Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Another satisfied Spec-Ops Motorsports tuned Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another satisfied Spec-Ops Motorsports tuned Evo

So I just transferred from Cali to North Carolina and couldnt wait to drive my evo as we drove my wife's car across country. I have a few basic mods and a tune from Cali and was making 315 whp on 93. Now I wasnt sure if it was the 100+ degree heat or the humidity but the drivability of my car was insane. I mean this thing was bucking like crazy if I went anything below 20 mph, idle was rough and would go close to stalling and just driving wise the car wasnt driving the same. I had been talking with Matt from Spec-Ops over here about doing a clutch job for me when I came over and I got a good vibe from him. I am a somewhat noob to the Evo so I had alot of questions but every pm was answered in details. I decided to wait with the clutch and get another tune on my car plus a new LICP and exhaust manifold. I mean I am not one to stroke off anybody but honestly I mean from start to finish of dealing with these guys it was pure PROFESSIONALISM!!! You know the feeling you get when you go to a shop and you are asking questions or just regular convo and the ppl are kinda giving you the vibe like "F***king noob, just hurry up stop asking questions" but I mean it was nothing like that.

Well I dropped off my car and got the parts installed and the tune and WOW! I drove back from fayetteville to jacksonville with no issues and been loving the tune ever since. Made more power and my gas mileage is so much better, definately going to be saving some money in the long run. Will be heading back up there real soon to get some more work done.

Hats off to these guys here and I mean we all care about power and tq when it comes on to tuning but sometimes in life its the little things that you never forget.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cant go wrong with Matt and the guys. they are pretty good at what they do. i definitely trust them. just wish i was closer lol
Old Aug 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spec-Ops is good people.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:50 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the kind words sir, and we are glad you are pleased with your new parts and tune!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you. Matt is a great person and I'm glad you are happy. We do have a great group of guys here and we are all more than willing to help each and every evo owner in the community. Let us know if you ever need any help with anything brother.

btw vmrevo9 Freddie is close to you

Mikey
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Good people at Spec-Ops
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks buddy!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:04 PM

These guys won't steer you wrong. That's where my Evo will always be going. Great customer service and always supporting the military folks. Spec Ops Motorsport FTW.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the review and the rest of you guys support. We've been working long hours to keep up with our work. We appreciate it!

-Matt