Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Very promising....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Very promising....

Here's a little something we tested this past week. In shop temps were well over 100F so absolute numbers are lower than what they'd be on a more reasonable day. However, the 03 Evo below had a 3" cat, NOT a test-pipe. It also had 264/272 camshafts, NOT straight 280s. Stock intercooler and pipes as well. With the exception of the bolt-on turbo, it is a basic Stg 1+ with SMART. It outperformed, even in the heat, every 20G we've tested, 5 blade or 6 blade. Before we announce specs on the turbo, we'll do some more testing (on high oct race gas). We don't need yet another premature turbo-of-the-week hype fest, do we? For now, things look very promising.

WHP and Torque (91oct and 95oct)

Boost and AFR (91oct and 95oct)

AFRs were kept very rich due to horribly hot conditions. Still made great power though.

-shiv
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very nice, you need a "tester" You let me know! I will follow this. Keep up the good work.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Was the tuning done with the xede?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Yep.. all tuning was done with XEDE w/smart and XEDEflash. Stock injectors as well. No beta testers need yet. First things first...

Shiv
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers on the mustang. Dynojet #s equivalent would be ???. 10.5 cm hotside? waiting on those turbo specs.......
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

They're done on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, not a mustang. On a dynojet, i'd expect to see another 12% or so. I'm most pleased with the fact that this turbo seems to makes more power on pump gas than the stock turbo. In other words, it's not just a race gas turbo. I'm really eager to see what it'll do with race gas/meth. That'll tell us its ultimate hp potental. I don't expect it to be like a 3071 when running full tilt boggie. But it could be a nice bolt-on upgrade for those who want more power without sacrificing spool-up.

-shiv
Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I don't expect it to be like a 3071 when running full tilt boggie. But it could be a nice bolt-on upgrade for those who want more power without sacrificing spool-up.

-shiv
The 3071 is quite disappointing on race from what I remember. I predict that this is an Evo 9 turbo of some form.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
The 3071 is quite disappointing on race from what I remember. I predict that this is an Evo 9 turbo of some form.
They are making what was predicted look at noize recent results
Old Jun 25, 2006, 03:58 PM

I want to give Shiv a really big thank you for the incredible tune on my car. The day of the tune was one of the hottest days of that week for the Bay Area. All I kept thinking about was how bad the numbers were going to turn out. Shiv said that although the numbers would not be high because of the conditions, he assured me that the tune itself would be fine. I felt so bad for him as he was installing the XEDE during the afternoon with outside temperature in Blackhawk at over 100°F. All I can say is that after witnessing Shiv firsthand spend the time to thoroughly tune the car throughout the blazing afternoon until everything was absolutely complete, his dedication to his work and his customer service is without a doubt second to none. As you can see, we were both very suprised with the final results of the tune!

Driving the car this past weekend has been an absolute blast. Although I must admit that I had been hesitant to modify the car for quite some time, the service and support from Vishnu has made this a very smooth transition.

Shiv, I am finding out more information about obtaining the recommended race gas. Once I have it in hand, I'll make an appointment to have the race gas tune.

Thanks again to Shiv and everyone at Vishnu!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by IE Evo
BaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAAh!!111
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207965
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:01 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
On topic, that run #20 has a TME like 93 octane curve.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
I stand corrected. I read your most recent thread and if I had to do it all over again the 3071 option would be highly considered. 409 whp on a DD is no joke. I expect an 11.4 at 120 mph from u Seth. BR 20G LOLLOLLOLLOL! Congrats!
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Hey shiv,

Whenever you get a chance, can you send me my graphs from last week? Dunno if you got my pm'S
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NEO-EVO
I want to give Shiv a really big thank you for the incredible tune on my car. The day of the tune was one of the hottest days of that week for the Bay Area. All I kept thinking about was how bad the numbers were going to turn out. Shiv said that although the numbers would not be high because of the conditions, he assured me that the tune itself would be fine. I felt so bad for him as he was installing the XEDE during the afternoon with outside temperature in Blackhawk at over 100°F. All I can say is that after witnessing Shiv firsthand spend the time to thoroughly tune the car throughout the blazing afternoon until everything was absolutely complete, his dedication to his work and his customer service is without a doubt second to none. As you can see, we were both very suprised with the final results of the tune!

Driving the car this past weekend has been an absolute blast. Although I must admit that I had been hesitant to modify the car for quite some time, the service and support from Vishnu has made this a very smooth transition.

Shiv, I am finding out more information about obtaining the recommended race gas. Once I have it in hand, I'll make an appointment to have the race gas tune.

Thanks again to Shiv and everyone at Vishnu!

I love the first item on the mod list: turbo
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say it's a TME9. If so, it's about d@mn time.