Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Billet Design NOT recommended...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Billet Design NOT recommended...

Unless you want to be jerked around and waste your time. Just want to give a brief summary of the crap they pulled so hopefully someone else can avoid the same situation. I made an appointment with Marco(BILLET DESIGN) over two weeks ago as he said he was busy for an upcoming show. I was understanding and he set the date for the 10th. We discussed what was to be done in detail. Tune, clutch, transfer case/ trans rebuild with the possibility of an FP Green install(which I am just thinking he never got back to me on). Dropped it off on Monday at noon and he said he would call me when he got off the dyno. Right off the bat he started questioning tuning it before the transfer case/ clutch, which should've been a big red flag to me. I said I wanted it tuned before the new clutch(to avoid the break in and having to return a second time) and asked for him to install a WGA as mine was acting up. After a day of no phone calls I tried calling him and kept getting the run around. Two days passed, nothing. He did finally call me later in the day and questioned me as to why I wanted the WGA installed before tuning and dynoing. Can you say red flag number two? After the third day had passed and no phone calls I call him at 6pm and demand to talk with him and get an answer on progress. I get a speech on how busy he is and he's talking to Japan. I just laughed and said he needs to call me. He still avoids me and has her call me to tell me they are just so busy. She then says he wants to know if he can just start removing the T/C & trans, but he wouldn't even start until the next day. Not even the WGA has been installed at this point. He said he couldn't get time on any dyno in the area for three days... LOL... I ended up just going to get the car. Now I have waisted 3 weeks on nothing. Not even the courtesy of a phone call from him. I have no idea how someone with his worth ethics can stay in business. Yeah I'm venting and yeah I'm pissed. I'm out time and money with no results. The car had $80 worth of race gas-just waisted My wife also had to miss work last night so we could make the 3 hour round trip unexpectedly to bring the car home. It wouldn't of been so bad if I hadn't waited over two weeks for the appointment in the first place. If he was so damn busy just say so in the first place so I could've taken it elsewhere. This type of sheat drives me crazy. So in short they had the car 3 days and didn't even touch it with an appointment. Follow that up with a complete lack of customer service and you have Billet Design. Sorry Marco, give someone no respect and get the same in return..................

Some may ask why I would post something like this and the answer is simple. To keep the public informed. If I was completely satisfied I would post how great of a job they did just like I did with TTP, KINGKYLE, AMS, & BUSCHUR recently. I conducted business with all of them recently and they all handled business professionally and promptly as would be expected. So, if someone failed to fulfill there end of the deal, I'll post that and inform everyone to proceed with caution. I'd love to add a little more, but this is where I log off and remain civil
Old Dec 14, 2007, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i know it may have been a bad experience for you, but, let me get this straight. you wanted a tune, transfer case/trans rebuild and possibly a turbo and wastegate install, and you only gave them 3 days to do it in. LOL. as a mechanic, i can tell you that even with an appointment, a major job like that,(unless you are swapping new parts), you would have to expect the car to be down for at least a week, possibly longer. shops do have more than one customer. i agree they should have been more honest about turn around time but, they want your car in their shop so they will say what you want to hear. and why the hell would you want a tune BEFORE the new parts are installed? everything would be tuned to the old parts and the new parts may throw the tune off. good luck with the car!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavens turbo
i know it may have been a bad experience for you, but, let me get this straight. you wanted a tune, transfer case/trans rebuild and possibly a turbo and wastegate install, and you only gave them 3 days to do it in. LOL. as a mechanic, i can tell you that even with an appointment, a major job like that,(unless you are swapping new parts), you would have to expect the car to be down for at least a week, possibly longer. shops do have more than one customer. i agree they should have been more honest about turn around time but, they want your car in their shop so they will say what you want to hear. and why the hell would you want a tune BEFORE the new parts are installed? everything would be tuned to the old parts and the new parts may throw the tune off. good luck with the car!

I think he was saying that the car has been there for three days, with an appointment, yet they haven't even touched it... at all.

And as for the tune. You just read that wrong. He wants the WGA install BEFORE the tune. He just wanted the car tuned on the old clutch so that the new one will have sufficient break in.

The point is, whats the since in setting up an appointment with your customers if you don't even get to the car for another THREE days... It's not part of the turn around time if the car has not even been touch yet.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:11 PM

tell the whole situation . you added other things to the repair order that needed done . and wanted some things for free for kind words on this forum. some customers need to look at it from outside eyes. i hope everything works out well on your car .im a dedicated drag racer and was looking forward to seing your car take the stock turbo record or just to go fast on any turbo
Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian, I don't know why you have not just contacted us to take care of your car. From what you described, it sounds like a job we could handle in about a day, depending on what time the car was dropped off.

Let me know if you are interested in getting this stuff taken care of over here.

TTP

P.S.- Brian never tried to obtain a discount for leaving a positive review of us.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
slowevo10- The whole situation was listed and Marco dropped the ball and had nothing but excuses. I'm sure I could ask Mike at USP if his dyno has been booked solid since Monday and make a quick call to Champion also, but there is no need. He wouldn't of been ready anyway as he never even installed the WGA. As for asking for free stuff, what are you talking about. I never asked for anything for free. At this point I'd pay double just so I don't get jerked around again. It is what it is. I only asked he be fair with me. He gave me the quote over the phone 3weeks ago. Yes, I added the WGA install and asked him to check the bleed valveson the new rotors. I too am looking forward to going to the track. I will probably just go next week and see how it does on a 93 tune. I'm guessing 11.3/119 depending on if it will let me shift......

TTP- I really considered you and still am, but I was trying to avoid the long drive to Orlando. I am going to let the holidays pass and make a few passes as the car sits. It runs great, but I thought Marco would have fun with a 110 race map. Oh well, his loss. I'll be in touch. Thanks for the offer.

howmuchforonerib- you are 100% correct. That was the point.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Dec 15, 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 06:13 AM

to clear up a couple key points...
the car was scheduled to remove the t-case and trans. and the car came in Mon. afternoon.
When I asked where the trailer was, You had told me that your friends trailer's tires were bad and you wouldn't trust your car on there after seeing it and told me to do what I have to do to store it.
I guarantee, that the tcase and trans would have been on the pallet packed ready to ship out by noon on monday.
When you showed up with the car on monday, you had asked me to tune it before we do the work even though I said that it would be hard to get the dyno and yes I called Chris @ USP and Champion to try to get on the dyno and I told you on tuesday that I was unable to so you asked me to try to dyno it within the next few days.
I do not know of many shop's that would store a car for a few weeks while the customer was having his tranny work done somewhere else. And yes I agreed to store it after you told me you were unable to bring it home.
On average my day starts at 10am and ends around 2-3am, When I scheduled the job, I was ready to get right on it when the car arrived. I informed you the next day that I was unable to dyno it and wanted to get started on the job it was here for. No hard feelings, sorry that you misunderstood.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rsturbo
the car was scheduled to remove the t-case and trans. and the car came in Mon. afternoon.
When I asked where the trailer was, You had told me that your friends trailer's tires were bad and you wouldn't trust your car on there after seeing it and told me to do what I have to do to store it.
I guarantee, that the tcase and trans would have been on the pallet packed ready to ship out by noon on monday.
When you showed up with the car on monday, you had asked me to tune it before we do the work even though I said that it would be hard to get the dyno and yes I called Chris @ USP and Champion to try to get on the dyno and I told you on tuesday that I was unable to so you asked me to try to dyno it within the next few days.
I do not know of many shop's that would store a car for a few weeks while the customer was having his tranny work done somewhere else. And yes I agreed to store it after you told me you were unable to bring it home.
On average my day starts at 10am and ends around 2-3am, When I scheduled the job, I was ready to get right on it when the car arrived. I informed you the next day that I was unable to dyno it and wanted to get started on the job it was here for. No hard feelings, sorry that you misunderstood.
If this is you marco, I understand. You never gave me any problems and you will more than likely be the only one touching my car. You can't please everyone.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

hey you can't fault the guys at billet lol like you said they said they were busy, and it appears that they don't have their own dyno, and you changed/added some things to your original appointment and or agreement. It actually seems that they were trying to help you out.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

this commonly happens... shops that can't service in house... demanding customers... It's bad cuz sometimes shops have to bend over backwards like one customers money is more valuable than anothers... Green is green. Sorry to hear about your expereince but from what it does sound like if all the parts were there all of that work could have been done in one day if that shop's schedule was completely clear... further more it's hard to find a shop that can fit you in that quickly. Lets be realistic scheduling on a customers part is a factor and managing customer expectations is a shop's responsibility.

so where is the middle ground? Communication I guess.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

This makes sense, its a shame you could not translate to the customer when the car was there.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

dam you only work from 10 t0 2 ?thatz crazy!
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

On average my day starts at 10am and ends around 2-3am,
Why don't you start your work hours earlier so you can get off earlier? I would start working around 7am. Sounds like a bad time management issue.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by version 2 beta
this commonly happens... shops that can't service in house... demanding customers... It's bad cuz sometimes shops have to bend over backwards like one customers money is more valuable than anothers... Green is green. Sorry to hear about your expereince but from what it does sound like if all the parts were there all of that work could have been done in one day if that shop's schedule was completely clear... further more it's hard to find a shop that can fit you in that quickly. Lets be realistic scheduling on a customers part is a factor and managing customer expectations is a shop's responsibility.

so where is the middle ground? Communication I guess.
Yea, i would just expect the customer to talk to me about the situation, was just misscommunication, I am very easy going and very accomodating. i'm not here to argue or anything
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
dam you only work from 10 t0 2 ?thatz crazy!
no not crazy that's dedication... lol...

Quick Reply: Billet Design NOT recommended...