Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Saikou Michi custom catch/breather can review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Saikou Michi custom catch/breather can review

I recently sold my 2006 STI which I had owned for over 10 years and had built up into a 760 HP drag car, to pursue my interest towards seeing what I could do with the EVO platform. After purchasing a 2003 EVO 8 in the spring, I began putting together a build plan, along with the list of parts I would need to build a 9 second drag car over the next few years. Naturally for such a build, I was extremely selective when choosing the parts/brands for my build which is crucial to its quality and reliability. Additionally, I also have extremely attention to detail, and am very strict about the quality and finish of my products……..

Upon creating my build plan, a custom catch/breather can from Saikou Michi, co was one of the first few products that I ordered. Let me tell you from the very beginning that I could not be happier with the product, and customer service. When I first contacted Saikou Michi regarding my build, and my interest/needs for a custom dual catch/breather can setup, they allowed me to provide very detail specifications, and were able to build what I wanted to my exact requirements in only a week or so’s time.

The configuration consist of a PCV catch can that runs between the PCV valve and intake manifold on the backside of the valve cover, while the second breather can runs off of the fitting that comes off the right side of the valve cover. The reason I requested this type of setup is to capture the oil residue produced by the factory PCV system, while still maintaining enough breathing capability to support up to 35-40 psi towards the peak of my build.

Upon arrival of my products the quality and finish of them is superior. Included were a selection of different brackets for me to use depending on where I wanted to mount the cans. I selected the back firewall for the PCV catch can, and mounted the breather can where my oem washer fluid reservoir was located. Mounting in these locations provide the shortest hose/route and should result in the peak efficiency/performance of the system.

All is all I have to say that Saikou Michi definitely produces one of the best breather/catch can systems (both for quality and functionality), not to mention best-in-class customer service. I will definitely be a customer for life.

Thank you Saikou Michi, Co!

Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
definitely best catch cans out there. its a real catch can available in custom configurations at a great price.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a set on the way as well.

Any reason you opted for the one vented can vs closed?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 05:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
So it can breathe enough at high boost around 30-40psi
Old Sep 20, 2015, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 0to140in9
So it can breathe enough at high boost around 30-40psi
Let me know how it works out.

Ill be running 2 sealed cans around 35psi.