Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruizzle13
I just bought an ams cai and a truboost gauge..I was going to wait till the ams guy came down but I will be leaving in June and would like to install the parts before I leave..on the ams website it said that the cai required a tune to work properly and could hurt the engine if not..so I was wondering if I can get a good tune from somewhere???

I have all the mods in my sig with no tune and im ok.......to include the AMS CAI
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:23 AM

holy crap this thread blew up fast LOL. everybody just needs to calm down settling the power vs. cosmetic war would be like settling the mustang vs camaro war. Not gunna happen. But to comment about the above comment about how evo guys seem cliqish i would have to some what agree. I made it out to one meet so far and met up with jose and i think kipo? probably just bombed that name sorry man....but they were super nice guys and willing to share info with me. Maybe im wrong cuz i wasnt all running all over trying to introduce myself to other groups of people but im not that kinda guy really. When i had my mustang we usually opened our arms up to new people unless they were a huge douche. Either way everyone i have met on here has been cool to me and i appreciate that. first boosted car, first evo

I am pretty sure i need to change my tranny fluid. when i floor it at any sort of highway speeds to pass a slow moving car or anything it doesnt seem to want to move very quickly. It accelerates and makes boost but idk. lol. hard to explain if ur not in the car to feel it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:58 AM

Oh btw if anyone wants to buy a entire custom audio set up for a 2008 lancer and up lmk. When i bought my MR it came with subs, battery, a custom rack the box for the subs to sit on and like computer fans to cool down the amps. Jose seen it. its pretty cool but im not a audio guy.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
I guess now I'm confused... An "outrun" challenge??? What are you going to outrun in a lancer gts? I mean seriously... A Prius? Going that fast in a stock lancer on Hawaii roads with their horrible drivers isn't "spirited driving"... It's retarded
First off Rob you dot know me so don't come at me hot. Don't disrespect me bc I've never done that to anyone of you on here. I don't drive fast in the middle of the day it's at night when the roads are pretty much clear , I do what I like so why judge me. If you all weren't into that stuff what's te point in putting money into a car an not driving it that to me is retarded. Please keep your rude *** comments to yourself, I would want any bad blood between myself anyone else in here, but know this I won't back down from anyone about anything. Just because I'm civil about it doesn't mean I don't know how to be a ****ing douche. I've tried to be nice and make friends with many of you don't make it negative, keep it a buck but don't be rude.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
People driving like douches, weaving, and racing on H1 is why cops constantly give us trouble even when we are just driving normal. The island is small with only a few major highways. We don't need boy racers ripping down the same highways our wife and kids are on. Everybody gets on their Evo occasionally. But if you are doing 120 down H-1, your ***in idiot
Just bc you have cop trouble doesn't mean it's everyone's fault , like I told Rob just now don't disrespect me, I'm not a kid nor am I an idiot. If you can't handle what I'm saying then that's too bad for you
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:42 AM

^ +1 the only times i have ever went over 100mph down the h1 is when it was late as hell at night time..........
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
We have had this conversation here before... Making "power" doesn't mean you will be fast on a track.... And since we have no track why is power>functional aero etc? Unless you are going to race red lights downtown or boy racer it up on the freeway your power>"shiny" argument seems rather..... Retarded.....

And for the record... I really don't care if you were pointing fingers at Mark, Jason or myself... Nor was I getting defensive.... I was stating the obvious... It's a stupid argument. Whether you are rocking a t3 setup, hellaflush, bolt-ons, full aero, etc really makes no difference.... It's your car... More importantly your money... Spend as you wish... Just don't be the jackass that gives the rest of us a bad name for being a douchebag on the street. Save that **** for the guys on forumshawaii
Again I'm pretty sure you all had problems before I cane to Hawaii and I know for a fact I don't contribute to your "bad name" , I've seen worse driving from the damn locals on this islands talk less of military
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:04 AM

I disagree with your last point, as there is plenty of arrogance on this board that is rewarded, not penalized. But such is the way of the Internet...[/QUOTE]

That seems to be true from what I'm seeing now
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just getting a laugh from all this, I'm one of those "douches" that goes to the nex and gets run out and races on the highway. Honestly don't care what any of you say. Which is why I find this funny. On that note, anyone else going to be at the nex Saturday night?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by OsaSooSmooth
Just bc you have cop trouble doesn't mean it's everyone's fault , like I told Rob just now don't disrespect me, I'm not a kid nor am I an idiot. If you can't handle what I'm saying then that's too bad for you
It's not "everyone"s fault. It's the fault of people who drive 100mph down H-1. So gtfo wid that stupid azz "disrespect" s h I t. You disrespect everybody who's families are on the road when you drive like a tool. And go ahead and tell me what hours you do it. I guess I'll give my wife a curfew cuz after certain hours she has to worry about some dumb azz ripping down H-1 at 120. And "handle" your words? Really? C'mon man I've handle worse than people saying dumb ****. It sounds like YOU just can't handle somebody calling you out about driving like a douche. I don't give a *** what time it is, driving down H-1 at 100mph is ***in stupid, and people who do that can't "handle" having an Evo OR a driver's license. But guess what, I'm not your mom so your free to drive how you want. But I'm also free to call you out for driving like a dumbass on a public highway
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by JD Ashley
I'm just getting a laugh from all this, I'm one of those "douches" that goes to the nex and gets run out and races on the highway. Honestly don't care what any of you say. Which is why I find this funny. On that note, anyone else going to be at the nex Saturday night?
I AM TO! lol i have been street racing every weekend since i have been on this island for the last 2 years. I go out the h3 and and h1 and race. And have a blast doing it. If you dont like it thanks for the opinion.....I bought a evo to make it fast........not slam it to the ground and make it look cute. (not talking ****) In all honesty I shoulda probably kept the mustang (425whp NA) that ***** was quick. and i had nitto 555 295's in the rear just to hook with lower control rods. But JD ill try and bribe the wife into letting me take the evo out tomorrow then we can meet up. I sit in the back of the nex with all the mustangs and camaro's, vettes and ****.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by JD Ashley
Yea yea I know.....nobody cares. Just like a lot of my soldiers don't care what I have to say about drunk driving either. Doesn't mean I'm not going to call them out for being dumbasses
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by LOLvtec
I AM TO! lol i have been street racing every weekend since i have been on this island for the last 2 years. I go out the h3 and and h1 and race. And have a blast doing it. If you dont like it thanks for the opinion.....I bought a evo to make it fast........not slam it to the ground and make it look cute. (not talking ****) In all honesty I shoulda probably kept the mustang (425whp NA) that ***** was quick. and i had nitto 555 295's in the rear just to hook with lower control rods. But JD ill try and bribe the wife into letting me take the evo out tomorrow then we can meet up. I sit in the back of the nex with all the mustangs and camaro's, vettes and ****.
So if you don't street race you are automatically "slamming it and making pretty". Pretty sure I went to the track every weekend back home in NY and never street raced once I got past the age of high school
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by OsaSooSmooth
Again I'm pretty sure you all had problems before I cane to Hawaii and I know for a fact I don't contribute to your "bad name" , I've seen worse driving from the damn locals on this islands talk less of military
^+1 I swear to god man people ride my *** and i have a very very short temper (im irish lol) and if i hit the brakes and pull over and let them pass and then do the same to them or whatever they wanna get out and act like a billy bad *** and fight me at a stop light. Honestly im sick and tired of how bad *** some of the people think they are here. I cant wait to go back to texas.........Atleast people on the mainland are somewhat smart......I can guarentee if one of the locals that have tried being a badass to me tried that in texas he would be greeted with a .45 to his face when he got to that persons driver window. I dont get it. Or the whole honking thing. They drive like **** and you honk or do anything and its like "HO BRAH! I LIKE SCRAP!" lol. idk......sorry not trying to talk **** about any local people on here at all. Cuz i have some amazing local friends but its just those select few of cocky douches that ruin it for everyone i guess.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To each their own Mark.

Originally Posted by LOLvtec
And you've prolly already seen my car since thats where I hang out also, I'm usually with Trey, Nivez or Tony. Mine is the silver evo 8 with tenso r rims

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***