Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The meet last night was dope! About 13 of us showed up and 3 of them were tens. Props to Third for bringing out his trophie car.

You got an evo, bring it out. If you see us, join us.

phone pics

Last edited by GraphiteMRevo; Sep 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteMRevo
The meet last night was dope! About 13 of us showed up and 3 of them were tens. Props to Third for bringing out his trophie car.

You got an evo, bring it out. If you see us, join us.

phone pics
Third still has his MR? i thought he sold it by now...good turn out wish i was there...
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:24 AM

haha, cool meet. i was the random guy that just walked in before my evo friends finally came.
you guys have some niceeeeeeeeeeeeee rides.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am jealous nao...
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I forgt to mention that superk1980 did a great job getting us together. If it wasn't for him and his timing it wouldn't happen.

Yes Third still got his evo, I don't think he can live without one!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

I was there also. good turnout
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, great turn-out!! Hopefully we could keep this up.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

For whoever was asking for AMS next time out. Found this on FH (Forums Hawaii)::

Once you place your deposit please email me to let me know so i can get you slot. shaggadelic808@gmail.com

June 11th... Tell your friends.

Planning on doing Friday, Saturday, Sunday if there are enough cars! More days if necessary!

You can always contact me directly if needed chris (at) amsperformance.com

Whats up guys!

Yes, I will be able to come out there in November no problem!

Whatever car you have, I can tune it, genesis, subi, evo, 350z, GTR, Porsche, stand-alone, piggy back, WHATEVER, I've probably tuned it at least once before!

If anyone has any questions about how to set up their car, I would be happy to help, just shoot me an email at chris (at) amsperformance.com

I tune AccessPort as well! I have support for Subaru's, EVO's, and GTR's currently. If you have another car that they support and you need a tune, please contact me about that as well.

-Chris

please this time make sure your car is up to par to tune & please make sure your there for your tune and not forget lol...

New tune is $395 + $120 dyno time

~AccessPort
~Open Source
~Greddy E-manage Ultimate
~AEM
~F-con
~Many others - contact Chris for more information on your specific tuning software

Re-Flash $200 (if you have tuned with AMS before & with the same ECU)

Evo X owners will need to contact Chris for pricing since you will need an EcuTek license, which Chris will explain via e-mail.

Re-Flash Evo X $300 (if you have tuned with AMS before & with the same ECU)

Standalone guys will also need to contact Chris for pricing since these will take a while to tune.

Dyno will be $120 per hour. if you feel you need more time take 2 slots. if you go over your time RADS will charge you an "After hours fee" since it will make the whole day back up. & its not fair to rads or the guys in the afternoon to have to pay more b/c your car wasn't ready. Most of the times its due to parts not working or boost leaks. if your car is ready it shouldnt take that long. ALSO IF YOU MISS YOUR TIME YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR SLOT AND BE PLACE AT THE END OF THE DAY OR YOU MAY NOT GET ON AT ALL. WE HAVE HAD PPLS THE LAST TIME SHOW UP LATE AND MESS UP THE REST OF THE DAY! BE ON TIME!!

He can be reached at:

Chris@amsperformance.com

PLEASE CONTACT AMS FOR NEW TUNE GUYS & PLACE YOUR DEPOSIT!

Here is the Time slots.

BE READY 30MINS PRIOR TO YOUR TUNE!!

11/19/10 Friday
9:00~
10:00~
11:00~
12:00~
1:00~ Lunch
2:00~
3:00~
4:00~
5:00~
6:00~

11/20/10 Saturday:

11/21/10 Sunday:

aloha
Old Sep 27, 2010, 02:57 AM

He hasn't replied to my emails yet, from like a week ago.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

i will wait for Mellon. Cheaper + mo betta = win.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

QUOTE=E2theD;8695312]Lol oh damn, I knew that.
If you've got time, I've got a noob question for you lol.
If your getting turbo flutter when your turbo isnt fully spooled, but its fine at higher psi/higher spool, should you just change the Bov anyways? Or is that just normal? I remember just shifting regularly at around 3/3.5k and already experiencing flutter, not that it wasn't totally unexpected though. But I know its really unhealthy for turbos. Don't think my friend has the cash to upgrade to an FP anytime soon either.[/QUOTE]

i have the same issue if you are in a low RPM and a low boost with partial throttle. my car hates it lol. i am going with a modded car, it is normal.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Gauging interest:

Mellon Tuning trip to Honolulu

The time frame right now (without a scheduled date) is february - March Time frame. We are going to need at least 5 people for this trip. More is better. We are going to determine the price based off of the amount of people interested. I am working out the details, but please let me know if you are interested. There will be a 50% non-refundable deposit. If you are INTERESTED please post up here. I will update the list as we go. The price (subject to change) right now is $400 per tune, $600 for 2 maps. This is just a tentative price. IF dyno tuning, you will need to pay for your own dyno time. I can work out a group rate at RADS, but we will work on that after the list is made.

Cars currently able to be tuned: EVO VIII, EVO IX, and EVO X. Stock ECU for now. Chris will chime in and let us know what else he can do.

To be put on the list, there is no deposit required:

1. *constant_boost

Last edited by SLO-EVO; Sep 27, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
Gauging interest:

Mellon Tuning trip to Honolulu

The time frame right now (without a scheduled date) is february - March Time frame. We are going to need at least 5 people for this trip. More is better. We are going to determine the price based off of the amount of people interested. I am working out the details, but please let me know if you are interested. There will be a 50% non-refundable deposit. If you are INTERESTED please post up here. I will update the list as we go. The price (subject to change) right now is $400 per tune, $600 for 2 maps. This is just a tentative price. IF dyno tuning, you will need to pay for your own dyno time. I can work out a group rate at RADS, but we will work on that after the list is made.

Cars currently able to be tuned: EVO VIII, EVO IX, and EVO X. Stock ECU for now. Chris will chime in and let us know what else he can do.

To be put on the list, there is no deposit required:

1. *constant_boost
Shoot i would be down for this, but i just need to find out the details on where im going to put my car. Im supposed to rotate right when i get back, so i might ship the car early (back to FL). All depends on my orders.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIII808
Shoot i would be down for this, but i just need to find out the details on where im going to put my car. Im supposed to rotate right when i get back, so i might ship the car early (back to FL). All depends on my orders.
just let me know man, i told you i will hook you up. i will even ship your car back if you need me to. i got you bud.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteMRevo
Wow, nice! I'm going to jack some pics! Thanks for the shots
HAHA here is another one, Special for you. SuperK im working on yours too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesfotography/5031932226/http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesfotography/5031932226/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/jesfotography/, on Flickr

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***