Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Worst shop/tuning experience ever, Need a new tuner/shop ( live in NY )

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
It sucks that we have to turn away cars these days, but with the situation that exists with these cars we have no choice, and being busy with other stuff makes it a no brainer.
I still tune a ton of evos but I do my research and check it out before it ever gets to the shop, I dont need the headaches of trying to fix a car that has mechnaical issues when it was supposedly ready for the dyno.

The car was completely taken apart and rebuilt by tach, so if there was some sort of mechanical issue it would be on them. But there never was a mechanical issue, the plugs just weren't gapped correctly.

In this case it sounds like a disconnect and some amount of miscommunication as the owner was not present he sent a 3rd party, and the owner of tach spoke to you seperately from the tuner who isnt a full time employee there.....................With that signals are bound to get crossed.

Miscommunication isn't the issue here, the issues were very simple from start to finish. My car was pulled off the dyno due to "bad coils" which in reality were just the gap of the plug. My car also originally had a very disgusting base map that was barely drivable.
The car was tuned with way too much boost, 30,31psi on my logs, on pump gas. Cold start was never tuned properly which he was told to do both times on the dyno. Theres a lot more to get into which was covered in my earlier posts, so i won't go over them again.

The other thing I am noticing which has turned me off, is no matter the effort, some customers always think you are against them and dont realize you are only trying to help, budget and maturity level seem to have ALOT to do with how people respond when there are issues.

Actually i was extremely nice and professional when i discussed these issues with tach about my experience with them, and I'm sure nancy could confirm that. But me discussing the issues with them isn't going to really do anything now is it? But when issues like mine get made public, then obviously tuners/shops are more likely to change their ways. When you speak of maturity level did you read juniors responses on this thread? Is that what you call mature? In my eyes he came off as a cocky tuner putting all the blame on the customer and his parts and none on himself. But if he was mature about the situation he could of just stated the facts in a similar way that i did.

Sean
'

Responded in the bold.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
It sucks that we have to turn away cars these days, but with the situation that exists with these cars we have no choice, and being busy with other stuff makes it a no brainer.
I still tune a ton of evos but I do my research and check it out before it ever gets to the shop, I dont need the headaches of trying to fix a car that has mechnaical issues when it was supposedly ready for the dyno.

In this case it sounds like a disconnect and some amount of miscommunication as the owner was not present he sent a 3rd party, and the owner of tach spoke to you seperately from the tuner who isnt a full time employee there.....................With that signals are bound to get crossed.

The other thing I am noticing which has turned me off, is no matter the effort, some customers always think you are against them and dont realize you are only trying to help, budget and maturity level seem to have ALOT to do with how people respond when there are issues.

Sean
Unfortunately what Sean has said is correct-

Many cars come in and arent as described which causes complications- and the shops end up looking like the bad guys-

cb
Old Nov 7, 2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD
Unfortunately what Sean has said is correct-

Many cars come in and arent as described which causes complications- and the shops end up looking like the bad guys-

cb
I agree, but that still has nothing to do with what happened lol. Listen I understand if you guys are all friends, which Is most likely the case judging by the responses you and Sean gave after he was obviously losing in his debate on my car situation. But what is done is done, i already have a new tuner so lets leave it like that.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 05:58 AM

Just a little update, car was retuned and runs extremely well now. Big thanks tscomp for delivering, can't wait to see what it does with some better cams and e85.
Attached Thumbnails Worst shop/tuning experience ever, Need a new tuner/shop ( live in NY )-image.jpg  
Old Jan 9, 2015, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Glad you got your car in order and running better.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Glad you got your car in order and running better.
thanks, gonna go for 550whp on 93 once i do the cams, should be fun.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
NP Chris! Better cams will definitely help you out a lot more. The HKS are really mild cams.