Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tuned yesterday at RS Motors - Burnsville, MN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merkzu
The problems have nothing to do with RS Motors, the place has a great reputation. I'm sure Ron did what he could with what he had to work with and is helping Chuck get his car running right.
Yep. Ron went way out of his way to help me out. Put my LICP back on after it popped off when we tried 21 psi. Ran home and grabbed a stock IX BOV for me to use and borrow until my Forge BOV is fixed.

I was scheduled for 2 hours on the dyno and ended up spending 5 hours getting my car to work as best as he could for the day while maintaining a reliable margin of safety to my engine.

Seems like a lot of shops would pull me off the dyno and tell me to fix my boost leak and move onto the next car. Ron was/is very determined to get my car to the level it should be at.

Last edited by Chukee_R; Jun 19, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I'm going back on the 30th. Stock BOV, AMS MBC, and T-Clamps on my intercooler piping.

Hopefully I can post up some more impressive numbers.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

2 weeks ago I was tuned and had some issues with a Forge Recirc BOV sealing improperly and allowing air to flow straight through, which made my car incapable of even building boost. I switched back to the Stock BOV and that took care of that problem.

Then we started noticing a dip in my boost between 4-5k. It would drop almost 2 lbs, then shoot back up and taper off like it should. I ordered the AMS MBC and some T-Bolt Clamps.

I got re-tuned again this weekend up here in the twin cities and put down 298AWHP and 278TQ. It was 87 degrees on the dyno during this pull.