Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their ABS plastic products fit excellent, but CF products are a hit or miss. My CF fender vent wouldn't stay on because the 3M tape needed to bend the piece by almost 2cm. My cf hood vents needed sanding and a hammer to get them in properly not to mention the CF yellowing and bubbling after exposure to heat. You get what you pay for sometimes, but definately give Derek a PM. Products are soso, but customer service is top notch
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh boy, I just bought an A-pillar based on the satisfactory reviews on here... Hope I don't get a bad batch.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sux man sorry to Hear
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

99% of the people out there bashing Rexpeed products probably never contacted Derek about the problem

it's the combination of service, value, and quality that make Rexpeed a good choice. they've shipped faster than some American CF companies, are easier to contact, reasonable prices (i'm sorry I'll never pay JDM prices on a hood scoop or fender vent - that's a manifold, exhaust, injectors, etc)

if you want top notch 100% fitment, you need to wake up. Nothing aftermarket molded is 100%
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

I have contacted Derek and we are working things out, great customer service Mods you can close this thread.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

You should always try to work it out with the vendor before bashing them publicly.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

First of all I did a review on what I had bought, second I didn't even know we had a rexpeed vendor on here or else I would of contacted him first
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lankid23
First of all I did a review on what I had bought, second I didn't even know we had a rexpeed vendor on here or else I would of contacted him first
I didn't know he was on here either, it's just common courtesy. You could have called the company to begin with.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thegoodservant
I didn't know he was on here either, it's just common courtesy. You could have called the company to begin with.
this is the exact reason i PMed him from another thread : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...sh-trim-5.html but the damage had been done there are alot of vendors on here people don't know about, i was surprised when i found a few i wasn't expecting.
i understand conducting a review but if it is a negative one you have to be careful because its an open opportunity for any one with negative opinions to flame and bash.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i give rexpeed AAA+++. i bought a carbon lip and it came in 2 pieces. i emailed them and they sent me a new one the next week. i installed it on the bumper and fitment is 100% great. i couldnt be happier.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

like i said guys maybe i did a mistake by making the review so negative but the issue is fixed and me and Derek have come to a agreement, great guy
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I have purchased 2 products from them, one is my vortex generator (2years ago) and one is my hood scoop(3weeks ago).
Both item has a great fitment and finish. They did Arrived on time and nicely packed. Was no issue with the install either.
I bought them through this forum directly and it wasnt even discounted any more what probably anybody one can get from here.

Rob.

Ps sorry to hear you have a problem with they product.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Apr 24, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I have purchased many products from Rexpeed most good but some not great. Honestly Ive bought alot of cf parts through different companies and none of them were perfect thats just expected. What didnt fit from Rexpeed Derek had no problem helping me out with any problem! As far as the dual gauge pod I have it and its a little uneven and I used a small file to open up the holes for my gauges and now its fine imo.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:56 AM

I've had great experience w/ rexpeed, ordered a part on a tuesday, paid for the express shipping and got it on the following monday, part was not bad quality aswell
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

it doesn't matter how good customer service is, there is no excuse for a large, highly reputable company to be shipping out ANY defective products, period. This thread was justified.
What I saw in those pictures was horrific. How the heck can they expect to get away with that? False advertising and the item, IMO, was completely defective. You're paying the money because you thought an expert out there did the dirty work, got the exact measurements and fitted it for you, when in fact, you have to do that yourself. Might as well have just made one yourself.

If you bought a program for your PC that was advertised to work on windows, how would you feel if you had to re-program it in order for it to run at all?

Dereck is a good guy for giving the $$ back; i'm not bashing him, i'm just questioning the leadership and poor decision-making of this company

Last edited by jeffo24; Apr 25, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last