Notices

Shifter Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifter Question

Hello guys, been away from the forums for a bit. Is it just me or the forum has died down. It seems like the for sale section is absolutely dead. Feels to me like a dying platform.

Now for my question. I have a TWM shortshift on my car with the bushings and all. My problem is when Im in neutral if I move the shifter either to the left or right it doesnt come back to the center. I remember installing only 1 of the 2 shifter linkage bushings because the 2nd one was a PITA to get to. I did realized that the oem bushing that I did not change is now loose. Would replacing that solve my problem?

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2016, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You have the replacement parts. You should be able to answer your own question. Now get to work to lazy b#$%^&!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lurking from the Evo X side ... If it's not the original bushing, it's probably worth contacting TWM. Someone had a similar issue with an Evo X and TWM responded. In the end they suggested using a lot of grease and said that their bushings will eventually wear into place and the lever will start coming back to center on its own. Don't know what the outcome was, though.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11388542
Old Jan 14, 2016, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
this has been discussed in a few different threads, one I think "shifter not returning to center" is in the title...ensure the bushings are heavily lubricated, and if that doesn't solve your problem then it's the hinge on the control lever.