Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed A new fuel pump... No Start??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed A new fuel pump... No Start??

I installed a Walbro 440 and now there is no fuel getting to the fuel rail. I have checked all relays, fuses, lines, and removed the pump and checked everything 4 times. What am I doing wrong here? I checked to make sure the polarity was not backwards on the pump as well. Could my fuel pump housing be shot? The pump cycles with EvoScan. As a matter of fact, everything I could cycle with EvoScan I did, to make sure the ECU was functioning. My car has been down for a week now and Im super frustrated. Im about to light this thing on fire and walk away. i know it has to be something really simple. But what? By the way.... It has a full tank of gas...
Old Apr 14, 2013, 08:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by sourtowel
I installed a Walbro 440 and now there is no fuel getting to the fuel rail. I have checked all relays, fuses, lines, and removed the pump and checked everything 4 times. What am I doing wrong here? I checked to make sure the polarity was not backwards on the pump as well. Could my fuel pump housing be shot? The pump cycles with EvoScan. As a matter of fact, everything I could cycle with EvoScan I did, to make sure the ECU was functioning. My car has been down for a week now and Im super frustrated. Im about to light this thing on fire and walk away. i know it has to be something really simple. But what? By the way.... It has a full tank of gas...
Did you try priming the pump?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

^
Old Apr 15, 2013, 04:33 PM

Did you disconnect the battery before the instlalation? If not, I would go back and check all the fuses. Specifically the 2 inside the cabin which are associated with na "engine" symbol on the fuse box diagram. I just had this problem a few weeks ago. lol
Old Apr 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you just need to prime the pump.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by TommiM
I think you just need to prime the pump.
The pump is primed. Sorry I had to get my computer fixed.
I used my stock battery I had sitting in my garage to bypass everything and hook the pump strait to power source with aligator clamps. It primed right up. That was not the issue. The issue was that the wiring on my OEM fuel pump plug in was swapped from the previous owner. So in order for me to get the pump to work right I had to wire the red (pump wire) to black housing wire and black (pump wire) to blue housing wire. Its amazing how something so simple could cause so much frustration. Thanks for the help guys