Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tanabe Sustec and TEAS Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:08 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanabe Sustec and TEAS Review

Here's our latest part review for the Tanabe Sustec and TEAS: Click here.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much was the hole setup shipped to your place. reading your review almost made me jump up and order them but i dont see were and how much, but man i waiting to hear your track review and i cant wait.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

wonder if this setup is similar to the Tein Flex ..
Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:26 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
How much was the hole setup shipped to your place. reading your review almost made me jump up and order them but i dont see were and how much, but man i waiting to hear your track review and i cant wait.

A vendor on the site is currently selling them:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=Sustec

MSRP for the suspension is $1,980.00 and $598.00 for the TEAS.

I will be testing the suspension out at the shootout. I'm hoping I can make it to autox before hand as well. Stay tuned....
Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:27 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Dan
wonder if this setup is similar to the Tein Flex ..
I'm not sure because I haven't a chance to install a set to compare.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

if you wont mind in your review write up when your done testing out would you post like how you have the car setup, highet, this and that toe like every thing, becasue from right now you sound like you really like these. and i cant get over how cool it is you can have a nice ride and then when you want to get drity in the turns you just push a button and seems like it takes no time to damp them, and in my world not have to get out of car and change anything is like wow very nice.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:20 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
if you wont mind in your review write up when your done testing out would you post like how you have the car setup, highet, this and that toe like every thing, becasue from right now you sound like you really like these. and i cant get over how cool it is you can have a nice ride and then when you want to get drity in the turns you just push a button and seems like it takes no time to damp them, and in my world not have to get out of car and change anything is like wow very nice.

I'll make sure to add in my notes to add specifics to the suspension setup. The car right now is setup to stock specs or close to it (except height). I'm going to play around with the setup to see if I can get an even balance between track and street. Once I figure it out, I will let everyone know.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
I'll make sure to add in my notes to add specifics to the suspension setup. The car right now is setup to stock specs or close to it (except height). I'm going to play around with the setup to see if I can get an even balance between track and street. Once I figure it out, I will let everyone know.

you the man lol nice sweet cant wait to hear more about them.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
Here's our latest part review for the Tanabe Sustec and TEAS: Click here.

Enjoy!
Did you use to have a set of Ohlins in it? Or was that another project car?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Yes I did have the ohlins on the car. I wanted to try some of the other packages out there to see what they were like. I figured I would just become everyone's guinea pig and give them a better idea what each package has to offer.

Plus I sometimes get that itch to mod now and then...
Old Jun 10, 2006, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

nice lol would you say your new coilover a more track, or how can i say it better on the track world then the old ones, i knew you have not gone on the track but you can get a idea from the road. and on the road i would think they also better becasue you can turn the soft and hardness from a dial with is so neato.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Where can we find your thoughts on the ohlins setup?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
Yes I did have the ohlins on the car. I wanted to try some of the other packages out there to see what they were like. I figured I would just become everyone's guinea pig and give them a better idea what each package has to offer.

Plus I sometimes get that itch to mod now and then...
I'm looking at purchasing the ohlins, so in your opinion. Which coilover is better, disregarding the cool electronic damping controller. Are the Ohlins that great as people say they are?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvbf1
I'm looking at purchasing the ohlins, so in your opinion. Which coilover is better, disregarding the cool electronic damping controller. Are the Ohlins that great as people say they are?
from how he sounds they are better but he didnt not track them or a full setup yet, but also these are so nice becasue more every day frenly on your butt but i cant speck for him wait for him but what i read and see they seem to be right up there and i cant get over that they damp like that. i mean come on you can have diff like map settings for diff driving, so one for street easy and then full out tracking i give it
Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:04 AM
spt
Evolved Member

The ohlins are a different setup then the tanabe. You have to figure out what you want out of the car as far as handling, your driving preferences, and what you use the evo for and choose the setup that'll match it. Also you need to factor in price.

For example, the reason why I got the ohlins was because I track the evo (HPDE and autox) more then anything else. I wasn't really worrying about the cars street characteristics or the ability to change dampener settings on the fly. I just wanted something more aggressive on the track. I also wanted the ability to swap out spring rates and try different things to get the car setup the way I wanted it to be. You basically have to put some work and a little money into the setup to get the most out of it. KK (rip) wrote the initial ohlin review when we first installed them: https://www.evolutionm.net/features/.../projectevo/43 (spring rates and shock valving have changed since then).

The tanabe setup is different. The Sustec Pro (in my opinion) is geared more for the street and for the occasional HPDE/Autox participant. It also has the ability to be plug in play. All you have to worry about is getting the car's height adjusted properly and have the car dialed in correctly (alignment, etc.). If you get the TEAS, then there is a bit of tuning time to get the settings correct to the way you prefer them. I think the part I had the most fun with was with the dampener settings and having the ability to set the suspension to the lowest setting possible and making the car feel like a Cadillac. Once I was done horsing around and I wanted a more performance oriented setting, it was a matter of pushing a button.

I hope that answers everyone's questions.