drag racing?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
Right. David said he had a "few things up his sleeve" so I thought this may be one of them. Not that this is a significant departure from his setup...just interesting. Do you have any dyno comparisons of the BR 2.0 vs. BR 2.1 engine? Is the primary difference the ability to safely rev higher and therefore this engine may be better suited for drag racing?
My interest in it is because of the better rod / stroke ratio and revability.. I dont have any dyno comparison on hand but Dave my have something to post.. The 2.1L we installed here locally is on a much milder setup.. We just wanteds to test the reliability of it on a daily driver etc..

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:24 PM

what kind of alterations have to be made to run the 4g64 in an evo?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkside4G63
what kind of alterations have to be made to run the 4g64 in an evo?
There are a few Small changes that need to be made to run the 2.1L.. Ill be making a much more thorough list next week.. Off the top of my head.. Nothing really to crazy to be made to work..

Slight Changes in Cam Timing

4g64 Timing Belt

Special Water Pump

Water Pump Spacer

Special Headgasket
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't wait to get our Buschur motor!

-Em
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
I can't wait to get our Buschur motor!

-Em
I cant wait to see your car get up and move.. Will be sweet to see it when its done.. good luck!!

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

why not make a kit of all the parts we would need to to use these blocks, and sell them to the public? no one that i know of does this and i was interested in trying a 2.1l when i blew my motor last year. i just wasnt sure of all that is needed.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wevo1985
why not make a kit of all the parts we would need to to use these blocks, and sell them to the public? no one that i know of does this and i was interested in trying a 2.1l when i blew my motor last year. i just wasnt sure of all that is needed.
Of course we are going to be able to supply all the parts.. We are finalizing that beginning of next week.. I just couldnt hold out without releasing some info to see how the interest is on it..

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Is this more for drag or road course?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX
Is this more for drag or road course?
I guess it depends on the rev range you need.. we usually suggest the 2.3L for road race..

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Shortblocks.. New Lineup!!! 2.1L Race Engine Now Available!!!