Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Mellon Tune Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 08:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Cool Mellon Tune Review

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my pleasant experience with Chris at Mellon tuning. I can't say enough about Chris and the tune. First off, I've worked mainly in customer service for a good 3 years. I've dealt with about 70,000 people (yes seventy thousand! ), so I know a bit about what to do, and not to do. Chris exhibits great customer service. He responds quickly to emails and let's you know exactly what he's doing for each flash he sends. It's great! Other tuners I've dealt with in the past aren't as thorough or customer oriented as Chris.

With the previous tune (MBC 22psi ONLY)I had, my car completely felt underpowered, especially to my buddies evo (evom user "walker"). I did still have a bit of knock which was pulling timing.

Right now I've got a Buschur exhaust (tp/bullet muffler) with a Buschur intake and forge mbc set at about 22psi. It's a whole new animal! After some tweaking with Chris, my car pulls considerably much harder. Here's a graph of my previous tune compared to my new one through Chris with the new mods.

I can't say enough about Chris at Mellon tuning! In my opinion, he is HIGHLY recommended. He will work with you, until the tune is spot on. Most other vendors won't do that. They'll send you 1 or 2 email flashes, and that's it!

Thanks again Chris, and I hope to continue working with you in the future with my mod path! Keep up the great work!

-Brent
Old Nov 11, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great increase
Old Nov 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent work. It's amazing sometimes what just a tune can produce.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice power and congrats
Old Nov 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Been hearing a lot about this guy. See vids all over of his stuff.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
Been hearing a lot about this guy. See vids all over of his stuff.
You'll be hearing alot more about this guy for a long time to come!

Thanks guys!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

hey Brent welcome to the Mellon ARMY! I'm glad to see you're excited about the new found power, it's amazing what a few basic mods and a good tune will do for these cars!

Walker's car is strong as hell too especially being an IX... I'll set his rev limit to 5k on the next revision, that should tip the scales in your favor on the next fun run :

you've been a terrific customer to work with and I look forward to helping you with the furture mods so keep in touch and thanks for choosing Mellon Tuning!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I am a noobie to the Evo world. So to speak. The tuning side is very greek to me. I do have plans on getting the link cable and start doing some of my own tuning. My car has a wideband o2 in it. Previous owner did all his own tuning. Seems to run strong.

Mellon what kind of help do you offer? Is it something I need to pay for? Are your tunes locked? When I get the cable and all can you go through the tune and let me know what is good or bad. As stated I am sure there is a fee. Which is completely understandable.

Thanks for your time. As well if this is a hijack of the thread we can take it to PM's.

Figured some of this might interest other members.

thanks,
Owens
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
I am a noobie to the Evo world. So to speak. The tuning side is very greek to me. I do have plans on getting the link cable and start doing some of my own tuning. My car has a wideband o2 in it. Previous owner did all his own tuning. Seems to run strong.

Mellon what kind of help do you offer? Is it something I need to pay for? Are your tunes locked? When I get the cable and all can you go through the tune and let me know what is good or bad. As stated I am sure there is a fee. Which is completely understandable.

Thanks for your time. As well if this is a hijack of the thread we can take it to PM's.

Figured some of this might interest other members.

thanks,
Owens
hey Owens thanks for your interest, I wouldn't charge you to give you my opinion on your current tune.

no, I don't lock my tunes, it's your ECU, not mine

sent me a PM and we'll get things rolling

/end hijack
Old Nov 21, 2007, 03:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Mellon
Walker's car is strong as hell too especially being an IX... I'll set his rev limit to 5k on the next revision, that should tip the scales in your favor on the next fun run :
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:08 PM
Account Disabled

I guess he read the thread too, I haven't heard from him since then lol...he doesn't want that 5k rev limit