Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Thanks to Matt and everyone at HMS Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to Matt and everyone at HMS Motorsport

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to Matt and everyone at HMS Motorsports. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I wanted to start prepping for next race season. Having autoX for the first time this past fall, I, along with most of the people here, have been bitten by the track bug. After having gotten a few laps under my belt, (no pun intended) I felt like I was slowly improving my driving technique. However, after a couple of laps in a friends car with harnesses, I realized the added benefit of having harnesses to hold you in thus allowing you to focus on driving instead of pinning yourself in the seat.

After tons of research (mostly through the info on this forum) I decided on Schroth. Through the recomendations I got on this site, I gave Matt a call. He, along with all the other guys at HMS were extremely helpful, honest, and all around a great company to deal with. They cut me a great deal on the harness and i recieved my order within a few short days.

I finally had the oppurtunity to have them installed today and could not be happier. I used his recomendation and mounted them to the rear seat belt anchors for convienance and because they would only be used in autoX (i have plans to get a cage when the funds become available)...The only problem I found was that the belts were a little short and therefore the rear seat bottom has to be unclipped to have enough slack to buckle in, but this is because of my size, mounting location, seating position and not the harness itself.

I definitely recommend getting the harness pads though because they do grip pretty tight into your neck. But the unevenness and slack will be solved one I get the bar. Just wanted to say thanks to those guys and I will definitely be using them in the future for any of my racing safety needs, and cannot speak highly enough about their service. If anyone here is considering anything regarding harnesses in the future, definitely give them a shout and I am sure they will take good care of you. Thanks again guys.

Ryan
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:43 AM
RT
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I'll 2nd that! Matt helped me out last week with belts too by calling the folks at NASA and clearing up some confusion over their (Schroth’s) “approved vehicle list” for the DOT approved harnesses. The “list” hasn’t been updated in some time and Evos have never been added, but Matt made a call to NASA for us and squared the problem away.