Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Don Herring Mitsubishi (Irving, TX)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don Herring Mitsubishi (Irving, TX)

I would just like to drop by and let everyone know about my excellent experience with Don Herring Mitsubishi. I had first saw South Coast's ad here on evom this summer. The prices looked attractive and I had always dreamed of owning an evo. I decided at these prices I was unable to pass up the deal. I saved for several months as well as sold off all my project cars and their parts. The day had come where I was finally in position to pick up my new car. I had already decided on a GG SE. I called up South Coast and started the buying process, financing arrangements, shipping, etc. Unfortunatly due to there high volume of sales, the deal was taking weeks although I had already been approved for financing. At this time I was frustrated and decided to check out a few of the local dealerships here in NM. They were not even willing to negotiate. I felt all hope was lost when I saw an ad on ebay for Don Herring. I then contacted the internet car sales manager, Mike Wassel, and explained to him my situation. Within two hours we had the deal done and a flight booked to Dallas to pick up my new car. He did not BS me and even offered me the same great advertised price as South Coast. Easiest car deal I have ever made, period!

Don't get me wrong, I am not bad mouthing South Coast in the least bit. I'm just saying for those on this side of the country you have another option, may even save you on shipping. Don Herring stepped up big time when I needed them and they were rewarded my buisness. They even threw in free oil changes for life. Unfortunately I do not live in the area. If you are interested in purchasing an evo I would recomend without a doubt, contacting Mike Wassel of Don Herring at (972) 785-3008. Thanks for your time.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for Don Herring, i got my car from there too!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bump for Don Herring
Old Feb 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Wow Don herring Mits. I bought my car there.
Went there on Dec 22nd with me , bro, and one of my friend. I took them because they both bought their 350z by themselves and I have no experience buying car.
Drove two 350z(06 they bought it month ago). They thought we can not buy $35k car(we are all early 20s).
Salesman was ok(african american) But Manager! He got on to my friend's face (like 6 inch away) and shouted BUY THE CAR OR LEAVE!, WE HAVE FAMILY TO SEE. I went there on 22nd night(I'm ARMY so i got there on same day) Store closes at 9pm, we went there about 7pm. My friend bought STI just month ago so we checked out evos carefully. Manager started to *****ing us at 8:30.
Even without calling bank, He told us 9% interest with 736 credit score. Manager was really rude and I;m still thinking if I should call my lawyer and sue them for mental damage. It was worst experience I ever had in my 24 years of my life. We were treated different ( early 20s and we are asian) Now I can feel how african american were treated long time ago.
Making this story short, I called next day and talked to salesman. Salesman agreed his rudeness and he told me he's not here and different manager is working so come buy the car. They asked for $621 monthly first time($3000 down) THEN guess what dropped to $530. $91 difference. I still think I got ripped off by that same manager we saw day before. My interest got dropped to 6% after checking with banks.
The salesman who actually got us buying car was african american guy but credit went to Mr Wassel because he was the one that talked to us when we first got there.
I called Don Herring Mits(plano) about the car price after I got my car. They told me I could get extra $500 off (military service) and $500 (about to graduate) even with VIP program.
But Irving Mits said I'm buying car using VIP service and they cant give 2 $500 discount.

He's name was Marks. Theres 2 marks (finance manger and sale manager)
I was talking about sale manager.
Worst dealer ever. I dont even go there to get LIFETIME oil change and car wash. He's face gives me creep.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

^ oh man that sucks, you should have told Don Herring or better yet send him a Pm he's on the boards and let him know how you were treated
Old Feb 4, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joon82
Wow Don herring Mits. I bought my car there.
Went there on Dec 22nd with me , bro, and one of my friend. I took them because they both bought their 350z by themselves and I have no experience buying car.
Drove two 350z(06 they bought it month ago). They thought we can not buy $35k car(we are all early 20s).
Salesman was ok(african american) But Manager! He got on to my friend's face (like 6 inch away) and shouted BUY THE CAR OR LEAVE!, WE HAVE FAMILY TO SEE. I went there on 22nd night(I'm ARMY so i got there on same day) Store closes at 9pm, we went there about 7pm. My friend bought STI just month ago so we checked out evos carefully. Manager started to *****ing us at 8:30.
Even without calling bank, He told us 9% interest with 736 credit score. Manager was really rude and I;m still thinking if I should call my lawyer and sue them for mental damage. It was worst experience I ever had in my 24 years of my life. We were treated different ( early 20s and we are asian) Now I can feel how african american were treated long time ago.
Making this story short, I called next day and talked to salesman. Salesman agreed his rudeness and he told me he's not here and different manager is working so come buy the car. They asked for $621 monthly first time($3000 down) THEN guess what dropped to $530. $91 difference. I still think I got ripped off by that same manager we saw day before. My interest got dropped to 6% after checking with banks.
The salesman who actually got us buying car was african american guy but credit went to Mr Wassel because he was the one that talked to us when we first got there.
I called Don Herring Mits(plano) about the car price after I got my car. They told me I could get extra $500 off (military service) and $500 (about to graduate) even with VIP program.
But Irving Mits said I'm buying car using VIP service and they cant give 2 $500 discount.

He's name was Marks. Theres 2 marks (finance manger and sale manager)
I was talking about sale manager.
Worst dealer ever. I dont even go there to get LIFETIME oil change and car wash. He's face gives me creep.
I read that like 3 times and still have no f-in clue what happened, where it happened, or what you bought. Do you have cliff notes?

I got my car from Jay at DH Plano, have been there for service every time, and seen Don and Don Jr at several NTEC meets and think very highly of the dealership. Every time I go to the Plano store, I end up talking to Charles Butler the entire time...nice to have a friendly face that recognizes you.

Anyway, yes, great guys!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

he is trying to say that he went there with his friends the first time got blown off, and went again with his sti buddy and the manager blew him offm then he just called and got to talk to a nice salesman and decided to get the car from him but he hates the dealershipp
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

I have to concure with the experience that Onall4s had. DH was great to deal with (I bought mine at the Irving store) and I will be getting my oil changes done there.

I definitely recommend them. Sorry about the experience you had Joon82. I'm sure Don will read this and be contacting you privately.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:16 PM

I was having some warranty issues with my car and sent Don a PM. About 35 minutes later the service manager called me to bring the car by to check it out. I didn't even buy my car there, and they were more than eager to help me out

Now that's what I call customer service
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

service manager from the irvng store? man i took my car there to let them check out my tranny cause it was hard to get into 1st and 3rd and reverse and they said it shifts beautifully and i let my dad drive it and he said it was hard to get into gear too so iunno
Old Feb 6, 2007, 03:45 PM

I got my car there. It was all in all a good experience. They definately had the best price around. They beat Lewisville Mitsu by $750 on a base IX. My salesman, Shedrick, was a good guy. As far as the rebates with the VIP program, it's right on the VIP paperwork that no other rebates may be applied. That being said maybe I just didn't push hard enough to get another $500. I have been in the Navy for 16 years and would've liked that too. But, getting the car for WELL below invoice isn't too shabby so I can't complain. I would recommend (and have) Don Herring in Irving to anyone.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

I called them up when i was getting my ACT installed and they offered to give me a pretty substanital discount on the labor when the factory unit went out at 13.650K miles. Went with a private garage because it was cheaper but I commend them for their professionalism. No other dealership would give me that offer, even Lewisville Mitsu where I bought the RS.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

I didnt goto plano because it was about hr drive. Its same Don herring so I went to irving dealership. 3 early 20s(age) pulled up to dealership, got blown off real bad by manager. Who would be happy if someone comes to your face and said " buy the car or just leave, we have family to see" It wasnt even time to close.
My bro bought 350z paying $550 no down with around 7% interest(total paying around 33k including tax and interest. Asked him I'm paying $4000 down payment and why is my payment still higher when car is cheaper than 350z?
I think he just gave us BS estimate because we are young asian boys. I have 739 credit score and he gave me 9% interest without calling or looking at computer.
What kind of BS is that.
I called Plano store next day, they said they have the same car(same color) but just too far and wanted to have car before christmas. I got call next day from sales man that that manager was BS too and said he;s not working today so come buy the car. I bought the car about 90dollars less(monthly than he told us at first)
Never got phone call from Don
never ever buy from them again.
I did went to Lewisville, their service is good but pricy.
I'm so mad that I'm giving up my lifetime oil change and carwash.
I would never recommand Don herring to anybody.
I'm sure that manager remember this.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

^ well the thing is with the lifetime oil change is that you get one free the next time you pay like 20 somethings bucks then its free then you pay but at 15k 30k and all the major mileage you have pay for some service work and the pirce goes up every 15k and one of the workers told me that if i dont do any of that then i will lose my warranty! i was like ????
Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Free oil changes

Just a reminder that you will not LOSE YOUR WARRANTY if you do not participate in the free oil changes for life program. The conditions of the NO-COST FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE program offered by Don Herring Mitsubishi are following the 3,000 mile interval based maintenance program and purchasing all of your tire rotations and major services from Don Herring Mitsubishi.

There is NO COST for this program and you are NOT OBLIGATED to participate in it. Everyone knows the importance of completing ALL OF THE SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE on a NEW or PREOWNED car.

Once again, the FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE PROGRAM has NOTHING to do with the manufacturer's warranty. If you have any questions, please contact our Service Manager, Stoney Burke, at (972)785-3100.

Thanks!

Mike Wassell
Internet Sales Manager
Don Herring Mitsubishi Irving
(972)785-3008