Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

WORKS Croxx Plate II review.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WORKS Croxx Plate II review.

I just installed a WORKS Croxx Plate II today. Or rather I dropped down to WORKS to see if they could test fit it on my RMR dp setup. They test fit it on and if it doesnt fit there is no commitment to buy. I wanted to use that offer so I wouldnt have any issues returning it if it didnt line up to my chassis. I told them my concern for having them test fit was if my chassis had tweaked enough where the holes wouldnt line up I didnt want to be stuck with it.
They did a test fit with my RMR dp. The plate needed to be spaced out, so instead of using spacers we agreed that using some nuts would be a better solution to avoid any potential flexing since the nuts are threaded on there. I will get some pics up when I can of the setup.
Had this been able to sit flush with the frame this unit would work better Im sure, but the nice thing is this also acts as a skid plate. Its way beefier than what I had imagined in the pics. Driving it around the usual bumpy roads I can tell the evo takes the bumps a bit better with it and front end feels more solid. It also only hangs a bit lower than my dp and when going up steep driveways and speed bumps I had no issues.
Overall its a nice piece and would recommend to try it out. Track reviews of this coming soon.

iphone pics, sorry not that clear.

Last edited by TommiM; May 15, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad you had to use spacers. I can just imagine scooping up alot of snow with that on my Evo in winter! My RMR K-bar already has a bunch of wear where the bar bends down to fit the downpipe. But that WORKS piece looks very nice though.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rsboy
Too bad you had to use spacers. I can just imagine scooping up alot of snow with that on my Evo in winter! My RMR K-bar already has a bunch of wear where the bar bends down to fit the downpipe. But that WORKS piece looks very nice though.

Ya, Im doing a rebuild on my evo. Part of that project is a new dp exhaust setup that will flow for my power levels yet clear the plate WITHOUT spacers.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

How does this work with a Beat Rush under tray installed?

How does this work with a Beat Rush under tray installed on a evo 8?

http://www.kamispeed.com/BEATRUSH-Al...br.s530570.htm

I am also about to install a AFI turbo kit with vband downpipe: will it clear this as well?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryukinevo
How does this work with a Beat Rush under tray installed on a evo 8?

http://www.kamispeed.com/BEATRUSH-Al...br.s530570.htm
It should; I ran both in an Evo IX
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
What's the benefit of this part again?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Anyone? Bueller?

Is this just chassis stiffness?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
Anyone? Bueller?

Is this just chassis stiffness?
Chassis stiffness + skid plate. It will act like a stress skin now that all 5 points are all connected. I think when I upgrade my suspension, I'll get this as well to get make the car stiffer.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sabrinaEvo
Chassis stiffness + skid plate. It will act like a stress skin now that all 5 points are all connected. I think when I upgrade my suspension, I'll get this as well to get make the car stiffer.
i would really like to run this croxx plate without any spacers. everything else unchanged, when i went back out to the track (thunderhill),my mph down thd straight was 122,vs 124 mph. it seemed to not get up to my usual speed of 124 down the long straight as i usually do. i did find i was having engine issues later in the day, but i am wondering if running this plate with spacers causes that much drag.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
How heavy is this piece? Are you also running a front undertray in conjunction with this plate?

I ask because if one was not doing so then drag could easily be created under the front of the car.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deylag
How heavy is this piece? Are you also running a front undertray in conjunction with this plate?

I ask because if one was not doing so then drag could easily be created under the front of the car.
I think this in conjunction with even the factory under tray wouldn't cause much drag. If spacers are installed, then you might be running into drag issues since it'd become like a scoop
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deylag

i havent weighed it yet. its not heavy at all but it is sturdy. im running oem undertray which i modified to be attached with screws instead of those plastic push pins. its easier to remove now and it is mounted a bit more solid too because of that.
like i said it could have been do to my engine slowly giving out that day. Next track event i will take it off and compare. either way i have plans to mount this flush along with making a custom underpanel to cover the bottom of the whole car.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
i havent weighed it yet. its not heavy at all but it is sturdy. im running oem undertray which i modified to be attached with screws instead of those plastic push pins. its easier to remove now and it is mounted a bit more solid too because of that.
like i said it could have been do to my engine slowly giving out that day. Next track event i will take it off and compare. either way i have plans to mount this flush along with making a custom underpanel to cover the bottom of the whole car.
Nice. Then you can make the JDM rear's diffuser actually work (if you have one).
And I don't think it should weigh that much either since it's made from Al.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great chassis stiffness from an awesome manufacturer.