Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their "cf" is more flimsy than 2 pieces of paper taped together. Their customer service is sub par. I wouldn't take their **** unless they gave it to me for free. I would then turn it around and just sell it to someone dumb enough to buy it. I know I was once stupid enough to buy it.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bought several items from Rexpeed over the last few years and every experience has been great. I am actually surprised at the negative comments in this thread as they have been one of the better vendors I have dealt with. And from what I have seen, Derek will take care of you if there is some kind of issue.
Also I would guess that they are not a "large company" as someone else stated.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah they aren't a wal-mart, but in our eyes (evo community) they are huge, and ppl throw way too much money at them for them to be pulling this

Instead of trashing the "bad batch", they knowingly sold it to loyal customers, only returning money to people who had enough fight in them to cause a stir. Bad business morals.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

I had a vortex generator (IX) shipped from them and it came with some damage. They got another unit out in the mail promptly.

To be fair, NEITHER of them had a very good paint match (Electric Blue) and the gurney flap they sent didnt fit without modification (cutting it to the proper size/shape) and fell off a week later on the freeway.

Positives: Cheap and they sent out a replacement

Negatives: Cheap and they have to send out replacements because their QC is garbage.

On a side note: I wonder where the break even point is between having to send 2 of every product due to poor quality, and simply making a better product. Obviously the profit margin is over 50% per unit because if it was 49% then it would make more sense to simply make a better product the first time around.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
I had a vortex generator (IX) shipped from them and it came with some damage. They got another unit out in the mail promptly.

To be fair, NEITHER of them had a very good paint match (Electric Blue) and the gurney flap they sent didnt fit without modification (cutting it to the proper size/shape) and fell off a week later on the freeway.

Positives: Cheap and they sent out a replacement

Negatives: Cheap and they have to send out replacements because their QC is garbage.

On a side note: I wonder where the break even point is between having to send 2 of every product due to poor quality, and simply making a better product. Obviously the profit margin is over 50% per unit because if it was 49% then it would make more sense to simply make a better product the first time around.
^exactly. Not to mention all the products they give out for free due to refunds.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Edited my first post guys!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

i have to agree with the bashing here.. i have never gone with rexspeed nor will i probably ever.... but these cars aren't cheap i paid 42k for mine and i can tell you that i want the BEST top quality parts to still make it look like it's 42k or more, i can't deal with any issues of fitment or anything like that, i went with AMI-Customs i would recommend checking them out and talk to Andrew. I am just saying that to me Fitment is paramount wether it is with a front CF lip ( go with APR highly recommended from vividracing.com talk with Dado)or just a guage pod/pillar, fitmet and quality to me is worth is. I will pay more for a better product. Sorry rexspeed just doesn't do it for me. If there prodcuts were made better from the get go then it would be great it doesn't matter how good thier customer service is.... customer service could be horrible if thier products were AWESOME, but in this case it is vise versa.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:58 PM

i had very bad experience with rexspeed, did it once, never again....
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lankid23
Glad everything worked out for you and yes Derek is a great customer service rep and valued member of the community. However great customer service doesn't make up for the cheap crap that Rexpeed peddles.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I bought a bunch of pieces from Derek and there were problems but in the end I got what I paid for to be honest. Fitment was Tolerable but in the end I only kept using 2 of 4 pieces because of fitment.

Derek is awesome.

CF pieces from Rexpeed not so awesome.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:31 AM

I agree customer service doesn't mean squat if the products fit terrible. If 2 out of 10 people are happy with the product, I don't care if his service is great. I won't buy products that have bad quality reviews.

As consumers, we need to stop buying crap and expect quality.
Quit buying parts just because its cheap.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

how do they even measure this CF stuff? It's an insult to our (customers') intelligence. An 8th grader could do better than that. I wonder if they even look at it before they advertise it.. they don't test fit it, that's for sure.

Last edited by jeffo24; Apr 27, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thought people would know this by now. That's why I just work hard to get the good stuff, do it the right way.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Wow I'm shocked I ordered few stuff from Derek and never had a problem, fitment, quality top notch I guess sometimes sh@& happens.
I'm actually ready to buy something else but need more money lol
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:36 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by lankid23
how do you like your CF hood scoop?
I was thinking about getting that and some fender vents lol

definitely going to stay away from the A pillar stuff...

Quick Reply: My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last