Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Hta green

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mona Lisa looks so sexy!
Old May 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Macaroni
You will be EXTREMELY happy with it! I almost want it more than my red! haha
don't lie
Old May 18, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

well im in california now, actually im sitting in the lobby at Muellerized getting my super baller suspension done. I have my appt at roadrace at 9pm tonight. After puting 3k miles on this Green i must say it is so freakin awesome! Did my usual spirited driving thru the local mountain roads here and it feels as tho i have faster turbo response than my stocker. As soon as gas turned to 91 from 93 on my trip, i couldnt WOT without knocking the whole time.. I richened and retarded my map and its better but tonight i'll have my first real tune ever, stay tuned for the results!!!
Old May 18, 2010, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

I'm gonna be honest and speak the truth I went threw three turbo the stock,red,and the newest the black...My red turbo was by far my favorite turbo of the bunch as far as the black goes waste of time and response wasn't that great...My regret was when I sold the red to get the black i should have went with the hta green it's a sick lil street sweeper turbo it has it all nasty spool up,lots of tq,and some nice top end to go with the mix..I think for the stock frame turbo's the hta green is a hard stock frame turbo to beat expecialy with the combo you got tubular manifold,porting,and a o2 dump nice part combo!!!
Old May 18, 2010, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

[quote=1slowassevo;8318704]

I'm gonna be honest and speak the truth I went threw three turbo the stock,red,and the newest the black...

My red turbo was by far my favorite turbo of the bunch as far as the black goes waste of time and response wasn't that great...

My regret was when I sold the red to get the black i should have went with the hta green it's a sick lil street sweeper turbo it has it all nasty spool up,lots of tq,and some nice top end to go with the mix..

I think for the stock frame turbo's the hta green is a hard stock frame turbo to beat expecialy with the combo you got tubular manifold,porting,and a o2 dump nice part combo!!
Old May 18, 2010, 11:11 AM

I also installed my hta green a couple weeks ago and got it road tuned last weekend. My supporting mods are below. I'm only boosting at 17psi b/c i have stock injectors but i freakin love the how the hta pulls all the way to redline. 4th gear pull is ridicilous!! I'm coming from a stock evo 8 turbo so crzy spool is all new for me. Hopefully i can pick up some 1200cc injectors so i can bring the psi up to 20-24 range. other than that i am reallly happy i picked a HTA green!! GO GREEN
Old May 18, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm convinced, the green it is for me
Old May 18, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spoolinallthewa
I also installed my hta green a couple weeks ago and got it road tuned last weekend. My supporting mods are below. I'm only boosting at 17psi b/c i have stock injectors but i freakin love the how the hta pulls all the way to redline. 4th gear pull is ridicilous!! I'm coming from a stock evo 8 turbo so crzy spool is all new for me. Hopefully i can pick up some 1200cc injectors so i can bring the psi up to 20-24 range. other than that i am reallly happy i picked a HTA green!! GO GREEN
oh man wait til u get to boost more. I cant wait to be tuned later tonight! I brought 10 gallons of 93 oct here with me so im getting tuned with that. I hope i can still drive it hard when i have to fill up with 91 again
Old May 18, 2010, 11:54 AM
Account Disabled

I know two people who have this turbo and they love it..The black turbo was the biggest waste of time and money..

Last edited by 1slowassevo; May 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

The only reason i didn't get the Red is because i autox and canyon drive religiously and u can really feel the 400rpm spool difference with those circumstances. But now that i have the HTA Green i didnt know it was going to make the same power as the red! Like i said earlier, i walked a red and i was untuned with less boost. I still dont understand how tho, i guess we'll see wat the dyno says.... Even tho i think dyno numbers are redundant
Old May 18, 2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
oh man wait til u get to boost more. I cant wait to be tuned later tonight! I brought 10 gallons of 93 oct here with me so im getting tuned with that. I hope i can still drive it hard when i have to fill up with 91 again
yea man i can't wait to boost at least 22 psi. I mean im only at 17 psi cant imagine higher haha!! Are you used to that whistle when driving normally?
Old May 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That little whistle sounds sick! Sounds like a big diesel turbo on it lol
Old May 18, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

my whistle is very quiet, yes its normal with the 84mm housing. Its way better than the extra loud hissssssss from the stocker... Im glad i drive around town now with no boost and not have to here my bov like the stocker also...
Old May 18, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
I'm gonna be honest and speak the truth I went threw three turbo the stock,red,and the newest the black...My red turbo was by far my favorite turbo of the bunch as far as the black goes waste of time and response wasn't that great...My regret was when I sold the red to get the black i should have went with the hta green it's a sick lil street sweeper turbo it has it all nasty spool up,lots of tq,and some nice top end to go with the mix..I think for the stock frame turbo's the hta green is a hard stock frame turbo to beat expecialy with the combo you got tubular manifold,porting,and a o2 dump nice part combo!!!
should have went 2.3 or 2.4 dont hate on the black lol. i had a red but we shall see what the black will do on my setup i might pick up a green just to see what its all about and sell the one i could care less for but he black is a beast spool will not be like the hta green but its good enough.

btw thanks for the support and picking up the MONA hommie
Old May 18, 2010, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

ive been getting nothing but compliments from my cali friends for the Mona I've had that thing bright red every night in the canyons haha. when u shine a light on it at night it looks like melting plastic

Quick Reply: Hta green