Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Want me to add in Launch Control?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah yeah, Jeske was right.. We will see if it all works though.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

I have launch control!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeaaaaah!!!!! Thanks to all that offered help, and to Dustin and Jeske for giving me the right answer.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shiv, can you add lc/nlc table to my map.. also, having 7 tables, does that mean I will not be able to store two maps in the xede? thanks...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
100_v1.1.zip (1.2 KB, 9 views)
Old Aug 29, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

^^
Old Aug 29, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Download the SMART maps w/launch control.....zero the smart maps then move your numbers over to their respective maps....15 minutes tops.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:40 PM

Can anyone give me a stage 0+ map with launch control? Thanks. I'm having problems converting my map because I was not v3, and when I try to convert the v2 map, the boost table has more parameters than the map I'm copying from. I don't know what my problem is but I'm confused.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

E-mail sent.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 01:17 AM

You're the man.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 09:50 PM

OK, I finally updated the firmware to 3.2 and am running fine on a 1+ 91oct map set. I added a Launch Control map to it and moved the clutch sensor wire from the ecu harness (light green wire) to the black xede harness plug as pin 1. I tested the clutch with the maps open on xmap and was able to verify that the clutch sensor was reading into the xede fine while the car key was in the on position (getting either 0% or 102% readings on the tables). I tired to star the car to for some road testing, but it wouldn't start! Am I missing something? How do I get the clutch signal back into the ECU to allow the car to start if I moved the signal to the xede?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you sure you got the right light green wire?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 07:55 AM

I'm 99% sure I got the correct light green wire. It was on the yellow connector located second from the right into the bottom of the ECU. The wire was the only light green wire on the same side as the white wire release tab. Located 4th from the right into the top, next to the empty wire hole in the connector. When I fed it into the xede black plug as pin 1, the xmap software was able to read the clutch switch position fine. I bought the xede back in sept 2004 so is it possible that my harness outdated and is missing some other wire that feeds the signal back into the car, or can I simply splice into this light green wire and feed the signal into the ecu and the xede at the same time?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

i think you need to tap into that wire, not remove it and plug it into the XEDE...the ECU still needs to read that signal...you are just tapping into it so the XEDE can read it as well
Old Oct 6, 2005, 01:00 PM

I spliced into the clutch switch wire and am now able to start the car. Thanks for the help EvoTagger! But now I'm running into another problem. I'm at version 3.2 without the SMART setup and tried to modify the base 2003 V390/SMART-disabled (91 octane) map for launch control. I guess I made a bad map because the car studders pretty hard with the slightest touch of the throttle, like fuel cut is kicking in above 1000rpm (it actually seems to be trying to build boost according to my guage)....

In any case, does anyone have a standard V390 91 octane SMART-disabled map set with Launch Control I can run?

here's pics of my launch control map and the map Summary Info if you're interested in debugging my failures..
(notice output variable Freq0Out is referenced twice for smart fuel and launch control calcs.. hmmm..)

edited 2:06pm: I figured it out!! I changed the variables so that the SMART fuel map has a soft-output of user4 which is an input into the Lauch Control map that controls the real-output Freq0Out value. All is well
Attached Thumbnails Want me to add in Launch Control?-launch-map1.jpg   Want me to add in Launch Control?-properties1.jpg  

Last edited by Bernardio; Oct 6, 2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

I need a Stage Zero Plus map on 93 octane and 100 octane, with launch control. If possible email to silvia_suspect@hotmail.com
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by midnightsuns
I need a Stage Zero Plus map on 93 octane and 100 octane, with launch control. If possible email to silvia_suspect@hotmail.com
I'll send you those in a few minutes.

Quick Reply: Want me to add in Launch Control?